GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Drew Stafford Re-signs

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Drew Stafford Re-signs Empty Drew Stafford Re-signs Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:50 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

TSN

2yrs/4million

2Drew Stafford Re-signs Empty Re: Drew Stafford Re-signs Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:32 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

This guy was supposed to be the bee's knees per Buffalo fans. Everyone's waiting on him to realize his potential, although 20 goals is pretty respectable.

3Drew Stafford Re-signs Empty Re: Drew Stafford Re-signs Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:51 pm

asq2 wrote:This guy was supposed to be the bee's knees per Buffalo fans. Everyone's waiting on him to realize his potential, although 20 goals is pretty respectable.

KK, wait. 20 goals is pretty respectable at 2 mil, but isnt respectable at 3? How can you say that about Staford and then trash Cheechoo like that?

No question which player I would rather have at this point in time.

4Drew Stafford Re-signs Empty Re: Drew Stafford Re-signs Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:59 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

age is a factor

5Drew Stafford Re-signs Empty Re: Drew Stafford Re-signs Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:02 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
asq2 wrote:This guy was supposed to be the bee's knees per Buffalo fans. Everyone's waiting on him to realize his potential, although 20 goals is pretty respectable.

KK, wait. 20 goals is pretty respectable at 2 mil, but isnt respectable at 3? How can you say that about Staford and then trash Cheechoo like that?

A) When did I ever say 20 goals wasn't respectable at $3 million?

B) Cheechoo actually has to score the 20 goals.

C) Stafford's 6 years younger.

6Drew Stafford Re-signs Empty Re: Drew Stafford Re-signs Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:52 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:
N4L wrote:

You said:
asq2 wrote:
25-30 is a large amount of hope, IMO.

If he pots 20, we should be ecstatic.

Being ecstatic about something is not too far out of line with saying it's respectable. Although if you account for the context, you were actually being sarcastic.

asq2 wrote:

He will. I'm sure you'll find no shortage of people willing to take that bet.

asq2 wrote:

Can't argue with that.

7Drew Stafford Re-signs Empty Re: Drew Stafford Re-signs Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:01 am

asq2 wrote:
N4L wrote:

How many years has Cheechoo missed the 20 goal mark? He is basically a garentee to score 20 if there ever was one in the NHL. If Stafford pots 30 goals people will be shocked, if Cheechoo pots 30 people will say "not surprised, he's done it before".

Fact of the matter is if you think this is a good signing for 2 years at 2 mil, then grabbing a guy who is almost automatic for 20 at 3 mil for the next 2 is a decnet npick up as well. The guy had an off year last year coming back from an injury it a tougher conferance with a new coach. Everything went against Cheechoo last year whether it was his fault or not. Even then, he was 100% The Sharks most dangerous player in the playoffs and he is always dangerous and productive in the playoffs. His character shows up every game whether he produces or not which says a lot about the type of player we are getting back.

8Drew Stafford Re-signs Empty Re: Drew Stafford Re-signs Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:17 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I won't be surprised if Stafford gets to the 30 goal mark in the next 2 years. I think he's got a lot of untapped potential, though I could say the same for someone like Vermette, who will likely (IMO) hit 30 this year.

9Drew Stafford Re-signs Empty Re: Drew Stafford Re-signs Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:09 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, to be fair, Cheechoo had a goal and an assist in 6 games. Mind you, he had 2 points in half the ice time that Marleau had while compiling 3 points, but no-one is going to say that Marleau had a good playoffs.

That said, in his last 10 games of the regular season Cheechoo had 7 points, so that, along with playing top-six minutes with more talented linemates, gives me cause for optimism.

10Drew Stafford Re-signs Empty Re: Drew Stafford Re-signs Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:11 am

Can't look at the stats in terms of last years playoffs with Cheechoo. He was noticable every time he was on the ice and scored maybe the most beautiful goal of the entire playoffs last year.

If Cheechoo gets to the 25-25-50 mark, that's more then enough.

11Drew Stafford Re-signs Empty Re: Drew Stafford Re-signs Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:39 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
asq2 wrote:A) When did I ever say 20 goals wasn't respectable at $3 million?

You said:
asq2 wrote:
25-30 is a large amount of hope, IMO.

If he pots 20, we should be ecstatic.

Being ecstatic about something is not too far out of line with saying it's respectable. Although if you account for the context, you were actually being sarcastic.

I don't follow.

That comment was more directed at whether or not he'd score 20, not whether 20 goals is worth $3 million.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum