GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brandon Burke is out.

+3
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Jordo
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Brandon Burke is out. Empty Brandon Burke is out. Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:37 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

In case you haven't been watching anything that has been broadcast out of Toronto in the past few days, Brian Burke's son Brendan has come out of the closet and admitted to the world that he is a homosexual. Brendan works with the University of Miami Hockey club, and says that everyone has been very supportive of him since his decision was made.

Well I applaud him for his courage in doing what he did, why the hell is this such a huge news story? Was it really necessary to have him on the intermission being interviewed by both his father and James Duthie? If this isn't an overblown publicity stunt, I have no idea what is.

Brandon Burke is out. 555492

2Brandon Burke is out. Empty Re: Brandon Burke is out. Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:38 am

Ugggh, no offense Jordo but I was hoping this wouldnt get posted at all. This should be a non issue at any level.

3Brandon Burke is out. Empty Re: Brandon Burke is out. Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:43 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:Ugggh, no offense Jordo but I was hoping this wouldnt get posted at all. This should be a non issue at any level.

Agreed. I heard about this yesterday morning but I thought it best to leave it alone. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

4Brandon Burke is out. Empty Re: Brandon Burke is out. Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:50 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I had PVR'd the game so I could put my Daughter to sleep and not miss the game so when it hit that part I didn't even know what it was about because I just fast forwarded it. I read about it in the Sun this morning and I agree with you guys. It really shouldn't be a big story should it?

- Unknown Author

5Brandon Burke is out. Empty Re: Brandon Burke is out. Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:51 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Yeah, I agree. I guess I was just kinda venting at the fact that they're causing this big Diddling fuss about it.

6Brandon Burke is out. Empty Re: Brandon Burke is out. Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:54 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jordo wrote:Yeah, I agree. I guess I was just kinda venting at the fact that they're causing this big Diddling fuss about it.

I suppose this is the right place for it then. It's just kinda funny that we're feeding into it by posting about it. Ahh well. It's one of those conundrums. Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

7Brandon Burke is out. Empty Re: Brandon Burke is out. Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:55 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jordo wrote:Yeah, I agree. I guess I was just kinda venting at the fact that they're causing this big Diddling fuss about it.

It's just an opportunity for Duthie to indulge his mancrush on Burke with some one on one face time.

8Brandon Burke is out. Empty Re: Brandon Burke is out. Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:55 am

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

One significant note about the interview last night though was Burke openly stating that his organization is ready to accept a happy hockey player. That's a major statement, because it opens the door for someone who is happy and wants to declare it but is worried about the fall out both in the league and on his team , to go to Toronto and be the first one.

It only takes one to start and then others will follow and with an entire organization standing behind (excuse my pun) the first one, it will give others the confidence to stand up as well.

Other than that I thought it was just another way for TSN to gloss Toronto, but I did like that statement by the blow hard

9Brandon Burke is out. Empty Re: Brandon Burke is out. Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:17 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It's a big story because of who his father is, and also that unfortunately, some people are still close-minded. I think the hope is that his coming-out will encourage others too.

10Brandon Burke is out. Empty Re: Brandon Burke is out. Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:03 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I find this story to be kinda hyped up for the sole reason of it being the son of toronto's god, Brian Burke. Gives them a feel good story that has to can be associated with the leafs and all the leafs loving tv networks jump on it since its brian burke and leafs!

Its a good story, should be out there, but I think a newspaper article or ONE news report would have been good enough. They've been milking this for how long?

11Brandon Burke is out. Empty Re: Brandon Burke is out. Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Devo wrote:One significant note about the interview last night though was Burke openly stating that his organization is ready to accept a happy hockey player. That's a major statement, because it opens the door for someone who is happy and wants to declare it but is worried about the fall out both in the league and on his team , to go to Toronto and be the first one.

It only takes one to start and then others will follow and with an entire organization standing behind (excuse my pun) the first one, it will give others the confidence to stand up as well.

Other than that I thought it was just another way for TSN to gloss Toronto, but I did like that statement by the blow hard

The more happy hockey players, the happier a team you have. Sarcasm

12Brandon Burke is out. Empty Re: Brandon Burke is out. Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:46 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
Devo wrote:One significant note about the interview last night though was Burke openly stating that his organization is ready to accept a happy hockey player. That's a major statement, because it opens the door for someone who is happy and wants to declare it but is worried about the fall out both in the league and on his team , to go to Toronto and be the first one.

The more happy hockey players, the happier a team you have. Sarcasm

How can you not love banned words. It makes the most normal post hilarious.

- Unknown Author

13Brandon Burke is out. Empty Re: Brandon Burke is out. Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:54 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Devo wrote:One significant note about the interview last night though was Burke openly stating that his organization is ready to accept a happy hockey player...

I suppose that would work if you can someone who is both happy and truculent.

Brandon Burke is out. Street10

14Brandon Burke is out. Empty Re: Brandon Burke is out. Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

How can you not love banned words. It makes the most normal post hilarious.

Pretty funny, I must admit. Laugh1

15Brandon Burke is out. Empty Re: Brandon Burke is out. Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:43 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I suppose that would work if you can someone who is both happy and truculent.

Brandon Burke is out. Street10

What do you mean you will not wear, ze ribbon?!

Man these two are awesome, I keep expecting them to pop up again on Curb sometime.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum