GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc.

+35
NEELY
stempniaksen
Tuk Tuk
M_Christopher
BigRig
Urkie
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
strachattack
sens4win
garblar
ddt
Vandelay
jamvan
SDH89
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
beedub
beerandsens
shabbs
wprager
Riprock
Sens19
LeCaptain
TeamRenzo
SensGirl11
Flo The Action
Devo
rooneypoo
PKC
asq2
SensHulk
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36 ... 68  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 68]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:I'm sorry but Staal has never had one player of the calibre of an Alfredsson or Heatley on his wing, let alone two.

He's a Stanley Cup champion and he had 28 points (9G, 19A) in that playoff run as well as another 15 points (10G, 5A) in last year's playoffs.

So it's not like he was just along for the ride.

Ray Whitney is very close to Alfredsson caliber. Also, Cory Stillman was in his hey-day there. There's no Heatley there, but the Canes had a great core of forwards that year. It's only recently that they've gone to Dung.

No wonder we're all waiting for this Staal/Spezza trade to be announced. Good insight. ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc. - Page 4 457303

Do you actually want Eric Staal and his massively overpaid contract here? Because if you think Spezza's struggling, you ain't seen nothin' yet. E.Staal can struggle like there's NO tomorrow. Just ask all the people who badly want him out of Carolina how much they love him.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Do you actually want Eric Staal and his massively overpaid contract here? Because if you think Spezza's struggling, you ain't seen nothin' yet. E.Staal can struggle like there's NO tomorrow. Just ask all the people who badly want him out of Carolina how much they love him.

I would like to ask our esteemed GMHockey members how much they love him. Surely, ShabbsnetConnected will have a chart to answer all our questions. ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc. - Page 4 663118

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:I'm sorry but Staal has never had one player of the calibre of an Alfredsson or Heatley on his wing, let alone two.

He's a Stanley Cup champion and he had 28 points (9G, 19A) in that playoff run as well as another 15 points (10G, 5A) in last year's playoffs.

Ray Whitney is very close to Alfredsson caliber. Also, Cory Stillman was in his hey-day there. There's no Heatley there, but the Canes had a great core of forwards that year. It's only recently that they've gone to Dung.

No wonder we're all waiting for this Staal/Spezza trade to be announced. Good insight. ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc. - Page 4 457303

Do you actually want Eric Staal and his massively overpaid contract here? Because if you think Spezza's struggling, you ain't seen nothin' yet. E.Staal can struggle like there's NO tomorrow. Just ask all the people who badly want him out of Carolina how much they love him.

He's at least made it to the 40 goal, 100 point plateau which is where we keep saying Spezza will get to. And it's not going to be this year for Jason, and those years on the calender keep rolling over. So when's it gonna be?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

1st, i'm not for trading spezza. but i could be convinced if the return is huge. like 2 first round picks and a 1st line center. i like the atlanta trade someone proposed. bogo and little for spezz and volchi. atlanta would do it too cuz they're getting desperate to get kovalchuk to sign on the doted line.
the stall thing ain't gonna happen. he's the face of carolina. but i agree he'd be much better with our 1st line... but i thought he was a RW? who'd center?
possible other trades that might make me budge would be derek roy and some 1sts from buff or dustin brown and hickey and a 1st or one of my favourites brassard and filatov for spezza.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Devo wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
I get your frustration, but that statement is pure hyperbole. Off the top of my head, Spezza is out-producing McDonald (14) and Gomez (12). Plus, if it's fair to count guys who missed a little time: E. Staal (9), Savard (11), and Horcoff (11).

I understand the sentiment, but let's not distort the facts. Is Spezza having a brutal year, statistically? Yes. Is he being out-produced by a number of #1 centres, and even by his own #2 centre? Yes. Is he among the least productive #1 centres in the NHL right now? Yes.

ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc. - Page 4 853109

May I add he's dealing with a significant enough injury that it's affecting his game, yet he's been asked by the team to play through it.
All things being equal, if there were more players on the team playing to a higher level (Cheechoo, Kelly, KOVALEV!!!) then I guarantee that Spezza would be asked to sit and get the injury fully healed and then come back.

What injury is that? Some kind of mental injury that keeps him from using his brain to make plays?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

He's at least made it to the 40 goal, 100 point plateau which is where we keep saying Spezza will get to. And it's not going to be this year for Jason, and those years on the calender keep rolling over. So when's it gonna be?

don cherry said something that stuck with me the other day.(and i'm no fan of don) "spezza doesn't shoot the puck on net enough" and then i started watchin for that in his game and it's true, there's chances missed in so many games where he would of gotten a great shot.
no i agree, spezza will probably not reach the 100 points but i'm suire he could get between 80 and 90 again a few times. just shoot the puck you rolex moron! lol.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:1st, i'm not for trading spezza. but i could be convinced if the return is huge. like 2 first round picks and a 1st line center. i like the atlanta trade someone proposed. bogo and little for spezz and volchi. atlanta would do it too cuz they're getting desperate to get kovalchuk to sign on the doted line.
the stall thing ain't gonna happen. he's the face of carolina. but i agree he'd be much better with our 1st line... but i thought he was a RW? who'd center?
possible other trades that might make me budge would be derek roy and some 1sts from buff or dustin brown and hickey and a 1st or one of my favourites brassard and filatov for spezza.

Good luck getting anything even close to that for this guy. You think teams are going to trade for him on a whim? They're going to scout him 100x more intensely than Team Canada has/will and they're going to see this guy isn't contributing jack Dung to the team.

