GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc.

+35
NEELY
stempniaksen
Tuk Tuk
M_Christopher
BigRig
Urkie
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
strachattack
sens4win
garblar
ddt
Vandelay
jamvan
SDH89
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
beedub
beerandsens
shabbs
wprager
Riprock
Sens19
LeCaptain
TeamRenzo
SensGirl11
Flo The Action
Devo
rooneypoo
PKC
asq2
SensHulk
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 43 ... 68  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 68]

wprager wrote:"I'm" comments say all that to you? Wow, you must have X-Ray vision to read between the lines that well.

They spend so much time together as it is, why would they want to live close together as well? The only advantage would be if they car pooled to "work".

Buying a $7M home, especially the most expensive on the market, was definitely on the show-off/selfish side. But I still don't buy it that *that* particular act makes him a bad team mate. There's plenty to slam him for, this is not one of them.

By the way, you never did respond to my other comments:
- Phillips spends his summers away from the team at his cottage
- Alfie doesn't live in Kanata
- Fisher doesn't live in Kanata either

Like I said earlier, it's not that "one act" it's that one act with a combination of others. I told everyone this before, Spezza is looked at as selfish and not very well liked in that dressing room which, IMO is having the biggest effect on his play. No one cares about the guy and as rich as he is and as much as he has done in his short career from a personal stand point, being on a team that cant stand you (he doesnt have Heatley, Emery, or McGrattan anymore) is one of the worst feelings on the planet.

I really do hope he is doing it to become close to the team because at this point, he is playing and looking like an outcast and that was bound to happen with all of his personal crutches gone.

As for the off season players go their seperate ways, in season is a lot different. Alfi and Fisher live in that general area of town.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

N4L wrote:Yeah, well a 7 million dollar home for 2 people is just a way to show off your money. He's about the only guy that lives out of Kanata too (Ive had a problem with that from day 1)

Do you know this for a fact? Most of the players who live in Kanata do so because it is an excellent place to raise your family while being 5 mins from the office.

Nobody in the Sens org gives two Dung if you have a problem where Spezza lives. Talk about grasping...

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Yashin lived in Kanata. That made him such a great team guy.

TeamRenzo wrote:
N4L wrote:Yeah, well a 7 million dollar home for 2 people is just a way to show off your money. He's about the only guy that lives out of Kanata too (Ive had a problem with that from day 1)

Do you know this for a fact? Most of the players who live in Kanata do so because it is an excellent place to raise your family while being 5 mins from the office.

Nobody in the Sens org gives two Dung if you have a problem where Spezza lives. Talk about grasping...

Hahaha, nope, but players do.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Look, Neely, I 100% agree with you that Spezza comes off as a bit of a douche for buying the most expensive house on the Ottawa market. It's not actually such a *huge* house, it's just very, very expensive. It's definitely show-offish and that's just got to be seen in a negative light.

However I'm pretty sure that its location relative to the SBP has very, very little to do with anything.

wprager wrote:Yashin lived in Kanata. That made him such a great team guy.

This has what to do with Spezza? So did Bonk who was also a jerk off. Like I said, it's not a major thing, it's a bunch of minor things that add up.

You can choose to "buy it" or choose not to but Spezza is not well liked in that dressing room by the vets.

wprager wrote:Look, Neely, I 100% agree with you that Spezza comes off as a bit of a douche for buying the most expensive house on the Ottawa market. It's not actually such a *huge* house, it's just very, very expensive. It's definitely show-offish and that's just got to be seen in a negative light.

However I'm pretty sure that its location relative to the SBP has very, very little to do with anything.

It's not the location to the arena, it's in regaurds to everyone else. Like I said for the 500th time, look at Philly. There are guys who live DT and guys who on the outskirts (ie Kanata) and it is a HUGE problem when the entire team is split.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe they can't stand his giggle. Maybe they are jealous about his salary or his wife. I know that I definitely have not had a chance to ask Alfie or Phillips if they got along with Spezza. Have you?

Speaking of family, do you know how well *we* get along in our family? Probably not, since those things are, you know, private. And since a hockey team is like a family (you said that) they tend to be fairly private about what goes on inside there as well.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Philly did pretty well last year. Did they all move away during the off-season?

wprager wrote:Maybe they can't stand his giggle. Maybe they are jealous about his salary or his wife. I know that I definitely have not had a chance to ask Alfie or Phillips if they got along with Spezza. Have you?

Speaking of family, do you know how well *we* get along in our family? Probably not, since those things are, you know, private. And since a hockey team is like a family (you said that) they tend to be fairly private about what goes on inside there as well.

Nope, but as we discussed last year, a big 6'9 D man had a big problem. Not going to get into the whole "ive heard it from him or him" thing again, but Spezza does not have a lot of respect from a lot of people in general around the league.

As for the kept private part, Ottawa is way too small of a city when the focus is 100% on those 23 players to keep things private... also some players we have had here border on mentally ill in terms of what they chose to show in public.

Back to Spezza though, again, I was trying to comend him for trying to move closer to the arena and most team mates, not trash him. It is things like buying that house though that makes him the players and person he is. You have to really want to be part of a team, not just say it.

wprager wrote:Philly did pretty well last year. Did they all move away during the off-season?

Last year isnt this year and it is absolutely tearing their team apart right now. There is the DT screw and the suburb crew. Biggest problem in Ottawa, Philly, and basically The NHL now are these 21, 22 year old kids becoming millionaires and being on their own.

Ottawa has corrected a lot of that.

Anyways, are players going home and saying "man, I wish Spezza was in Kanata", no they arnt. When he bought that house there were guys that said "what a douche". They add up.

Good for Spezza for moving out of that place. (unless there is a trade coming)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:
wprager wrote:Philly did pretty well last year. Did they all move away during the off-season?

Last year isnt this year and it is absolutely tearing their team apart right now. There is the DT screw and the suburb crew. Biggest problem in Ottawa, Philly, and basically The NHL now are these 21, 22 year old kids becoming millionaires and being on their own.

Well if you are suggesting that 20-21 year olds should be living with the vets, then I'm all for that. But Spezza is 25 now and married.

By the way, does anyone know if Karlsson is back in Alfie's basement?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Yep he is.

wprager wrote:
N4L wrote:

Well if you are suggesting that 20-21 year olds should be living with the vets, then I'm all for that. But Spezza is 25 now and married.

Vets, parents, the church... whatever, but it's becoming a huge problem in The NHL especially with kids that come out of jr.

wprager wrote:
N4L wrote:

As for Spezza though, he has been brought up 100% the wrong way by the organization since Martin got canned. Muckler was all about the short term and he screwed The Sens long term, and IMO, Spezza as well.

I think there are a ton of issue's in general with Spezza but the way he has been handled since day one basically as hurt him.

I actually hate Jr Hockey more every day.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What's the J Hockey role in this? The problems start because of the huge salary jump from AHL to the NHL. Would it not make sense if the league minimum would be under $100K? Of course the "stars" would still get more, but in addition to the rookie limits they could introduce a clause where the player's salary until he is a certain age is put in a trust. You're not even old enough to drink until you're 21 in a few places, but you can buy a Lambroghini or a $million+ house.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 43 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum