GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vancouver - Canada's last hope this year

+2
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Vancouver  - Canada's last hope this year Empty Vancouver - Canada's last hope this year Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:22 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well now that the Flames are out the only Canadian team left is Vancouver. This year's version of the Canucks certainly has a strong enough team to go far and could make it to the finals this year especially after the Wings and Duck beat the hell out of each other first. Of course the Nucks need to worry about the Hawks first but this is looking like a good year to be a Nucks fan. Luongo's playoff stats are obscene, the Sedin twins are finding the back of the net and they're winning without needing their not so secret weapon in Sundin.

Is it the Nucks turn to be Canada's TEAM? I'll be rootin' for them Smile

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would like NOTHING more for the Canucks and their fans to taste victory. What could be more fitting for Lord Stanley to have his home in Vancouver for the summer and then to enter the Winter with an even LONGER tradition finding it's way into Canada's neck of the woods... Of course I'm speaking of the 2010 Winter Olympics...

It would be a magnificent DOUBLE-WHAMMY for Vancouver and their populace/fans in my view.

GO 'NUCKS!!!

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:I would like NOTHING more for the Canucks and their fans to taste victory. What could be more fitting for Lord Stanley to have his home in Vancouver for the summer and then to enter the Winter with an even LONGER tradition finding it's way into Canada's neck of the woods... Of course I'm speaking of the 2010 Winter Olympics...

It would be a magnificent DOUBLE-WHAMMY for Vancouver and their populace/fans in my view.

Am definitely all for the Nucks winning, they got a team that could do it all, they just have to keep playing hard and hope the long layoff doesn't hinder their chances. On a selfish standpoint, how good would it be for us to see Sundin/Wellwood hoisting the cup while the Leaf fans all stew about it? yeah its childish, but meh, I am allowed one moment like that a day. :^^^^:

GO 'NUCKS!!!

You make a very valid point there. LOL

But seriously, even though most American NHL teams have as many as 8-10 roster players who hail from the Great White North (as well as other European countries, Russian, etc...) for a team who's HOME is in our home and Native to hoist Lord Stanley's mug would be VERY special; as it's been a LONG time comin'...

Sundin or no Sundin, to be honest, I couldn't care less.
I'm having a ball watching the Sedin's find their groove, and seeing Kessler and Burrows wreaking havoc. And I'm also very proud of Rick Bowness... The poor guy was run out of the Nations Capital and yet he has talent and motivations galore; so it's nice to see it bear fruit for him and his HC and staff.

I can see them making it by Chicago but don't see them beating the Ducks-Wings winner. Go Canucks !!!

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

GO NUCKS GO!!!! As much as I like the Hawks, I truly want Vancouver to win this.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:GO NUCKS GO!!!! As much as I like the Hawks, I truly want Vancouver to win this.

Sens Girl, and there are so MANY good Canadian boys on the Blackhawks team for you to cheer for.

The Nucks are a transplanted Team Sweden, are they not? LOL

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

davetherave wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:GO NUCKS GO!!!! As much as I like the Hawks, I truly want Vancouver to win this.

Sens Girl, and there are so MANY good Canadian boys on the Blackhawks team for you to cheer for.

You know DTR, you make a great point there for sure. The only Vancouver player that I love is Luongo. And, he's a good ol' Canadian boy too.

You're right though, the Hawks are probably the most "Canadian" team left in the playoffs right now. I must say, I'm really torn on this series. I've been looking forward to seeing the Hawks in the playoffs since the beginning of the year. They are such an exciting team with a Dung load of young talent. Vancouver are also a much stronger team this year, and it sounds like Sundin might be feeling a heck of a lot better and finding his legs. He can really make a huge difference in this series.

Luongo against Khabby will be really tight. Khabby is playing Lights Out right now, who would've thunk he would get it back the way he has? Certainly not me.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:
davetherave wrote:

You know DTR, you make a great point there for sure. The only Vancouver player that I love is Luongo. And, he's a good ol' Canadian boy too.

You're right though, the Hawks are probably the most "Canadian" team left in the playoffs right now. I must say, I'm really torn on this series. I've been looking forward to seeing the Hawks in the playoffs since the beginning of the year. They are such an exciting team with a Dung load of young talent. Vancouver are also a much stronger team this year, and it sounds like Sundin might be feeling a heck of a lot better and finding his legs. He can really make a huge difference in this series.

Luongo against Khabby will be really tight. Khabby is playing Lights Out right now, who would've thunk he would get it back the way he has? Certainly not me.

And Sens Girl, there's our own Benny Eager from Ottawa.

Khabby wants another Ring, is what.

Join us for 'Hawks Rock'...The Tribe needs you.
:D:

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was just chatting with a colleague about Khabi.
Isn't he set to hit the FA market in July? I wonder how much $$ may be thrown his way, whether he hoists the Cup or not?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's a tough one to answer since he was handed a big contract and played well below expectations for all but part of one season which happens to be his contract year. Does another GM get hood winked by this guy?

- Unknown Author

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:That's a tough one to answer since he was handed a big contract and played well below expectations for all but part of one season which happens to be his contract year. Does another GM get hood winked by this guy?

Boy, are you guys ever tough on Nik.

You forget he played behind a crappy D in Chi for his first two years.

Khabby has a Cup ring. There's a reason. He's one of the best.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:That's a tough one to answer since he was handed a big contract and played well below expectations for all but part of one season which happens to be his contract year. Does another GM get hood winked by this guy?

Boy, are you guys ever tough on Nik.

You forget he played behind a crappy D in Chi for his first two years.

Khabby has a Cup ring. There's a reason. He's one of the best.

He played sub par for Tampa leading up the playoffs when they won their Cup and he appears to be showing he just needs the games to mean something to step up so does a GM pay up to get Khabby just to show up in the playoffs? I don't know. Good question though.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:I would like NOTHING more for the Canucks and their fans to taste victory. What could be more fitting for Lord Stanley to have his home in Vancouver for the summer and then to enter the Winter with an even LONGER tradition finding it's way into Canada's neck of the woods... Of course I'm speaking of the 2010 Winter Olympics...

GO 'NUCKS!!!

Well, the Nucks already have the parade planned...haven't you read?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Vancouver-paper-asks-for-Cup-parade-route-hocke?urn=nhl,158591

Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:30 pm EDT
Vancouver paper asks for Cup parade route; hockey gods tremble

By Sean Leahy

If there's one thing you don't want to do, it's anger the hockey gods. They are a fickle bunch that will lay their hands down and smote thee who dare disrupt the time-honored traditions of The Game.

The Vancouver Province is currently skating on thin ice with said hockey gods.
Yesterday, the morning after the Canucks swept the
St. Louis Blues to become the first team to advance to the second round, the Province's hockey blog, The White Towel, asked fans to begin sending them the best Stanley Cup parade route.
Keep in mind, this is a franchise that's advanced past the first-round only three out of the past 13 seasons. I understand there's some excitement in British Columbia, but really? Confidence much?

Fans are encouraged to use Google maps to create their parade route and the most creative ones will be shown on The White Towel's page and the paper will "give them a print nod in Province Sports."

Worth pissing off those hockey gods 'Nuck fans?

Jumping the gun about winning isn't all that unusual in hockey of late. Please recall early Eastern Conference Champions gear for the Pittsburgh Penguins and Stanley Cup Champions Detroit Red Wings merch before their series even ended. Not to mention NHL.com goofing and releasing the Hart Trophy winner on a T-shirt.

In regards to the Penguins and Red Wings gear, both of those situations worked out and no egg was placed on faces.

But if the Canucks don't end up winning the Stanley Cup in June, you can be sure Vancouver fans will blame The White Towel for bringing the jinx.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ha! Actually Dave, I had NOT seen that... LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum