GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OHL Western Conference Finals: Windsor vs. London

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Windsor wins series 4 - 1

Game 1 - Wed Apr 15 7:05 PM WINDSOR 4, London 3 OT
Game 2 - Fri Apr 17 7:30 PM LONDON 6, Windsor 5 OT
Game 3 - Sun Apr 19 4:00 PM WINDSOR 5, London 4 OT
Game 4 - Mon Apr 20 7:05 PM Windsor 5, LONDON 4 OT
Game 5 - Wed Apr 22 7:05 PM London at Windsor
Game 6 - Fri Apr 24 7:30 PM * Windsor at London
Game 7 - Sat Apr 25 7:05 PM * London at Windsor

WINDSOR SPITFIRES
Taylor Hall Windsor Spitfires 14 GP, 10 G, 16 A, 26 PTS, 10 PIM
Dale Mitchell Windsor Spitfires 14 GP 12 G, 13 A, 25 PTS, 14 PIM
Ryan Ellis Windsor Spitfires 14 GP, 8 G, 17 A, 25 PTS, 14 PIM
Andrei Loktionov Windsor Spitfires 14 GP, 6 G, 17 A, 23 PTS, 2 PIM

G Andrew Engelage, Windsor Spitfires, 14 GP, 741 MINS, 375 SHOTS, 40 GA, 0 SO, 3.24 GAA, 0.893 SV%, 9-1-1

LONDON KNIGHTS
Nazem Kadri London Knights 13 GP, 9 G, 12 A, 21 PTS, 22 PIM
John Carlson London Knights 13 GP, 7 G, 14 A, 21 PTS, 16 PIM
Phil Varone London Knights 13 GP, 10 G, 9 A, 19 PTS, 19 PIM
John Tavares London Knights 13 GP, 9 G, 10 A, 19 PTS, 8 PIM
Michael Del Zotto London Knights 13 GP, 3 G, 16 A, 19 PTS, 18 PIM

G Trevor Cann London Knights 12 GP, 735 MINS, 379 SHOTS, 34 GA, 0 SO, 2.78 GAA, 0.910 SV%, 9-1-2

Last edited by Dash on Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Windsor advances to the OHL finals, eliminating John Tavares' London Knights in 5 games.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

HOw did Kadri look in that series?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:HOw did Kadri look in that series?

Surprisingly physical/effective on the back-check for people who heard he was otherwise.

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

This series was war. All 5 games went to OT. Too bad (at least for me) London came out on the losing end 4 times. But you have to hand it to the Spits, they were the better team.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

pgood wrote:This series was war. All 5 games went to OT. Too bad (at least for me) London came out on the losing end 4 times. But you have to hand it to the Spits, they were the better team.

Correct me if I'm wrong but these two were the expected Conference finalists right? Both teams loaded up didn't they? It's nice to see that and to see some hard fought, close and entertaining Hockey. I remember the Colorado - Detroit Series' were always great fun to watch back when those two teams would fight it out for the right to play for the Cup.

- Unknown Author

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I wouldn't say either team loaded up, they addressed a few areas of improvement, but hardly made the moves London did, and look how that worked.

I didn't see much of this series, don't have Rogers, and any games I did go to were Brampton games, but Kadri was tearing it up.

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

Dash wrote:I wouldn't say either team loaded up, they addressed a few areas of improvement, but hardly made the moves London did, and look how that worked.

I didn't see much of this series, don't have Rogers, and any games I did go to were Brampton games, but Kadri was tearing it up.

London only made 2 moves at/near the deadline... adding Tavares and DelZotto was a big move in terms of names, and then Zac Rinaldo which was a muscle move.

Windsor made a pretty big trade themselves in landing Shutron, Unice, and Timmins from the Rangers.

The goaltending egde went to Windsor before the deadline, and then even more so when they added Unice as a backup.

London made a deal earlier in the year to pick up Trevor Cann who was good, but not great for them, and probably cost them at least one game in the series giving up a few untimely softies.

Hard to say though. A 5 game series that went to OT all 5 times tells you just how close these teams are. On top of that, on six different occasions in this series a team held a 2 goal lead (or better) in a game and watched that lead dissappear. Both offenses were clicking... Engleange just came up with more key saves than Cann over the course of the series (although I refuse to blame Cann for game 5, he made a number of huge saves in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd and into OT.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum