GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heatley for Phaneuf: per Sportsnet's Mark Spector

+15
Sens4thecup
wprager
PKC
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
dennycrane
Vandelay
pgood
TheAvatar
COLLAR UP
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
BigRig
SeawaySensFan
Jordo
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Spector's saying that once the Flames sign J-Bo, they'll be flipping Dion for Heatley.

Kinda makes alot of sense.

Thoughts?

Helllooooooo Elisha.

Fine.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I predicted this awhile ago. The thing is Phaneuf isn't the same. Every time he closes his eyes he sees Avery pumping his lady and smiling at him with a thumbs up.

That's gotta mess you up.

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

Jordo wrote:Spector's saying that once the Flames sign J-Bo, they'll be flipping Dion for Heatley.

Kinda makes alot of sense.

Thoughts?

Helllooooooo Elisha.

Saw that....I would think if that happens, we're sending Lee, picard, campoli, or another Dman with him. If I'm a betting man, the Heatley trade happens July 1st in the morning as we're on the hook for the 4M.
I guarantee a deal has already been put in place and the trigger gets pulled by 10am tomorrow so that both teams involved have time to hit the free agent market with their budget in hand.

I'm not pretending to know where he's going and for whom but it's the logical thing to do for BOTH GM's, no?

At this point, my wishlist is very simple....bring back a top 4 dman or top 6 forward.

I'd even consider Regher instead of Phaneuf as I love the idea of signing knuble so hopefully the cap hit's not too high coming back.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I read that article on Sportsnet and I didn't post it because it was more of a musing than a rumour with sources. I have said before that I like that idea and it does make sense depending on how you look at it. He also shoots holes through it in the same article pointing to reasons why it wouldn't happen as well.

- Unknown Author

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:I predicted this awhile ago. The thing is Phaneuf isn't the same. Every time he closes his eyes he sees Avery pumping his lady and smiling at him with a thumbs up.

Oh God, I just about spit coffee on my keyboard! :^^^^: Dude, that's hilarious.

That having been said, if it was doable, I'd take Dion for Heatley at this point

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

It's kinda weird I saw it, because yesterday I was hearing strong rumours that Heatley was going to St. Louis. I can't figure out why Heatley would want to go to St. Louis, nor what they would give up for him, but this Jay McKee buyout that happened later in the day added a bit of fire to that smoke.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah I noticed that Mckee was bought out too. He sure fell hard eh? Key component to the Sabres run to the Conference finals, signs a big money deal with the Blues, continues with injury issues and now this.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

beedub wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I predicted this awhile ago. The thing is Phaneuf isn't the same. Every time he closes his eyes he sees Avery pumping his lady and smiling at him with a thumbs up.

Oh God, I just about spit coffee on my keyboard! :^^^^: Dude, that's hilarious.

That having been said, if it was doable, I'd take Dion for Heatley at this point

It's funny because it's true. Just look at Phaneuf. Where there was once a look of menace and defiance there is only a look of pain and shame... Laughing3

He'd get to kill him 4 times a year in Ottawa !!

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

I'd take Phaneuf anyday...

Last year was a "bad" year that saw him accumulate 47 points...

The 2 years previous were 60 and 50...add his size and the fact that he lands punishing hits...and bam...Ottawa's defence looks amazing for years to come...

with the 1 mil saved...and hopefully a little more off the books...BMurray will be able to acquire a top-6 guy via UFA...Knuble would certainly be a nice fit...

I would think though that BMurray would be looking for something else too as Knuble will only bring in 40-50 points...we need another 40-50 from somwhere...(although Phaneuf should provide some meuch needed support)...

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Just throwing this out there but anyone willing to take a chance on Afinogenov...only if the price is cheap - which it should be considering his numbers the past 2 seasons...

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Koivu would also be a nice signing...although he is likely headed to Minny to play with his brosif...

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

If that was the deal (and if the hockey gods are good to us, it'll happen early wednesday morning), it would leave just enough for Murray to play an active role in the UFA market. I think that guys like Hossa and Havlat are no longer options (if we trade 7.5M$ for 6.5M$) but I'm sure there are other top 6 forwards we can get that would help.

BTW, I didn't realise that Fa9 was so young; he's only 24.

Our D-corps would look great for a long time; unless of course, Fa9 pulls a Redden ...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't want to touch Afiniganov. He's like Havlat WITH NO FINISH. Way too frustrating for me.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum