GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clouston, does he lose his 'interim' tag

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Clouston, does he lose his 'interim' tag Empty Clouston, does he lose his 'interim' tag Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:10 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I am curious to get your opinions on the job that coach Cory Clouston has done in his brief tenure with the Ottawa Senators. He is technically still an 'interim' head coach.

Does Murray drop the 'interim' tag on Clouston's title, or does he send him back to Binghampton and bring in perhaps a more established coach

This is a tough question... he has turned these guys from being lazy sacks of crap into hardworking sacks of crap. Problem he is faced with is if he has enough stamina to ride these guys for an entire year? Will the players maintain the work ethic? Does he have 100% backing of management? Once the roster becomes an elite roster, is he able to push more than just the basics?

I think he has 20 games to show a strong finish. If he is over .500 then he gets the job on a 2 year contract, if not.. this is a tough business.... IMO

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I wouldn't give a 2 year contract. Murray might be gone in a year and a new GM would probably want to install his own man. If I was Melnyk I'd say give him a year; if he doesn't like it, tough, the job in Bingo is already taken.

Yeah, it's a tough business.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I can already see an effect on these players, and he's coached what, 12 or 13 games.

On one hand, I'd really like to see what he can do with 82 games and the playoffs, but on the other hand, a proven pro like a Quinn would be such a boon for this team. Instant return to respectability.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I have no problem with him resigning, I think the team is quite consistent effort-wise with him, and not so frustrated.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

he's made Spezza backcheck more than he ever has, I believe has even benched him a period, which well, might not be enough, but hey, its more balls than any other coach that has been here lately has had. Accountability is one thing to say, another thing to do. Clouston may not have had it completely yet, but well, he is making more strides than Paddock or Hartsburg.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum