GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda

+4
wprager
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
rooneypoo
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Empty P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:07 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

The translation's brutal, but you get the picture:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.frolundaindians.com%2Fsv%2Ffrolunda%2Fnyheter%2Fa-laget%2Fpebben-axelsson-tillbaka-till-frolunda-%2F&sl=sv&tl=en&history_state0=

At least we can put those silly "Axelsson to OTT" rumours to bed...

2P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Empty Re: P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:10 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Great now we can move onto the Sillinger rumours. LOL.

- Unknown Author

3P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Empty Re: P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:15 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Phew.

4P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Empty Re: P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:08 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is great news. Not the part about Sillinger, though. Shame on you, Clutchie. You should ave at least let me enjoy the peace for a few moments.

5P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Empty Re: P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:21 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nothing wrong with Sillinger. Mind you, I think we're at that point where some NHL-ready prospects are being held down because of all the NHL bodies we already have.

6P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Empty Re: P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:23 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We can't afford to bring anyone on right now when we're trying to figure out a way to fit Marleau's extension into the cap right? Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

7P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Empty Re: P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:35 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:We can't afford to bring anyone on right now when we're trying to figure out a way to fit Marleau's extension into the cap right? Sarcasm

10 years, 45 million. That'll fit him into the cap real easy. cool)

Shame about Axelsson, I thought he'd sign on with an NHL team - unless he did this on his own terms. Then good for him I guess.

8P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Empty Re: P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:33 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:We can't afford to bring anyone on right now when we're trying to figure out a way to fit Marleau's extension into the cap right? Sarcasm

Shame about Axelsson, I thought he'd sign on with an NHL team - unless he did this on his own terms. Then good for him I guess.

IMHO : Incredibly bad idea.

9P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Empty Re: P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:35 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I can't see why we couldn't get him around that number for 7 years. Shrug

10P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Empty Re: P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:55 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:Nothing wrong with Sillinger. Mind you, I think we're at that point where some NHL-ready prospects are being held down because of all the NHL bodies we already have.

But the Sillinger tour has already made its stop in Ottawa - wouldn't you expect it to go somewhere new?
(11 or so teams so far, why stop now?)

11P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Empty Re: P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:01 am

Marleau may not waive to come here.

It's funny to see how wide the difference of opinions on this guy are. I wouldn't touch him with a 12 foot pole. $6.3 million for him is ridiculous. That's getting close to superstar money, and Marleau isn't. 3 of 11 seasons were he got to (or close to) a PPG. The rest are very average. This guy's contract is worse than Fishers.

12P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Empty Re: P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:03 am

Acrobat wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Nothing wrong with Sillinger. Mind you, I think we're at that point where some NHL-ready prospects are being held down because of all the NHL bodies we already have.

But the Sillinger tour has already made its stop in Ottawa - wouldn't you expect it to go somewhere new?

If memory serves, he's made at had 2 tours with a team at least once. He's great on the draw though. Never hurts to have a good FO guy, but not at the expense of a guy like Regin.

13P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Empty Re: P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:08 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Zoolander wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

If memory serves, he's made at had 2 tours with a team at least once. He's great on the draw though. Never hurts to have a good FO guy, but not at the expense of a guy like Regin.

If that's all you want, we can go look for Yannic Perreault (can he move without a cane still?)

From a practical standpoint, Spezza should be able to turn into the face-off go-to guy for Ottawa - he has quick hands, and great vision, and he's relatively big and strong.

14P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Empty Re: P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:10 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:

Really? Marleau is a phenomenal player. He's a left-handed Alfredsson. Slick wrist shot, speed to burn, great PKer. A well rounded player. If he gets to 38 and retires, he's off the books.

I'm a big Marleau fan, seeing him on a line with Alfie would be really neat. A line of Marleau - Fisher - Alfredsson has a really crazy 2-way potential to it.

15P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Empty Re: P. J. Axelsson signs with Frolunda Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:12 am

Acrobat wrote:
Zoolander wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

If that's all you want, we can go look for Yannic Perreault (can he move without a cane still?)

From a practical standpoint, Spezza should be able to turn into the face-off go-to guy for Ottawa - he has quick hands, and great vision, and he's relatively big and strong.

I never said I wanted Sillinger. I was simply pointing out that he was valauble because of his prowess in the FO circle.

Spezza? After 6 seasons, he should have come around by now imo. I'm not saying he's absolutely terrible, but for a guy who takes the percentage of the teams draws that he does, I'd like a like more consistent winning percentage.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum