GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vancouver 2010 - Yzerman focuses attention on coaching staff

+2
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yzerman looks to be approaching the assembly of this team in the right way and is saying all the right things IMO.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/newsid=11086.html?cid=rsstsn

- Unknown Author

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Yzerman will definitely impress with this run at putting the team together, the coaching personnell may be the easy part of the process, look at the goalie names they have to consider, Brodeur, Luongo, Ward, Fleury, I don't like Osgood's name being mentioned, but he has won when it counts.

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

He has a lot of tough decisions to make and a lot of pressure on him from the entire country. But he also gets to do in real life what so many of us like do in fantasy pools.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mojo wrote:He has a lot of tough decisions to make and a lot of pressure on him from the entire country. But he also gets to do in real life what so many of us like do in fantasy pools.

Very high expectations to live up to. Anything less than Gold will be viewed as a complete failure. With the number of high end players that will be left off this roster there'll be plenty of second guessing going on.

- Unknown Author

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Mojo wrote:He has a lot of tough decisions to make and a lot of pressure on him from the entire country. But he also gets to do in real life what so many of us like do in fantasy pools.

Very high expectations to live up to. Anything less than Gold will be viewed as a complete failure. With the number of high end players that will be left off this roster there'll be plenty of second guessing going on.

Absolutely, it's gold or bust for Yzerman. Canada could easily ice two very competitive teams with all of the surplus talent we have.

shield4life

shield4life
Prospect
Prospect

Experienced as Stevie is, he spent under Holland and has on and off ice experience. I'm sure his going to do a good job. I could assure you it'll be much better then Gretzky.

http://www.redwingsonline.net

Wang is the coach. No debate.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neely4Life wrote:Wang is the coach. No debate.
Wang! I love it.

I assume you mean Hitchcock.

Babcok will be the coach. Friggin filter.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neely4Life wrote:Babcok will be the coach. Friggin filter.
Ahhhh....

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

So both are now "Wang"?

shield4life

shield4life
Prospect
Prospect

Wang will be the coach that's for sure.

http://www.redwingsonline.net