GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Burketionary

+3
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16The Burketionary - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burketionary Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:50 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Burketation -- (noun) a dictatory trade technique patented by Brian Burke (according to scrotumnosers worldwide), whereby the said Burke simply demands your player and, through sheer force of his awesome will, compels you to give him up regardless of the return.

-- (verb) to Burketate, Burketating, etc. Derived from dictator, dictation, intimidation.

17The Burketionary - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burketionary Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:55 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:Burketation -- (noun) a dictatory trade technique patented by Brian Burke (according to scrotumnosers worldwide), whereby the said Burke simply demands your player and, through sheer force of his awesome will, compels you to give him up regardless of the return.

-- (verb) to Burketate, Burketating, etc. Derived from dictator, dictation, intimidation.

sounds incredibly more terrifying than the Force used by Jedi's worldwide, rather take my chances against the Dark Side rather than Burke.

18The Burketionary - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burketionary Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:59 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Burkatory Rape -- (noun) the act of pillaging your prospect farm while garnering the reputation for being a great GM.

Not to be confused with

Burkenation -- (noun) the act of walking into a deep team and prospect farm built up for you by someone else, and then taking all the credit for building a Stanley Cup winning team.

19The Burketionary - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burketionary Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:04 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Can we come up with a few more Terms that don't start with the word Burke?

Come on Rooney you are an english major Smile

- Unknown Author

20The Burketionary - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burketionary Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:14 am

Omnimpotent - Believed to have great power and authority, but in reality having very little to none.

21The Burketionary - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burketionary Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:03 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Can we come up with a few more Terms that don't start with the word Burke?

Dude... you called it the Burketionary! :^^^^:

22The Burketionary - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burketionary Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:06 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Can we come up with a few more Terms that don't start with the word Burke?

Because it's a Dictionary of Terms describing Burke and Burke-isms.

Kind of like the Becktionary from Futurama.

- Unknown Author

23The Burketionary - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burketionary Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:09 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Because it's a Dictionary of Terms describing Burke and Burke-isms.

Kind of like the Becktionary from Futurama.

hey now, enough of the quibbling, we need to get this going and get it in print, like I said earlier, Leaf fans would gobble this Dung up for $50 bucks a Burketionary, that is incredible instant funding.

24The Burketionary - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burketionary Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:16 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey I could add these to T-shirts for the online store.

We could have the Talk is Cheap campaign shirts in there as well. Smile

- Unknown Author

25The Burketionary - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burketionary Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:20 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Hey I could add these to T-shirts for the online store.

We could have the Talk is Cheap campaign shirts in there as well. Smile

they both would be a marketing dream, what an influx of cash you would be seeing then.

26The Burketionary - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burketionary Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:48 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Super-inflated: how Burke views the values of his assets.

27The Burketionary - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burketionary Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Burkefired: When Burke tries to weasel a small trade from another GM by threatening to draft a player he thinks the other GM wants, only to find out later that he missed out on getting a Pronger-like towering defenseman.

28The Burketionary - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burketionary Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:01 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Burkefired: When Burke tries to weasel a small trade from another GM by threatening to draft a player he thinks the other GM wants, only to find out later that he missed out on getting a Pronger-like towering defenseman.

Burke got Murray-ed.

Burke wants to be like Murray, but can't.

29The Burketionary - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burketionary Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:44 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Burke-blabber: Doing a lot of talking while actually saying nothing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum