GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vancouver - Are they better or worse?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Vancouver - Are they better or worse? Empty Vancouver - Are they better or worse? Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:05 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I personally would think that at this point you'd have to think that they are currently worse off, on PAPER, than last year but, If I'm remembering correctly Vancouver suffered through a lot of injuries on the backend and as far as losing Naslund goes I'm not so sure he was adding much to the team last season anyway. I do like the Demitra signing and the trade for Pettinger - though they were not big moves they should help and coupled with a healthy Defense it should be an improvement over last season. Whether they're a playoff team or not will depend heavily on the Sedin twins as well as Demitra and Kesler at this point. I do believe another top six will go a long way to improving this club and with the D they have they should be able to make a trade. Perhaps the stories of their new GM having issues getting along with other GMs has some truth to it? Hopefully vancanuck1 can shed some light on the situation and give us his take as well?

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well when I said another top six forward would help I had no idea it was going to be Sundin! That makes a huge difference and with the Flames fizzling out the 'Nucks could find themselves 3rd overall and in a pretty nice playoff position to boot.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They're finally healthy and the Sedins are playing excellent hockey. Burrows and Kesler are stellar and adding Sundin was awesome.

Luongo? No one's better.

Game on for the Canucks. Who woulda thunk it?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Canucks are for real. Trust me.

Best goalie in the NHL right now, tight, physical defense, and dangerous attack.

Sedin Squared, Kesler and Burrows can bury you.

There are vulnerabilities--their defense down low can be exploited--but easier said than done.

I expect them to pass the Flames and win the Northeast Division.

5Vancouver - Are they better or worse? Empty Re: Vancouver - Are they better or worse? Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:41 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well they are currently ahead of the Flames and hold 3rd overall as of Today. They are getting hot at the right time and will definitely do some damage this post season.

- Unknown Author

6Vancouver - Are they better or worse? Empty Re: Vancouver - Are they better or worse? Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:52 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Well they are currently ahead of the Flames and hold 3rd overall as of Today. They are getting hot at the right time and will definitely do some damage this post season.

Especially if Luongo continues to be LuZilla.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum