GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBOFS-Florida Panthers

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Panthers' player with the biggest impact on the Franchise?

TBOFS-Florida Panthers Vote_lcap229%TBOFS-Florida Panthers Vote_rcap2 29% [ 5 ]
TBOFS-Florida Panthers Vote_lcap26%TBOFS-Florida Panthers Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
TBOFS-Florida Panthers Vote_lcap224%TBOFS-Florida Panthers Vote_rcap2 24% [ 4 ]
TBOFS-Florida Panthers Vote_lcap20%TBOFS-Florida Panthers Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
TBOFS-Florida Panthers Vote_lcap218%TBOFS-Florida Panthers Vote_rcap2 18% [ 3 ]
TBOFS-Florida Panthers Vote_lcap223%TBOFS-Florida Panthers Vote_rcap2 23% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1TBOFS-Florida Panthers Empty TBOFS-Florida Panthers Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:06 pm

Beezer. no second thoughts.

2TBOFS-Florida Panthers Empty Re: TBOFS-Florida Panthers Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:16 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Beezer for sure. I still remember watching the Florida Panthers in the Stanley Cup Finals against the Colorado Avalanche in 96. The team skating out from the giant panther alot like the Sharks do now. Man that series was crazy, both teams first time finalists...memories.

3TBOFS-Florida Panthers Empty Re: TBOFS-Florida Panthers Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:20 pm

PKC wrote:Beezer for sure. I still remember watching the Florida Panthers in the Stanley Cup Finals against the Colorado Avalanche in 96. The team skating out from the giant panther alot like the Sharks do now. Man that series was crazy, both teams first time finalists...memories.
The cats made the finals in only there third season. I can't think of many other teams who made it sooner.

4TBOFS-Florida Panthers Empty Re: TBOFS-Florida Panthers Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:21 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:
PKC wrote:Beezer for sure. I still remember watching the Florida Panthers in the Stanley Cup Finals against the Colorado Avalanche in 96. The team skating out from the giant panther alot like the Sharks do now. Man that series was crazy, both teams first time finalists...memories.
The cats made the finals in only there third season. I can't think of many other teams who made it sooner.

What a great run it was too.

5TBOFS-Florida Panthers Empty Re: TBOFS-Florida Panthers Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:24 pm

PKC wrote:
Tukker wrote:

What a great run it was too.
Beezzer never did get to win the cup... i remember in 2003(i think) all the attention was given to Bourque winning the cup, but none of it was given to Beezer's chance of finally winning it.

6TBOFS-Florida Panthers Empty Re: TBOFS-Florida Panthers Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:27 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I remember that Florida team in 1996 being the most talentless team to ever reach a final. I think their leading scorer that year had like 50 points, or something ridiculous. Truly an insane trip. It's too bad beezer never got to win one...one of my all time favorite hockey players.

7TBOFS-Florida Panthers Empty Re: TBOFS-Florida Panthers Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:34 pm

PKC wrote:I remember that Florida team in 1996 being the most talentless team to ever reach a final. I think their leading scorer that year had like 50 points, or something ridiculous. Truly an insane trip. It's too bad beezer never got to win one...one of my all time favorite hockey players.
my Soo Greyhounds retired his number.

8TBOFS-Florida Panthers Empty Re: TBOFS-Florida Panthers Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:35 pm

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

I would say Mellanby but really he didn't even have much of an effect
on the franchise. I wouldn't say anybody has had much of an
effect to date. They are still waiting for somebody to make a big
impact on the team and league.... might be out of business before that
happens

9TBOFS-Florida Panthers Empty Re: TBOFS-Florida Panthers Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LOL, Ray Whitney played for the Panthers as well? Yikes...it's possible he's the most underexposed 'excellent' player in the last 15 years. Columbus, Florida and now Carolina. Huh...

10TBOFS-Florida Panthers Empty Re: TBOFS-Florida Panthers Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:42 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Nasty Nas wrote:I would say Mellanby but really he didn't even have much of an effect
happens

Beezer carried them to a Cup Final appearance in 1996. I'd say he had a pretty big effect.

11TBOFS-Florida Panthers Empty Re: TBOFS-Florida Panthers Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:35 am

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:
Nasty Nas wrote:I would say Mellanby but really he didn't even have much of an effect
happens

Beezer carried them to a Cup Final appearance in 1996. I'd say he had a pretty big effect.

and what kind of lasting impact has that made? Their building is empty and they pretty much give tickets away.

12TBOFS-Florida Panthers Empty Re: TBOFS-Florida Panthers Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:34 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Nasty Nas wrote:
PKC wrote:
happens

and what kind of lasting impact has that made? Their building is empty and they pretty much give tickets away.

Yeah, but that's completely different. Their management mismanaging things for almost a decade is to blame in this scenario.

13TBOFS-Florida Panthers Empty Re: TBOFS-Florida Panthers Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:30 am

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:
Nasty Nas wrote:
PKC wrote:
happens

Yeah, but that's completely different. Their management mismanaging things for almost a decade is to blame in this scenario.

good point. A good management team would really be the only thing that could have a big effect on that franchise at this point. Unless they somehow become a consistent winner that can generate an interest in the sport they will be folding before any management or superstar can have a large effect on the Panthers or their fans.

I sometimes wonder if they even enjoyed watching the games when they made it deep with Beezer or if they just liked the idea of throwing plastic rats on the ice.

14TBOFS-Florida Panthers Empty Re: TBOFS-Florida Panthers Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:34 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Nasty Nas wrote:
PKC wrote:
Nasty Nas wrote:
PKC wrote:
happens

good point. A good management team would really be the only thing that could have a big effect on that franchise at this point. Unless they somehow become a consistent winner that can generate an interest in the sport they will be folding before any management or superstar can have a large effect on the Panthers or their fans.

I sometimes wonder if they even enjoyed watching the games when they made it deep with Beezer or if they just liked the idea of throwing plastic rats on the ice.

I sincerely hope it was the former.

15TBOFS-Florida Panthers Empty Re: TBOFS-Florida Panthers Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:54 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

How can you not give it to Luongo?
His leaving was the first domino to fall
(to quote an overused phrase by "More in a sec..." Ek )

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum