GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Downie does it again - suspended indef. in the AHL

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.theahl.com/headlines/index.html?article_id=9604

John Walton had this to say on his blog:

Instead of trying to win the face-off, Downie took a baseball-like swing with full wind-up and struck Hamilton across the right shin. Watching the replay no less than 20 times myself during the postgame, I was appalled not only at the lack of respect for an official, but the sheer violence from one man to another.

Jason Chaimovitch, VP of the AHL said that he was suspended indefinitely until he gets to see the video of the incident.

Take off Downie. squirrel

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, neither he nor Beach are players I'd want anywhere near the Sens.

It's a shame, because they're both good players. But something's not right.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, Beach is a tool as well.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm starting to think the ship has sailed in terms of Beach and Downie being 'good' players. At one time, sure, but it sure seems like a LOT has changed...

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

so it sounds like Downie is trying to be the Chris Simon of the AHL, so after reviewing this incident, will the AHL step up and get this guy out of hockey before someone gets killed/paralyzed? Not saying it will get that far, but it only looks like this guy is getting worse, not better. some screws are loose for sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum