GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM HockeyGossip Home of The FighTinG MonTaGooSe

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Gotta say that I do enjoy reading peoples thoughts on hockey on this site, don't mind the rumours, but there are a few that are going overboard on the gossip. Talking about what players do off the ice, speculating what they do in the dressing room and making claims on what they "know" about players is, in my opinion dragging this site down. It's a lot of fun to analyze a player's performances on the ice, debating good/bad moves by a GM, Wing Dang Doodle about the price of a beer at the game (all of which can be seen first hand by anyone), but the gossip should stop. It doesn't do anyone any good. Maybe, if it is as important as it appears to some posters, the Administrators should add a gossip section where players drug use/womanizing/drinking/partying can be discussed. Just my feedback on what I consider a fun site to visit.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ummm... that's actually not that bad of an idea.

We currently have this particular thread for items such as this (i.e. Random Thoughts) and perhaps all that gossip stuff should be relegated here.

Thank you for the feedback B B B Bird is the Word.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cronenbergfan wrote:ummm... that's actually not that bad of an idea.

We currently have this particular thread for items such as this (i.e. Random Thoughts) and perhaps all that gossip stuff should be relegated here.

Thank you for the feedback B B B Bird is the Word.

Call him B for short Smile

Must be hell when he signs in on another computer (i.e. username)...

Then dont post Grats going into rehab. He isnt hooked on sugar.

Blazer wrote:Must be hell when he signs in on another computer (i.e. username)...

yes Blazer, it is absolute hell.

Neely4Life wrote:Then dont post Grats going into rehab. He isnt hooked on sugar.
I'm talking about the "I know someone who saw him with ______" and "doing _____" types of posts - gossip posts. I don't have any problem with discussing reported stories. Discussing a news report isn't gossip in my opinion.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

B B B Bird is the Word wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Then dont post Grats going into rehab. He isnt hooked on sugar.
I'm talking about the "I know someone who saw him with ______" and "doing _____" types of posts - gossip posts. I don't have any problem with discussing reported stories. Discussing a news report isn't gossip in my opinion.

I.e., information that is independently verified and reported by respectable news sources, and which is accessible to all members so that they can evaluate it for themselves.

You'll get no argument from me.

B B B Bird is the Word wrote:

Fair enough, but whne it comes to this team we know the deal with Grats, we know the deal with Emery, and they had one other room mate. Its not like he was at the Shepards while they were doing these things.

Anyways, I have no problems not talking about this stuff, but when its about a former player who still has close ties to present players, things are going to be said. Its imposssible to ignore it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum