GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does Pittsburgh return to the Finals for a 3rd straight season?

+6
PTFlea
Ev
Riprock
PKC
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Pens started off the season red hot but, after a rash of injuries, they have fizzled out quite a bit. They have gotten Gonchar back and Talbot played his first game of the season vs. the Sens on Thursday.

As the Pens get healthy it looks like they'll be a force yet again this season. If the Pens can't make it to the Finals this season who knocks them out? Do they relax a little too much in an effort to save their best for the finals?

I personally can't see them making it all the way to the finals this season. Philly and Washington are too strong and the fatigue will catch up to them.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If Crosby and Malkin don't start playing like, well, Crosby and Malkin, they don't have a chance of coming out of the East. Not even close. These two look like they are playing tired (geez, the night before the Sens game, wasn't Crosby out in Halifax to carry the torch?) Two cup finals in two years, plus the Olympics this year. The whole team will be tired, their star players, especially so (Crosby, Malkin, Gonchar -- maybe even Fleury).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bump.

Pens and Devils are duking it out for the Division lead. With identical records, it's the head-to-head play that has the Devils in front, pushing the Pens to 4th.

If the playoffs were to start to day, Pittsburgh would be facing the Sens in the first round. They are 2-2 in the season series with Ottawa, with each team winning once at home and once on the road, and with each team blowing out the other once. It's about as even as they come, but I think the first time they faced a fully-healthy Senators lineup was the Jan. 28 game, which the Sens won 4-1. Since then, they have added Mt. Sutton and Cullen, and Karlsson has emerged into a top offensive defenseman (and, no, I am not exaggerating -- it remains to be seen if he can continue his impressive string of games into the post-season). And if that's not enough, there are plenty of players left from the opening round sweep two years ago.

If Pittsburgh can heat up in their last four games and pass the Devils, then their first round opponent will likely be Montreal. Although the Pens won the seasons series 3-1, this is a different Habs team, now that Halak has been given the #1.

Pittsburgh is 5-5 in their last 10 (well, technically they are 5-4-1) and they clearly need to be a better than .500 team heading to the post season. Heating up with 4 games to go is what they need, but would facing Halak in the first round be a bonus or curse?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Safe to say that if Ottawa and Pittsburgh play in the first round, it's going to 7 games and it's going to be one of the best series in NHL history.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:Safe to say that if Ottawa and Pittsburgh play in the first round, it's going to 7 games and it's going to be one of the best series in NHL history.

Well, I, for one, am ready for that series to begin. Check out my new avatar Smile

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
PKC wrote:Safe to say that if Ottawa and Pittsburgh play in the first round, it's going to 7 games and it's going to be one of the best series in NHL history.

Well, I, for one, am ready for that series to begin. Check out my new avatar Smile

AHAHAHAHA, omg, it gets me every time.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Ok, in that case I too am ready. Bring on the Birds.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Ok, in that case I too am ready. Bring on the Birds.

Nice one. Is that a real poster or did you make it up

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Pens would knock us out in 5.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:The Pens would knock us out in 5.

On what do you base your opinion? Last time we met, the first time the Sens had a healthy line up, we beat them 4-1.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The two-headed monster will get you everytime!

Does Pittsburgh return to the Finals for a 3rd straight season? Moz-screenshot-1Does Pittsburgh return to the Finals for a 3rd straight season? Moz-screenshot-2Does Pittsburgh return to the Finals for a 3rd straight season? 4199_98997133764_13732078764_2526027_6895369_n

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:The two-headed monster will get you everytime!

Does Pittsburgh return to the Finals for a 3rd straight season? Moz-screenshot-1Does Pittsburgh return to the Finals for a 3rd straight season? Moz-screenshot-2Does Pittsburgh return to the Finals for a 3rd straight season? 4199_98997133764_13732078764_2526027_6895369_n

Playing with two sticks is a minor. Karlsson tees it up on the resulting PP. 1-0 Sens.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Playing with two sticks is a minor. Karlsson tees it up on the resulting PP. 1-0 Sens.

Laugh1 Very clever.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is my avatar creepy or what? I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight. He keeps ... looking at me.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Is my avatar creepy or what? I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight. He keeps ... looking at me.
Creepy indeed... standing very close... behind him... with a creepy grin... like he's enjoying something...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum