GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly

+3
asq2
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Empty The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Tue May 12, 2009 1:08 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How will Burke get into the Top 2?...

He will trade his first rounder and... nothing more.

For... the second pick overall AND (!!!!!!) Ryan Malone AND (Double-!!!!!) another player.

As per Vanilliotte Friedman.

2The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Empty Re: The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Tue May 12, 2009 1:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:How will Burke get into the Top 2?...

For... the second pick overall AND (!!!!!!) Ryan Malone AND (Double-!!!!!) another player.

In his wet dreams he will. Not a chance. Tampa's dumb as Dung, but they won't do that.

I can see it if he takes an albatross of their hands. Clean up some of the dumb contracts they have, but does Burke really want Meszaros (I kid).

Malone will pay dividends for TB when Stamkos comes in next year with fire in his eyes. Same with Vinny and St.Louis. Add Hedman to the mix and you've got something special.

Or trade Vinny, get a beauty package back and draft Duchene.

Either way, I can't see how Toronto would get that pick?

Their 1st this year, their 1st next year, Kaberle/Kubina? That sounds like a nice start to me. Probably Tlusty as well.

3The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Empty Re: The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Tue May 12, 2009 1:13 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

What do you think of Volchenkov and our pick for Malone and theirs?

4The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Empty Re: The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Tue May 12, 2009 1:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:What do you think of Volchenkov and our pick for Malone and theirs?

Done.

5The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Empty Re: The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Tue May 12, 2009 1:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh man, I pooped my pants a little. Malone and Hedman!?

Or Duchene and we trade Spezza for more fun?

6The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Empty Re: The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Tue May 12, 2009 1:19 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

yeah I have to agree on this one too, as much as I love A-Train, Malone in a Sens jersey with that # 2 pick is pretty attractive.

7The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Empty Re: The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Tue May 12, 2009 1:19 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You just improved Tampa's end of the bargain. But we don't have a GM who's powerful brain can control Brian Lawton's brain. Which sucks.

8The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Empty Re: The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Tue May 12, 2009 1:27 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

Done.

I would think Tampa would agree to that, too. Maybe even if you swapped the A-Train with Lee (though that's pushing it).

Offensively, the Sens would look pretty solid. Alfredsson, Spezza, Heatley, Malone, Shannon, Foligno, Regin, Fisher as the top-8 forwards would get the job done.

We'd be set up front and in goal. D would be weak, though. Phillips, Kuba, Campoli, Smith, Lee, Picard, Karlsson...

Duchene would be tempting, but you'd sort of be forced to draft Hedman (how awful) for the blue-line. Unless, as you said, you keep making moves (meaning moving one of Heatley or Spezza).

9The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Empty Re: The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Tue May 12, 2009 1:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
I would think Tampa would agree to that, too. Maybe even if you swapped the A-Train with Lee (though that's pushing it).

Offensively, the Sens would look pretty solid. Alfredsson, Spezza, Heatley, Malone, Shannon, Foligno, Regin, Fisher as the top-8 forwards would get the job done.

We'd be set up front and in goal. D would be weak, though. Phillips, Kuba, Campoli, Smith, Lee, Picard, Karlsson...

Duchene would be tempting, but you'd sort of be forced to draft Hedman (how awful) for the blue-line. Unless, as you said, you keep making moves (meaning moving one of Heatley or Spezza).

Not sure if they'd listen after you said Brian Lee, but good lord that would be sweet. I think we'd have to take Hedman (boo hoo Smile ) and unite the Swedish Connection of Karlsson/Hedman. Wow, would be the makings of one of the premiere bluelines in the NHL.

I hate losing A-Train, but that's the price you have to pay for this kind of transaction.

10The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Empty Re: The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Tue May 12, 2009 1:56 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Not sure if they'd listen after you said Brian Lee, but good lord that would be sweet. I think we'd have to take Hedman (boo hoo Smile ) and unite the Swedish Connection of Karlsson/Hedman. Wow, would be the makings of one of the premiere bluelines in the NHL.

I hate losing A-Train, but that's the price you have to pay for this kind of transaction.

I also think Malone's presence would be beneficial to Foligno's development.

Goaltending and offence would be stacked.

The concern is D, though. You can look at that two ways: would we be like Carolina, or would we be like Tampa Bay?

11The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Empty Re: The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Tue May 12, 2009 2:01 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

ASQ...I do know that as you are a Wings fan, we need to get you a photo of Dats, Lids or Jonathan Ericsson for your new avatar.

12The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Empty Re: The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Tue May 12, 2009 2:15 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:

ASQ...I do know that as you are a Wings fan, we need to get you a photo of Dats, Lids or Jonathan Ericsson for your new avatar.

Heh. If I could figure out how to change Ottawa to Detroit in the Favourite Team listing, I would. :^^^^:

But the idea in regards to Karlsson is that he's a step towards implementation of a Detroit-styled, puck-possession, skilled game (or so I'd like to believe). Ahhhhh!

Same with Regin.

As far as this idea, I'm not married to it.

13The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Empty Re: The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Tue May 12, 2009 2:20 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Burke: "Hey TBay, remember all that crap salary I took from you at the trade deadline? You owe me. Time to pay up."

14The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Empty Re: The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Tue May 12, 2009 2:22 pm

shabbs wrote:

Burke: "Hey TBay, remember all that crap salary I took from you at the trade deadline? You owe me. Time to pay up."

hmmm, nothin' wrong with Ryan Malone ....

15The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Empty Re: The Genius gets Genius-er, allegedly Tue May 12, 2009 2:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Heh. If I could figure out how to change Ottawa to Detroit in the Favourite Team listing, I would. :^^^^:

But the idea in regards to Karlsson is that he's a step towards implementation of a Detroit-styled, puck-possession, skilled game (or so I'd like to believe). Ahhhhh!

Same with Regin.

As far as this idea, I'm not married to it.

I'm afraid I'll have to draw the line there. I changed your favourite team to Detroit begrudgingly, but if you change your avatar...I'm afraid I'll have to change it back.

Ahhhhh! cool)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next