Since the end of October, this guy has 7 points in 15 games. What the Diddle is that?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Devo wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
I get your frustration, but that statement is pure hyperbole. Off the top of my head, Spezza is out-producing McDonald (14) and Gomez (12). Plus, if it's fair to count guys who missed a little time: E. Staal (9), Savard (11), and Horcoff (11).

I understand the sentiment, but let's not distort the facts. Is Spezza having a brutal year, statistically? Yes. Is he being out-produced by a number of #1 centres, and even by his own #2 centre? Yes. Is he among the least productive #1 centres in the NHL right now? Yes.

May I add he's dealing with a significant enough injury that it's affecting his game, yet he's been asked by the team to play through it. All things being equal, if there were more players on the team playing to a higher level (Cheechoo, Kelly, KOVALEV!!!) then I guarantee that Spezza would be asked to sit and get the injury fully healed and then come back.

Source?

In any event, I think we're going to be asking Spezza to sit before long, regardless of his medical status.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

don cherry said something that stuck with me the other day.(and i'm no fan of don) "spezza doesn't shoot the puck on net enough" and then i started watchin for that in his game and it's true, there's chances missed in so many games where he would of gotten a great shot.
no i agree, spezza will probably not reach the 100 points but i'm suire he could get between 80 and 90 again a few times. just shoot the puck you rolex moron! lol.

If you think that's the biggest of Spezza's problems right now, you are deluding yourself. He just doesn't know how to make high percentage offensive plays. He's too concerned with being on highlight reels with slick cross ice passes and behind the back drop passes. He can't be bothered to take the puck to the net and absorb some bumps on the way. It's not like he's one of the biggest Diddling guys on the team or anything? Ryan Shannon who's the size of a Diddling shoe has more balls than that oaf-looking douche bag.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's all well and good to criticize Spezza but we should all be excited about the prospect of welcoming young Eric Staal into the fold. I think he will find his game here in Ottawa.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Boo to trading Spezza. ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc. - Page 4 65556 If we got offered something that couldn't be refused, maybe. But, I'm all for keeping him, struggling or not right now, he's going to be an awesome Centerman for years to come.

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:Rumour has it Staal could be had for a young top-6 forward and a young defenceman.

Spezza + Lee for Staal? ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc. - Page 4 159628

I'm asking this seriously: is there a difference between the two players?

Staal is a goal scorer by nature.

Devo wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

May I add he's dealing with a significant enough injury that it's affecting his game, yet he's been asked by the team to play through it. All things being equal, if there were more players on the team playing to a higher level (Cheechoo, Kelly, KOVALEV!!!) then I guarantee that Spezza would be asked to sit and get the injury fully healed and then come back.

We should probably find a real excuses. Sick of all the same people saying the same BS for Spezza. I love how some people are saying he has an injury as a FACT, it's not a fact and he has come out and said this is the best he has felt all year.

Cheechoo has more goals then Spezza, Kelly is tied and truth be told, Kelly is getting more chances then Spezza. Right now Kelly is actually the better player and playing WAY better hockey.

Flo The Action wrote:1st, i'm not for trading spezza. but i could be convinced if the return is huge. like 2 first round picks and a 1st line center. i like the atlanta trade someone proposed. bogo and little for spezz and volchi. atlanta would do it too cuz they're getting desperate to get kovalchuk to sign on the doted line.

Is that a joke?

This right here is how over valued and over rated Spezza is in a lot of people eyes. He's not worth ANYWHERE NEAR THAT. Not even cose.

I would say A Train's value is on par's with Spezza in a trade.

SensGirl11 wrote:Boo to trading Spezza. ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc. - Page 4 65556 If we got offered something that couldn't be refused, maybe. But, I'm all for keeping him, struggling or not right now, he's going to be an awesome Centerman for years to come.

I disagree with that WHOLE thing. Speza isnt anywhere near an awesome center man and wont be an awesome centerman. He doesnt have the mental ability to play that role nor the work ethic thats needed to be a number 1 center, not even close.

SeawaySensFan wrote:It's all well and good to criticize Spezza but we should all be excited about the prospect of welcoming young Eric Staal into the fold. I think he will find his game here in Ottawa.

Eric Staal in Ottawa in a frigging heart beat.

Both guys probably need a change on scenery, Spezza has needed one for a while and he would have gotten one if it wasnt for Heatley asking to be dealt.

He's an arrogant mofo... Like I said in the gdt, put him on a line with Cheechoo and Kovalev and stop relying on them. Let them do whatever the Diddle they want. Move Fish up to #1 and maybe the Spezza line will get a little upset after 5-6 games of being shown up by the "lesser talent" and maybe they'll show up...for a couple games....

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:I'm pretty bored at work, so what do you think of this trade:

To Ottawa: Nikita Filatov, CBJ 3rd rd pick 2010, some AHL calibre d-man

To CBJ: Ottawa 1st rounder & SJ 2nd rounder 2010, Brian Lee, Salary Dump (cheechoo or kelly)

Note: Ottawa 1st rounder is worst case scenario....it could be another 1st rounder that we net from say a trade for volchenkov...

Too much. Filatov is a risky proposition because of his commie origins. Kelly isn't a salary dump. He's the Smartest Man in Hockey. And Choochoo could be countered with a player like Modin to even that out.

What of this Spezza deal? Any more rumblings? Rutherford presser imminent?

So why does he take so many dumb penalites?

I am a fan of CK but to call him the smartest man in hockey is a bit of a stretch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum