GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Extension for Hossa?

+5
davetherave
PTFlea
wprager
PKC
shabbs
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Extension for Hossa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Extension for Hossa? Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:45 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shield4life wrote:Hossa will stay with Wings.

How Shield? How is it possible?

17Extension for Hossa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Extension for Hossa? Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:07 am

I don't think anyone should have any sympathy for Hossa, much less the Penguins who he ditched "to have the best chance to win a cup". I respect his decision to want to play for the prize, but he made his bed and he'll have to sleep in it. My guess is that he will sign somewhere else and never get back to the Finals again.

18Extension for Hossa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Extension for Hossa? Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:59 am

shield4life

Prospect
Prospect

His agent kept saying he wants to stay in Detroit and there working on a deal, so I'm not too worried about it. Anyways even if he leaves ... we couldn't care less ... use that $$$ for something else. I'm hoping we pick up Laperriere or Neil.

http://www.redwingsonline.net

19Extension for Hossa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Extension for Hossa? Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:02 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Maybe he's planning on signing a one year deal in Pittsburgh to see if he can win the cup...HI-OH!

20Extension for Hossa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Extension for Hossa? Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:53 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

I imagine there are a few Western teams, particularly those who played Red Wings in the playoffs, who would be happy to make Mr. Hossa feel quite at home.

And Mr. Hossa's contribution would definitely strenghten their mutual opportunity at a Stanley Cup.

21Extension for Hossa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Extension for Hossa? Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:52 pm

shield4life

shield4life
Prospect
Prospect

Rumors have that Niedermayer heading to Vancouver ... if Vancouver convinces Hossa to sign as well ... watch out for the 'Nucks.

http://www.redwingsonline.net

22Extension for Hossa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Extension for Hossa? Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:54 pm

shield4life wrote:Rumors have that The Niedermayer Brothers are heading to Vancouver ... if Vancouver convinces Hossa to sign as well ... watch out for the 'Nucks.

I fixed your post. They are a package deal methinks.

23Extension for Hossa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Extension for Hossa? Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:00 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shield4life wrote:Rumors have that Niedermayer heading to Vancouver ... if Vancouver convinces Hossa to sign as well ... watch out for the 'Nucks.

Rumours are commonplace fabrications for hockey writers who would rather report hearsay than do any real research.

24Extension for Hossa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Extension for Hossa? Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:10 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

shield4life wrote:Rumors have that Niedermayer heading to Vancouver ... if Vancouver convinces Hossa to sign as well ... watch out for the 'Nucks.

With what cap space?

Last I checked, they had holes ALL over their lineup, not much secondary scoring, and that doesn't take into account the Sedin twins needing to be re-signed. They don't have a backup goaltender signed as of yet, they don't have a number one defenseman.

To sign the Sedin twins, Niedermayer and Hossa would require at least $22 million. Which puts them over the cap with four roster positions to fill to go....it's impossible. Unless someone decides to play for free.

25Extension for Hossa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Extension for Hossa? Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:15 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i honestly wouldnt mind getting him back on the sens he was a favourite player before he was traded and he is versitile kills penalties and can score smooth skater and can be counted on in defensive times but i would want a deal some thing like franzen got and avg of 4 -5 over a long term

26Extension for Hossa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Extension for Hossa? Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:37 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:i honestly wouldnt mind getting him back on the sens he was a favourite player before he was traded and he is versitile kills penalties and can score smooth skater and can be counted on in defensive times but i would want a deal some thing like franzen got and avg of 4 -5 over a long term

Not going to be possible. We are going to be competing for his services with teams that aren't going to get Heatley in a trade. And as far as I'm concerned...I'd rather spend that money on Jay Bouwmeester than Marian Hossa.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum