GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Mar. 7th, 2009

+8
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
davetherave
PKC
asq2
beedub
LeCaptain
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I was at the game with my 11-year-old and the twins (their first game at SBP). I was sick as a dog so I didn't really enjoy myself as much as I should have. That said, this was only my second game this year (not counting the juniors) and it's the second time I'm getting pizza. I'm not sure who the lucky charm is -- myself or my 11-year-old -- but if you want to take up a collection to get us a pair of season tickets to guarantee that kind of performance at every home game, I'm not going to stand in anyone's way Smile

Now, on to the game.

1. Buffalo was tired. They had next to nothing left after the first (in which they handily outshot Ottawa).

2. Lalime wasn't on his game. I was watching him during "O Canada" and he was barely grooving (you know, his Stevie Wonder move). I figured all they had to do is throw a lot of rubber his way and the game was ours. Didn't happen in the first and I was worried.

3. There is a reason why Alfie, with 2 goals, was only the 3rd star. He really didn't play all that well. He was just average. I think I yelled out his name (move it, get back, no! -- thos kinds of things) 4-5 times to Spezza's 3. For Alfie, that was a productive, but not a great game.

4. I think there's a goal or 2 that Elliott wouldn't mind taking a second shot at. He held his ground in the 1st when it was all Buffalo, so he got the job done. I'd much rather see that kind of performance than unbelievable saves late in the game to keep it to a 3 goal loss.

5. Overall, even accounting for the 1st period and Lalime's less-than-stellar outing, I thought the Sens were the better team. If not for some questionable calls and poor penalty killing it wouldn't have been as close as it was.

6. Speaking of the PK, what happened? Is it the loss of Vermette or Smith? Is it because Clouston was trying everyone on the PK (I saw Heatley out twice, Shannon as well) and they are just going through growing pains? Personally, I want my best players to be on the ice in all situations -- in thoes penalty-filled games it keeps them at game speed througout the night, and it doesn't overtire your PKers.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I was at the game with my 11-year-old and the twins (their first game at SBP). I was sick as a dog so I didn't really enjoy myself as much as I should have. That said, this was only my second game this year (not counting the juniors) and it's the second time I'm getting pizza. I'm not sure who the lucky charm is -- myself or my 11-year-old -- but if you want to take up a collection to get us a pair of season tickets to guarantee that kind of performance at every home game, I'm not going to stand in anyone's way Smile

Now, on to the game.

1. Buffalo was tired. They had next to nothing left after the first (in which they handily outshot Ottawa).

2. Lalime wasn't on his game. I was watching him during "O Canada" and he was barely grooving (you know, his Stevie Wonder move). I figured all they had to do is throw a lot of rubber his way and the game was ours. Didn't happen in the first and I was worried.

3. There is a reason why Alfie, with 2 goals, was only the 3rd star. He really didn't play all that well. He was just average. I think I yelled out his name (move it, get back, no! -- thos kinds of things) 4-5 times to Spezza's 3. For Alfie, that was a productive, but not a great game.

4. I think there's a goal or 2 that Elliott wouldn't mind taking a second shot at. He held his ground in the 1st when it was all Buffalo, so he got the job done. I'd much rather see that kind of performance than unbelievable saves late in the game to keep it to a 3 goal loss.

5. Overall, even accounting for the 1st period and Lalime's less-than-stellar outing, I thought the Sens were the better team. If not for some questionable calls and poor penalty killing it wouldn't have been as close as it was.

6. Speaking of the PK, what happened? Is it the loss of Vermette or Smith? Is it because Clouston was trying everyone on the PK (I saw Heatley out twice, Shannon as well) and they are just going through growing pains? Personally, I want my best players to be on the ice in all situations -- in thoes penalty-filled games it keeps them at game speed througout the night, and it doesn't overtire your PKers.

whoever it is, am thinking Melnyk should give you season tickets to just ensure we have a good season next year lol.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Over on SilverSevenSens the blogger said this was their first "Pizza" night of the year, and that made me wonder. But I checked, and yep, I was at the Phoenix game that also ended 6-3.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Over on SilverSevenSens the blogger said this was their first "Pizza" night of the year, and that made me wonder. But I checked, and yep, I was at the Phoenix game that also ended 6-3.

ugh, only the 2nd, have come a long way from like 2 seasons ago, there was like 2 pizza nights a week when they had a homestand lol.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

just watched the highlights again on tsn, and since I missed the 1st period, I never got to see this, but man, what a hit Winchester had on Spacek, that kid needs to do that more often.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Unfortunately we were sitting up in the 300s, to the right of Lalime's goal. I saw Winchester hit him, then he disappeared from view. At first I thought he broke his neck or something. Later when I saw it on replay he wasn't as close to the boards as I thought, probably just had the wind knocked out of him.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Unfortunately we were sitting up in the 300s, to the right of Lalime's goal. I saw Winchester hit him, then he disappeared from view. At first I thought he broke his neck or something. Later when I saw it on replay he wasn't as close to the boards as I thought, probably just had the wind knocked out of him.

it was pretty scary looking i tell you from one angle on TSN, but yeah, probably got the wind knocked out of him is right, the hit by A-Train on Kaleta was pretty nasty too, looks like Kaleta slipped before A-Train hit him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum