GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver

+3
LeCaptain
davetherave
PKC
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Empty Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:24 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Per TSN.

5 years/$6.1-million per season each.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283415

I think this is a good signing. Just about $6 million per player for 80+ points per season and good two-way hockey...not bad at all.

2Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Empty Re: Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:28 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

One big package off the market...

3Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Empty Re: Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:40 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

That's what I call an awesome signing.
Now Vancouver's core is pretty much signed, and Cody is coming soon. Watch out.

4Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Empty Re: Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:57 am

A quick Hoss, Hav, and Gabo signing and there could be a couple desperate teams looking closer at Heatley.

5Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Empty Re: Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not bad, but hardly what I'd call a home-town discount. Remember, Burke had to trade up to sign these guys together, and they want to continue playing together. If I was a GM I would not want both of them at $6.1. Perhaps $6M for one but $5M for the other (I forget, which one scores more goals?) Actually, strike that, I think taken separately they aren't worth more than $5M each. Is either one of them a better player than Hossa?

Anyway, I've just got begative bias against them, never liked them, never will, but I'm glad they're out of the way so the dominoes can continue swirling.

6Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Empty Re: Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:01 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Not bad, but hardly what I'd call a home-town discount. Remember, Burke had to trade up to sign these guys together, and they want to continue playing together. If I was a GM I would not want both of them at $6.1. Perhaps $6M for one but $5M for the other (I forget, which one scores more goals?) Actually, strike that, I think taken separately they aren't worth more than $5M each. Is either one of them a better player than Hossa?

Anyway, I've just got begative bias against them, never liked them, never will, but I'm glad they're out of the way so the dominoes can continue swirling.

Those damn dominoes again...

7Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Empty Re: Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:36 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Not bad, but hardly what I'd call a home-town discount. Remember, Burke had to trade up to sign these guys together, and they want to continue playing together. If I was a GM I would not want both of them at $6.1. Perhaps $6M for one but $5M for the other (I forget, which one scores more goals?) Actually, strike that, I think taken separately they aren't worth more than $5M each. Is either one of them a better player than Hossa?

They are worth more than 6 each. Just saying.

8Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Empty Re: Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:50 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

cas wrote:A quick Hoss, Hav, and Gabo signing and there could be a couple desperate teams looking closer at Heatley.

But if all the forwards are off the market, that means we can't sign them either.

9Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Empty Re: Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:19 pm

asq2 wrote:
cas wrote:A quick Hoss, Hav, and Gabo signing and there could be a couple desperate teams looking closer at Heatley.

But if all the forwards are off the market, that means we can't sign them either.

uhhh... we don't want to sign a big name, high priced FA like those guys... What the hell is the logic in fixing our cap situation and screwing it right back up again, in the same day?

10Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Empty Re: Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:22 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

True.

This way we save money by cutting Heatley's salary and the goal announcer's Fisherman's Friends budget.

11Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Empty Re: Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:22 pm

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

cas wrote:
asq2 wrote:

uhhh... we don't want to sign a big name, high priced FA like those guys... What the hell is the logic in fixing our cap situation and screwing it right back up again, in the same day?

Exactly. The Sens need to replace Heatley with smaller pieces. Next season they can see how Lee, Campoli and Picard develop and trade whomever to make room for Cowen and Karlson.

12Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Empty Re: Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:23 pm

We need some cheap talent. We waste so much cap on guys like Ruttu, Kelly, etc..

13Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Empty Re: Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:24 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:We need some cheap talent. We waste so much cap on guys like Ruttu, Kelly, etc..

Agreed. Unfortunately, our prospect-strength is slanted quite heavily away from forward at the moment.

I can see Peter Regin making a nice impact next season though.

14Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Empty Re: Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:26 pm

I was hoping for a high end forward prospect in the Heatley trade, 1st or 2nd year of their entry level contract, even if it meant another contract coming back. Right now I'd settle for Alex Frolov and "the head of Alfredo Garcia"

15Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Empty Re: Sedins sign extensions in Vancouver Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:30 pm

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

RobbyJ wrote:I was hoping for a high end forward prospect in the Heatley trade, 1st or 2nd year of their entry level contract, even if it meant another contract coming back. Right now I'd settle for Alex Frolov and "the head of Alfredo Garcia"

I'll settle for Heatley's head on a pike in the middle of the big sens logo in front of scotia bank place.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum