GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spectator killed a the Tour de France

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Spectator killed a the Tour de France Empty Spectator killed a the Tour de France Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SPORT/07/18/tour.france.armstrong.hincapie.death/

A 61 year-old woman died after being hit by a police motorcycle. Two others were taken to hospital.

P.S. There is no Cycling forum in the Other Sports section.

2Spectator killed a the Tour de France Empty Re: Spectator killed a the Tour de France Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Spectator killed a the Tour de France 278673_resize

3Spectator killed a the Tour de France Empty Re: Spectator killed a the Tour de France Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow...what the heck...

4Spectator killed a the Tour de France Empty Re: Spectator killed a the Tour de France Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The picture is from RDS.ca. CNN.com did not have the stomach to post it, they ran with a pic of just the racers.

5Spectator killed a the Tour de France Empty Re: Spectator killed a the Tour de France Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:56 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:The picture is from RDS.ca. CNN.com did not have the stomach to post it, they ran with a pic of just the racers.
RDS did not need to publish that shot... un-necessary. Shame on them.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Armstrong goes from 4th to 2nd after stage 15, but is now 1:37 behind the lead.
http://www.cbssports.com/cycling/story/11969172

Contador (a team mate of Armstrong) is wearing the yellow jersey.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Get her done Lance... I would love for him to win.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

caissie_1 wrote:Get her done Lance... I would love for him to win.

From that article I linked it sounds like Lance is not going to go against Contador, and Contador also believes that his team (including Armstrong) now sees him as their strongest member.

Still, there are six stages left and a lot can happen, even if he;s 1:37 behind.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Yeh he probably wont... Wich is unfortunate but it's the way it goes..

10Spectator killed a the Tour de France Empty Re: Spectator killed a the Tour de France Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:56 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

caissie_1 wrote:Get her done Lance... I would love for him to win.
The French would be so mad, again! Heh heh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum