GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The whites of his eyes...

+5
SeawaySensFan
Jordo
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
shabbs
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The whites of his eyes... Empty The whites of his eyes... Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:14 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, Clouston should have a chance to see the whites of Heatley's eyes very soon, if not already. The next couple of days could prove to be very interesting for the Sens and may go a long way in defining how this season will go. Can Heatley walk in, make amends and not be a distraction? I doubt Heatley is too concerned about making amends with the fans, and to be honest, I don't really care at this point. I think I'm more worried about the potential impact he'll have on our team if they don't "sort things out" and put it all behind them. They need to focus together on the main goal going forward - and that's winning hockey games.

Hopefully, this isn't a disaster.

2The whites of his eyes... Empty Re: The whites of his eyes... Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Let the (gong) show begin.

3The whites of his eyes... Empty Re: The whites of his eyes... Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:22 pm

Tomorrow is gonna be a circus.

4The whites of his eyes... Empty Re: The whites of his eyes... Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:25 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Every game that Heatley plays for the Sens will be a circus. I agree with what was said on the Team 1200 yesterday (I forget who said it). Heatley's team mates will get tired of the questions at least as much or more than Heatley himself. That alone could cause issues in the dressing room and on the ice.

- Unknown Author

5The whites of his eyes... Empty Re: The whites of his eyes... Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:26 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I wonder who he's paired with.

6The whites of his eyes... Empty Re: The whites of his eyes... Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:26 pm

Winning will stop a lot of the questions.

7The whites of his eyes... Empty Re: The whites of his eyes... Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:28 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:Winning will stop a lot of the questions.
I agree... if Heatley wants to shut the media up... he should just put his head down, buy into the system, do as he's told, play his Donkey off and stuff the opponent's net full of pucks.

8The whites of his eyes... Empty Re: The whites of his eyes... Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Let the (gong) show begin.

Agreed.

The whites of his eyes... Gongsh10

9The whites of his eyes... Empty Re: The whites of his eyes... Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:31 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

How weird are you all going to feel cheering for him when he scores? I was thinking about that the other day, it's going to be bittersweet every single time. I'll want to boo and cheer at the same time...very odd.

10The whites of his eyes... Empty Re: The whites of his eyes... Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:34 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:Tomorrow is gonna be a circus.

Indeed.

The whites of his eyes... 16605c10

11The whites of his eyes... Empty Re: The whites of his eyes... Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:34 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:How weird are you all going to feel cheering for him when he scores? I was thinking about that the other day, it's going to be bittersweet every single time. I'll want to boo and cheer at the same time...very odd.
The boos will go as the team goes... I think at the start, the boos will be plenty... but if the team starts winning and performing... the boos will trail off... if the team starts to suck and heads into a death spiral... the boos will reign down on Heatley like atomic bombs.

12The whites of his eyes... Empty Re: The whites of his eyes... Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:38 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:How weird are you all going to feel cheering for him when he scores? I was thinking about that the other day, it's going to be bittersweet every single time. I'll want to boo and cheer at the same time...very odd.
The boos will go as the team goes... I think at the start, the boos will be plenty... but if the team starts winning and performing... the boos will trail off... if the team starts to suck and heads into a death spiral... the boos will reign down on Heatley like atomic bombs.

I would imagine that if we suck he will take the brunt of it for sure. I'm still going to feel weird when he scores though, especially if he does it all on his own, no assists. I won't really know how to react, of course my initial reaction when we score is to jump up and go nuts, but if it's him...I don't know.

13The whites of his eyes... Empty Re: The whites of his eyes... Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:44 pm

You can always take my suggestion...do nothing.

I posted this scenario once before...

Heatley rips a shot over the should of Dipietro in the first game...crowd starts to cheer then realizes who scored and dead silence falls over the crowd.

Nothing...just silence, no boos, no jeers, just silence. No "The Heat is On" being played, nothing.

Stu announces the goal as he would a visiting teams goal, and once the puck is dropped the crowd then cheers again.

Won't happen, but would send a great big message.

14The whites of his eyes... Empty Re: The whites of his eyes... Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:10 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I can't remember who posted it, but the bottom line was this: if Heatley scores, you cheer. Not for Dany, for the Sens. You don't have to like the guy, but if he performs for the team, and the team performs around him, cheer.

15The whites of his eyes... Empty Re: The whites of his eyes... Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:21 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

It will be interesting to see if management decides to allow him to show up for the season ticket holder party on Sunday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum