GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy Birthday GMHockey!!!

+9
Cap'n Clutch
Tuk Tuk
Hockeyhero22000
smash88
wprager
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
shabbs
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Empty Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

One year ago...wow, that's hard to imagine, but alas, it was 365 days ago today that GMHockey was born. A flurry of e-mails, a ton of details to iron out - and then we were born. Why?

Well there's several reasons why we did it. First, at Hockeybuzz we were starting to post on the same single thread over and over again. News would come up and we'd add to the already thousands of posts. Was it that big a deal? Not really, but at the same time, we're hockey crazy here, so we needed updates daily, not once in a while. It was hard to imagine that we could start our own site, but there were 4 of us who were getting to the stage where it was worth a try. Jamvan, Cronie, Clutch and myself all wondered if this would take off, if we could maintain it, if we could draw the best posters here and have them become a permanent part of the community.

The answer was yes. The posters and members here have proudly made this site their own - and it brings a joy to us that cannot be described. There are those of you who fought for this site when the membership wasn't growing, who proudly told people of this 'new' place to check out. And quickly it became the place. I don't know when that happened, but it did.

"Hockey management are watching us. Players are definitely watching and reading". I remember getting this PM and thinking, why would they? But as time went on and the membership got stronger and stronger, I started to think, why wouldn't they, this is a prime opportunity to get some amazing depth of hockey knowledge - free!

So, it with joy that I pronounce a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY to GMHockey and to extend to all of you the happiness that this site has brought me personally - and the other founders. Without you all, this would be nothing - it wouldn't even exist, and I care for this site more than most other things in the world outside of family.

It's a happy honour to continue our rise to the forefront of hockey websites. And to that I say a resounding CHEERS!

Cheers

:%%:

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Empty Re: Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:06 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Happy Birthday indeed! Ahhhh yeah, the early days of recruiting HBuzz'ers via PMs and what not, planting suggestive messages everywhere... good times, good times.

This place certainly has grown tremendously and it will only get bigger and better from here on in. You can book it.

Congrats to gmhockey.com and job well done by the owners as well as all members... after all, it's the content that counts.

CHEERS!

3Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Empty Re: Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:07 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Happy Birthday GM Hockey!!! Cheering Cheering

I am very proud to be a member and look forward to the upcoming season to talk more hockey!!

Cheers

4Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Empty Re: Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:11 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and many more! :%%:

5Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Empty Re: Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Geez, one year old and *still* not sleeping through the night.

6Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Empty Re: Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:17 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Very nice indeed! Glad to be a member here... This site will keep growing and growing...

I'll crack one open for GMhockey! :####:

7Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Empty Re: Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:19 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Cheering :^^: :$$$$: :GHF: DancingBanana woooo GM Hockey

8Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Empty Re: Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:24 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

hopefully we just keep growing :___:

9Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Empty Re: Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:33 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Geez, one year old and *still* not sleeping through the night.

No but, we did have a couple growth spurts already Smile

- Unknown Author

10Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Empty Re: Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:36 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I remember when I would come on here and there was always something I didn't like - be it the colour or the layout, the banner and on and on. I always enjoyed and continue to enjoy the content of the site though. It's nice to have gotten it to a state that needs very little tweaking in terms of esthetics. There are a few things in terms of functionality I'd like to see changed but those may have to wait until we are free of forumotion.

- Unknown Author

11Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Empty Re: Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:42 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

HA! I remember when the theme of the board would change every friggin' minute... I'd start a post and by the time I posted it, the board had changed colours, or font type... heh heh. Too funny.

12Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Empty Re: Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:45 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:HA! I remember when the theme of the board would change every friggin' minute... I'd start a post and by the time I posted it, the board had changed colours, or font type... heh heh. Too funny.

Yeah. I was experimenting a lot back then. Some were disastrously awful attempts at improvements and others were just annoying.

- Unknown Author

13Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Empty Re: Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:57 pm

Happy B-Day.

I forget how I found this site, but I am glad I did. The knowledge and generally positive attitude of posters is something that is both a rarity and a blessing. Love the ignore feature as well. Wink

Congrats to all who had a vision.

14Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Empty Re: Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:52 am

shabbs wrote:HA! I remember when the theme of the board would change every friggin' minute... I'd start a post and by the time I posted it, the board had changed colours, or font type... heh heh. Too funny.

My "favorite" part was the dozens upon dozens of different threads there were, before it was streamlined. I remember starting a thread to complain about it. :^^^^:

15Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Empty Re: Happy Birthday GMHockey!!! Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:10 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Congrats to everybody. I'm in my 8th month here I think, and this has been the best hing that could have happened hockey-news wise. I can't believe I wasted one year on that ridiculous facebook group Facepalm .

I also remember the first days here, signing for the sim and didn't know anything about prospects :^^^^:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum