GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Major Earthquake in Haiti kills 50,000+, maybe more

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Haven't seen this posted yet:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/01/13/haiti.earthquake/index.html

http://www.latestnewsonline.net/world/earthquake-in-haiti-kills-nearly-fifty-thousand-people/56978.html

An earthquake of 7.3-magnitude rocked the Caribbean nation of Haiti on Wednesday
The killer earthquake in the Carribean nation Haiti has left nearly 50,000 people dead amidst wide-scale destruction.

The country’s Prime Minister warned the death toll may top 100,000 in a
calamitous quake which left streets strewn with corpses and thousands
missing in a scene of utter carnage.

Diddle...

A terrible blow for Haiti. They are already the poorest nation in the Western World. Tragic.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I was following this at work yesterday. Very odd feeling as I've been looking to book a family trip to the DR and have been checking out various resorts online. My wife's on assignment with the RCMP and one of their co-workers (she hasn't been there long enough to have met him) has not been heard from since the quake. I think he was with the UN. They are still reeling from Czapnic's funeral last week and now this.

Is the 50,000 confirmed? It could go much higher.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The SUN is saying the death toll could be in the 6 figures.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum