GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

From Russia with love... TSN spotlight on Volchenkov

+10
beerandsens
wprager
PTFlea
SensGirl11
Vandelay
Jordo
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TSN had a nice little spotlight on Volchie this morning highlighting his shot blocking and devastating hits...

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip223835#clip223835

We gotta sign this guy...

I agree this guy should be signed but there is going to be a HUGE log jam in Ottawa on that blueline... That or trade him for some help up front which is something The Sens might need in a big way.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, Sens are in a tough situation with resigning Volchie and keeping as many as we can on that blue line. Murray's going to have to get creative.

TSN also had this article up yesterday:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=294834

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

We need to keep A-Train, we got nobody that can replace what he brings.

Cowen might someday.

My biggest fear is Burke signing him.

Oh well, A Train wouldnt do anything in Toronto, haha. If there is one place he wouldnt hurt us it's in Toronto, for sure. Their D wont score a goal, haha.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd like to keep A-train as well but not at all costs. If it starts getting to be to high a price then trade him for some help up front. We'll struggle without him at first but once Cowen and Wiercioch are comfortable they'll be able to pick up some of that slack in a few years.

- Unknown Author

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If it came down to it for you guys here, if you had the say, who would you keep?

Anton Volchenkov or Chris Phillips?

Phillips.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Me too, but christ would Volchenkov be a tough loss. The future of our D is undeniably:

Karlsson-Cowen
Weircioch-Carkner
Volchenkov-Phillips

And when Phillips retires, a new rookie takes his place.

Does anybody honestly believe that we aren't locking this guy up long term for under 3.5 mil? I think between 3 and 3.5 is the perfect price to pay for Volch and what he brings.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Phillips over A-train?  Have to say, I'm surprised.  I love Phillips, no question, he's a great over-all defenceman.  Very much of the same ilk as Volch- do your job, lead by example....steady all around guys.    Anyway, I'd like to see Volchenkov signed for 2-3 years.  He'll sign at a discount (not sure how much of one).  Just enough time for Cowen and the other youngsters to learn from him.  After 2 or 3 years, his value will still be quite high as he'll only be 30...so we would still likely get the same value as if we were to trade him today.  I think the injuries are eventually going to take a bigger toll on him so Murray will have to play the odds a little.

Jordo wrote:Me too, but christ would Volchenkov be a tough loss. The future of our D is undeniably:

Karlsson-Cowen
Weircioch-Carkner
Volchenkov-Phillips

And when Phillips retires, a new rookie takes his place.

I would throw Lee in there for Carkner honestly. I love Carkner and what he has brought thus far but I dont see him being a long term guy in Ottawa honestly. If he does become a guy that stays on Ottawa's blueline for a long time (3 years or more) then only good things will come of that. I hope he does but I dont see him being part of that young "core". Really hope he does though, be happy to be wrong there.

If A Train does sign elsewhere or gets dealt then Lee will 100% be Phillips D partner next year. No better fit unless him and Cowen really are as good together as they looked in the pre-season.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Neely, you know how much I hate Lee. Don't get me started on that one. If Lee develops into some phenom in the next 2-3 years, I'll eat my words... but I just can't see that happening.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I don't think we can sign A-Train for less than $4 to be honest. But, it's worth every penny.

Hopefully Carkner keeps up his hard work, he'll be a part of our future if he does. We also have Campoli at the moment, we have to hope he gets better defensively of course. Picard can go, and I don't know if there will be room for Lee anymore either. If he's keeping Karlsson up all year, I think it could pretty much spell the end for Lee and Picard here.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Dash wrote:If it came down to it for you guys here, if you had the say, who would you keep?

Volchenkov. With no disrespect to Phillips in any way.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:If it came down to it for you guys here, if you had the say, who would you keep?

Easily Volchenkov.

Wait until teams avoid Volchenkov's side of the ice - only to run right into 6'5", 240 pound Jared Cowen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum