GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

So who is going to take the Turtle trophy

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1So who is going to take the Turtle trophy Empty So who is going to take the Turtle trophy Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:09 am

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

I think we should have a turtle trophy for the best NHL team in the Ontario Turtle Derby!!

Clearly, the Leafs have a long losing streak going here but this year's championship could be the most exciting we've ever had!!

Both teams look to get weaker at the deadline (although Ottawa recently got a bit stronger). Neither is likely to make the playoffs.

Leafs 61 gms - 58 pts.
Ottawa 59 gms - 55 pts.

It could be a close one!!

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Aetherial wrote:I think we should have a turtle trophy for the best NHL team in the Ontario Turtle Derby!!

Clearly, the Leafs have a long losing streak going here but this year's championship could be the most exciting we've ever had!!

Both teams look to get weaker at the deadline (although Ottawa recently got a bit stronger). Neither is likely to make the playoffs.

Leafs 61 gms - 58 pts.
Ottawa 59 gms - 55 pts.

It could be a close one!!

Saturday's game will tell a lot, but am going with N4L on this one, going to be cheering for the leafs to win the rest of the season.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's come to this. I don't want the trophy.

- Unknown Author

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It's come to this. I don't want the trophy.

Indeed.

A sad realization for Ottawa (not that it is "news" to anyone) and just a continuing sad realization for Toronto.

If they combined the rosters, they would have a pretty good team, but still not win anything.

Sad.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Aetherial wrote:

Indeed.

A sad realization for Ottawa (not that it is "news" to anyone) and just a continuing sad realization for Toronto.

If they combined the rosters, they would have a pretty good team, but still not win anything.

Sad.

Haha, interesting:

Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Blake - Stajan - Fisher
Grabovski - Vermette - Hagman
Stajan - Kelly - Antropov

Kaberle - Volchenkov
Kubina - Phillips
Smith - White

Toskala
Elliott

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
Aetherial wrote:

Indeed.

Sad.

Haha, interesting:

Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Blake - Stajan - Fisher
Grabovski - Vermette - Hagman
Stajan - Kelly - Antropov

Kaberle - Volchenkov
Kubina - Phillips
Smith - White

Toskala
Elliott

EWWWWWWWWWW to Toskala, it's pretty sad too that we can combine the leafs and Sens, then still not come up with a team that is close to the red wings, bruins or sharks in talent lol.

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

I was looking at the standings and noticing, not that they are overly close, but the Leafs are now only 9 points out of a playoff spot. Are they making their usual late season charge for 9th or is this just a fluke?

In most cases I'd say they are pretty much toast, but if they can keep winning, the way this season is playing out who knows.

The Rangers are terrible, Buffalo has lost Miller, the Canes are as streaky as dollar store window cleaner, even the Pens are pretty inconsistent... if ever, it seems this is the year that something weird or crazy could happen...

I'm not saying that it will, just that it could...

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

pgood wrote:I was looking at the standings and noticing, not that they are overly close, but the Leafs are now only 9 points out of a playoff spot. Are they making their usual late season charge for 9th or is this just a fluke?

In most cases I'd say they are pretty much toast, but if they can keep winning, the way this season is playing out who knows.

The Rangers are terrible, Buffalo has lost Miller, the Canes are as streaky as dollar store window cleaner, even the Pens are pretty inconsistent... if ever, it seems this is the year that something weird or crazy could happen...

I'm not saying that it will, just that it could...

I think it would be great to see Toronto do that again, Burke would be cursing a blue streak if it does. Ottawa can do their part tomorrow night, as much as I hate it, I hope the Leafs do beat the Sens.

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

Well Toronto has already played themselves out of the Tavares/Hedman lottery (at least for now) which is not to say they won't be back in it by seasons end, but really whats the difference between 9th and 15th but a better draft pick at that point.

As much as I hate losing, and especially losing to the Leafs, this is not a playoff team, so I'd rather lose with an eye towards the future.

They are playing better more competitive hockey right now, so at the least watching a decent hockey game that ends in a loss isn't as bad as getting blown out or made to look like amateurs. And at least we hold on to a shot at #1 overall.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum