GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All-Star Starters Named

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1All-Star Starters Named Empty All-Star Starters Named Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:07 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=261768&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

Price, Komisarek, Markov, Kovalev, Malkin, Crosby for the East.

Giguere, Niedermayer, Campbell, Kane, Toews, Getzlaf for the West.

Interesting that only 4 teams are represented, and they aren't Detroit, Boston or San Jose.

It's pretty laughable that Kovalev is starting over Ovechkin, although I look forward to his appearance in the skills competition.

2All-Star Starters Named Empty Re: All-Star Starters Named Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:08 pm

asq2 wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=261768&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

Interesting that only 4 teams are represented, and they aren't Detroit, Boston or San Jose.

It's pretty laughable that Kovalev is starting over Ovechkin, although I look forward to his appearance in the skills competition.

Or Price or Komisarek for that matter. Both have been injured quite a bit. Price over a guy like Tim Thomas is a straight up joke. I won't be watching this garbage popularity contest.

3All-Star Starters Named Empty Re: All-Star Starters Named Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:30 pm

Datsyuk, Zetterburg, Thornton, Phaneuf, Boyle, and Luongo...see, was that hard?

4All-Star Starters Named Empty Re: All-Star Starters Named Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:03 pm

hemlock wrote:
asq2 wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=261768&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

Or Price or Komisarek for that matter. Both have been injured quite a bit. Price over a guy like Tim Thomas is a straight up joke. I won't be watching this garbage popularity contest.

lol hemmy, not a habs fan are we?

Way too much habs on there lol. Price is good though, like or not, he's the best youngin' golie in the league ... :p

5All-Star Starters Named Empty Re: All-Star Starters Named Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:14 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:Datsyuk, Zetterburg, Thornton, Phaneuf, Boyle, and Luongo...see, was that hard?

I would say that as much as I love Zetts, I think Getzlaf and Kane deserve to be there.

Toews? Not really.

6All-Star Starters Named Empty Re: All-Star Starters Named Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:51 pm

asq2 wrote:
Tukker wrote:Datsyuk, Zetterburg, Thornton, Phaneuf, Boyle, and Luongo...see, was that hard?

I would say that as much as I love Zetts, I think Getzlaf and Kane deserve to be there.

Toews? Not really.

Agreed. And that was my point. This is a popularity contest and not based on being deserving.

7All-Star Starters Named Empty Re: All-Star Starters Named Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:52 pm

HowieMorenz wrote:
hemlock wrote:

lol hemmy, not a habs fan are we?

Way too much habs on there lol. Price is good though, like or not, he's the best youngin' golie in the league ... :p

Perhaps. Personally I like Halak better, but no way you can convince me that Price deserves to go over a guy like Tim Thomas.

8All-Star Starters Named Empty Re: All-Star Starters Named Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:55 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Thomas will go, never you fret. Wink

I don't know if anyone is deserving from a Sens perspective, though.

EDIT: Can we send Karlsson? 9 points, +7 in 5 games on a relatively low-scoring team. :D Razz

9All-Star Starters Named Empty Re: All-Star Starters Named Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:18 am

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

I will actually understand players wanting to skip the all-star game this year. OV is the most exciting player in the NHL and he doesn't start - what a joke.

Not sure what the NHL brass are thinking with this one - how does this help the small market american teams that they're trying so hard to develop - sorry but your super star is not as good as the leagues 59th scorer.

How do you think Kovalev/Komisarek/Giguere/Niedermayer feel starting this game? Would you start if you knew you really shouldn't be there?

10All-Star Starters Named Empty Re: All-Star Starters Named Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:23 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Hayden wrote:I will actually understand players wanting to skip the all-star game this year. OV is the most exciting player in the NHL and he doesn't start - what a joke.

Not sure what the NHL brass are thinking with this one - how does this help the small market american teams that they're trying so hard to develop - sorry but your super star is not as good as the leagues 59th scorer.

How do you think Kovalev/Komisarek/Giguere/Niedermayer feel starting this game? Would you start if you knew you really shouldn't be there?

It's the fans who select them, actually. Pretty surprising that Nieds, Getzlaf and Giguere are there considering they are a relatively small market team.

11All-Star Starters Named Empty Re: All-Star Starters Named Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:40 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Even though I knew it was coming, that is so sad. Price, Komisarek, Kovalev and even Markov shouldn't be there. Unreal. Giguere? What, did they run out of goalies to vote for in the West?

Barf. One shift, off you all get and let the real all stars play (with the exception of some of the West, they're pretty good).

12All-Star Starters Named Empty Re: All-Star Starters Named Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:58 am

asq2 wrote:Thomas will go, never you fret. Wink

EDIT: Can we send Karlsson? 9 points, +7 in 5 games on a relatively low-scoring team. :D Razz

Oh no doubt Thomas will be there, but the league ought to go back to balloting in the areanas only. The web based voting is just a joke. First vote for Rory, now this thing with the Habs. I wouldn't be surprised to see the league go back to balloting in person at the arenas only next season.

EDIT: Karlsson hah! His performance makes sort of makes me wonder how well he'd be doing right now with another 20-30 pounds on his frame.

13All-Star Starters Named Empty Re: All-Star Starters Named Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:03 am

hemlock wrote:

Oh no doubt Thomas will be there, but the league ought to go back to balloting in the areanas only. The web based voting is just a joke. First vote for Rory, now this thing with the Habs. I wouldn't be surprised to see the league go back to balloting in person at the arenas only next season.

EDIT: Karlsson hah! His performance makes sort of makes me wonder how well he'd be doing right now with another 20-30 pounds on his frame.
get EK a personal trainer, and fill out his frame. Everything about him right now is screaming franchise Dman. I think we might be okay with drafting a forward this year.

14All-Star Starters Named Empty Re: All-Star Starters Named Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:12 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:
hemlock wrote:

get EK a personal trainer, and fill out his frame. Everything about him right now is screaming franchise Dman. I think we might be okay with drafting a forward this year.

He needs to work on his defensive play a bit, and hopefully he's stopped drinking black coffee and might grow a bit more, but the sky's definitely the limit for him.

The scary thing about Sweden's defence (and offence, to a certain extent) is how young it is. Guys like Karlsson, Hedman, MSP etc. I believe could all potentially play again next year. That D is would be unbelievable.

15All-Star Starters Named Empty Re: All-Star Starters Named Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:45 pm

asq2 wrote:
Tukker wrote:
hemlock wrote:

He needs to work on his defensive play a bit, and hopefully he's stopped drinking black coffee and might grow a bit more, but the sky's definitely the limit for him.

The scary thing about Sweden's defence (and offence, to a certain extent) is how young it is. Guys like Karlsson, Hedman, MSP etc. I believe could all potentially play again next year. That D is would be unbelievable.

Would Karlsson still be of age to do so? I know MSP and Hedman would, but you have to wonder if they'll be in Sweden then. Hedman could be patrolling someone's blueline in the NHL. Also, maybe we'll get lucky and have Karlsson gain 25 pounds of muscle by next year and he can play for us :D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum