GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Goalies for Free? Sanford signs in Montreal/Hamilton for nothing

+7
Tuk Tuk
shabbs
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
SensFan71
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://twitter.com/andystrickland/status/2743453433

Presumably for Hamilton. Marc Denis isn't there anymore I don't think.

Wow...no market for goalies.

When you're playing in Switzerland Gerber, can you pick me up some cheese? Thanks. :h:

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wow that is pretty bad for a guy that was Lu's backup, makes you think they (the Nucks) could have pulled the same deal and then wouldn't have to sign Crapcroft.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

2-way deal, so yeah, minors for sure.

If Price plays strong early in the year, this move gives MTL some freedom to consider moving Halak, if they needed help at a position and wanted a strong return.

Could be the first "domino." Smile

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:2-way deal, so yeah, minors for sure.

If Price plays strong early in the year, this move gives MTL some freedom to consider moving Halak, if they needed help at a position and wanted a strong return.

not you tooooo, curse Ek with his domino term which made SSF let it run rampant. 🇬🇬

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Remember when the i-Phone came out and was still relatively scarce and Eklund would drop in references to his i-Phone... That was funny.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

completely agree... i don't think gainey is done for the year. but everyone is closing in on the cap.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh.

Ek is calling this a domino...

Boggles the mind.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

This is the move necessary to get Lecavalier. Bank on it. Sarcasm

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

SensFan71 wrote:wow that is pretty bad for a guy that was Lu's backup, makes you think they (the Nucks) could have pulled the same deal and then wouldn't have to sign Crapcroft.

He was only Lou's backup for part of the year. They waived him or sent him to the minors part way through the season.

shabbs wrote:

Heh.

Ek is calling this a domino...

Boggles the mind.

No more or less mind boggling than most of what he says. Except the bit about Richard Park being a "good young player". That's truly his greatest.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:http://twitter.com/andystrickland/status/2743453433

Presumably for Hamilton. Marc Denis isn't there anymore I don't think.

Wow...no market for goalies.

When you're playing in Switzerland Gerber, can you pick me up some cheese? Thanks. :h:

No market for goalies??? I would argue the opposite since, with the acquisition of Biron, it appears that the Islanders are going to ice 5 goalies and Tavares every game. Really, it's getting ridiculous. DiPietro, Rolly, and Biron.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah really. The Islanders are keeping the goalie market afloat.

But seriously...Marty Biron gets 1.4 million dollars on a one year deal. Unreal. What was Philly offering? What were they thinking? They could've had a tidy tandem of Biron and Emery for 1 million more than what they'll have to pay in the end for a run of the mill backup. Odd.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah really. The Islanders are keeping the goalie market afloat.

But seriously...Marty Biron gets 1.4 million dollars on a one year deal. Unreal. What was Philly offering? What were they thinking? They could've had a tidy tandem of Biron and Emery for 1 million more than what they'll have to pay in the end for a run of the mill backup. Odd.

My initial thought would be that Biron was upset that he wouldn't get the starting job in Philly with Emery there. Of course, with DiPietro and Rolly in NY, that theory goes out the window. Perhaps Philly didn't table an offer? Perhaps Philly tabled a similar offer but Biron turned it down because he or his agent overvalued his ability to sign elsewhere? Who knows, but you're right, very odd.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Do we even know that Philly offered anything? When they went out and got Emery, to me that meant bye-bye Biron.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Do we even know that Philly offered anything? When they went out and got Emery, to me that meant bye-bye Biron.
The word on the Philly boards is no offer was even extended.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum