GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What do you think I could get for one of Ruutu's teeth on eBay?

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Michael Fisher Portnoy II

Rookie
Rookie

Someone must have seen that vicious two-hander by Salvador last night. Will/should the league review it? Possible suspension? It was brutal.

http://www.theempirescoresback.blogspot.com

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd be surprised if anything came out of it just because it's Ruutu. Pay back for eating Buffalo fingers in the eyes of Coli Campbell?

- Unknown Author

Rookie
Rookie

brutal though. i mean personal safety should come before all else from a ref's standpoint, no matter who it is... fine if you don;t give them that neutral zone tripping call, or that minor slash in the corner, but if headshots are what you are trying to get out of the game, then this kind of sh*t has to be called.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michael Fisher Portnoy II wrote:brutal though. i mean personal safety should come before all else from a ref's standpoint, no matter who it is... fine if you don;t give them that neutral zone tripping call, or that minor slash in the corner, but if headshots are what you are trying to get out of the game, then this kind of sh*t has to be called.

I'm not disagreeing with you. It's hard to believe that all 4 officials on the ice (yes all 4 because the linesmen can tell the ref they need to call a high sticking penalty) didn't see anything especially when you consider he was in on a scoring chance. What else were they watching if not that?

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'd be surprised if anything came out of it just because it's Ruutu. Pay back for eating Buffalo fingers in the eyes of Coli Campbell?

That doesn't explain the non-call that could have had talking about a win this morning.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'd be surprised if anything came out of it just because it's Ruutu. Pay back for eating Buffalo fingers in the eyes of Coli Campbell?

That doesn't explain the non-call that could have had talking about a win this morning.

Nope. But you might be able to get a few bucks for Ruutu's teeth on eBay.

- Unknown Author

Rookie
Rookie

SeawaySensFan wrote:

100% agreed... worse yet, the penalty he took hitting McAmmond was BS too... McAmmond was making a play on the puck, which makes him fair game... He didn;t low bridge him, so WTF?

Ummm, that was a trip. No problem with that call at all. Dumb, selfish play by Ruutu.

Rookie
Rookie

N4L wrote:Ummm, that was a trip. No problem with that call at all. Dumb, selfish play by Ruutu.

I guess I didn't see what i thought I saw... They didn't show a replay. If you say it was valid then I'll take your word for it, but I still have to question the other non-calls.

Any updates on last nights injuries?

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

I'd personally settle for the league publicly disclosing when a ref is reprimanded for a poor game..

Michael Fisher Portnoy II wrote:
N4L wrote:Ummm, that was a trip. No problem with that call at all. Dumb, selfish play by Ruutu.

I guess I didn't see what i thought I saw... They didn't show a replay. If you say it was valid then I'll take your word for it, but I still have to question the other non-calls.

Ive questioned the non calls all year in a lot of other games then just the ones The Sens are involved in.

The hooking, tripping, holding calls that teams get and The Sens are not getting is all on them. You have to work for those penalties and the only guys up front drawing them are Fisher, Michalek, Donovan, and Cheechoo has drawn a few as well.

Rookie
Rookie

N4L wrote:
Michael Fisher Portnoy II wrote:

Ive questioned the non calls all year in a lot of other games then just the ones The Sens are involved in.

The hooking, tripping, holding calls that teams get and The Sens are not getting is all on them. You have to work for those penalties and the only guys up front drawing them are Fisher, Michalek, Donovan, and Cheechoo has drawn a few as well.

Yeah - Agreed, you make your own fortune in this league. I just get cringey when yoou get careless dangerous play like that. My brother had a fairly promising career ended the same way, and no one wants that for these guys, no matter how much you hate them (Dany Heatley)

Meh, I didnt think it was all that vicious. It was hard, it was a penalty, but not too concerned.

Devo wrote:I'd personally settle for the league publicly disclosing when a ref is reprimanded for a poor game..

That will NEVER happen, EVER....

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MurderOnIce wrote:
Devo wrote:I'd personally settle for the league publicly disclosing when a ref is reprimanded for a poor game..

That will NEVER happen, EVER....

Funny how that works yet blatantly sticking it to a team for criticizing the officiating is acceptable. Well-run league there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum