GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rennie canned! (Update - Torterella new Head Coach)

+7
Jordo
Acrobat
beedub
Riprock
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Jordo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Definitely a GM problem, Renney is a fantastic coach.

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

Interesting that all four coaches that went to Europe are gone...
think the trip did something to the teams' ability to compete?

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

Agreed -

This topic is posted and better followed in the "Around the Forum in 30 Teams" section

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:Zherdev, Redden, those 2 may be done in NYR.

You gotta wonder about Zherdev, who seemed to be turning his career around. I predict a resugence until he tunes the Fonz out like he apparently did Rennie.

Redden is just Redden.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Acrobat wrote:Interesting that all four coaches that went to Europe are gone...
think the trip did something to the teams' ability to compete?

Wow, that's an interesting observation Acrobat. I think the trip overseas definitely has a fatiguing effect to the players right out of the gate.

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Zherdev, Redden, those 2 may be done in NYR.

You gotta wonder about Zherdev, who seemed to be turning his career around. I predict a resugence until he tunes the Fonz out like he apparently did Rennie.

Redden is just Redden.

If people complain about Spezza, Zherdev is worse. He is a waste of time, tallent, and money.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Acrobat wrote:Agreed -

This topic is posted and better followed in the "Around the Forum in 30 Teams" section

Merged.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddling Torterella coming in apparently. Boo. He'll make them half-way decent.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Confirmed now: Torts is the new head coach of the Rangers.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=268369&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

That sucks...

Torts is not the coach for that team... that prob salts it away in terms of a playoff spot for NYR.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Really? You don't think he's the guy? The only thing that red flags for me is that they're very similar in style, but I think Torts gets them into the playoffs.

Who is Torts going to whip into shape? Redden? Zherdev? Gomez and Drury are nice players but they are limited in what they can do. 5 mil players for sure, 7 plus, omg no.

Torts is going to open up the offense, what offense? Who is he miracly going to save?

Ludqvist might be getting the hook night in and night out.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dunno. He'll play Drury, Gomez, Naslund and Zherdev at a 20 minutes per game pace. He'll replace Redden with Girardi and try to get the most out of Staal and Roszival.

He'll never say a bad thing about Lundqvist IMO. The danger might be that he leaves him in too long.

He doesn't have much to work with, but I think he can change their mind sets a lot.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

That team is a Diddle mess. There's no kidding yourselves about it. Their 'core' is overpaid by about $10 million a season. Let the firesale begin...if anyone will take them.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

This is the guy I wished Ottawa could have snagged in the off season, would have stapled Spezza to the bench if he needed to be, would have provided a few good "colour" comments for the press in Ottawa and the rest of canada.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I also agree with Redden being done. There's nowhere for him to go now, he can't hide the fact that he flat out sucks now - and Torterella won't want to miss the playoffs because of him. Healthy scratch I would imagine - but then why would Sather hire him if that's the case?

Sather is so stupid, it's actually painful to watch. He's literally got moldy Dung for brains.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:I also agree with Redden being done. There's nowhere for him to go now, he can't hide the fact that he flat out sucks now - and Torterella won't want to miss the playoffs because of him. Healthy scratch I would imagine - but then why would Sather hire him if that's the case?

Sather is so stupid, it's actually painful to watch. He's literally got moldy Dung for brains.

Guy is as dumb as a bucket of shrimp.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum