GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Corvo and Eaves ontrade block?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Corvo and Eaves ontrade block? Empty Corvo and Eaves ontrade block? Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:54 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I have to admit, I felt a whole lot better about the Corvo and Eaves for Stillman and Commodore trade when I read this article.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2008/11/30/7581216-sun.html

Scroll to the section "Off the Glass". I was really pissed that we gave away two players for essentially nothing last year, but I am glad that at least Carolina seems to be regretting it just as much. Maybe it wasn't such a fleecing on Rutherford's part as most of us thought it was. It may also show some of Murray's insight in that he knew both players were at their peak of their tradeability and that he was best to get rid of them when he did, even though what he got back didn't really work out.

2Corvo and Eaves ontrade block? Empty Re: Corvo and Eaves ontrade block? Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:42 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I'm surprised that Eaves is not working out. As for Corvo, they had better not send him to a true hockey market, otherwise the media will eat him alive

3Corvo and Eaves ontrade block? Empty Re: Corvo and Eaves ontrade block? Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:50 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I remember a while back I was over at HB and a Canes fan came in to troll and was making fun of the trade. He went on to ask how our PP was doing and laughed. The problem was that our PP was doing far better without Corvo at the time and the Canes PP was doing far worse than ours. I found it hillarious actually.

- Unknown Author

4Corvo and Eaves ontrade block? Empty Re: Corvo and Eaves ontrade block? Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:17 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mojo1016 wrote:I have to admit, I felt a whole lot better about the Corvo and Eaves for Stillman and Commodore trade when I read this article.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2008/11/30/7581216-sun.html

Scroll to the section "Off the Glass". I was really pissed that we gave away two players for essentially nothing last year, but I am glad that at least Carolina seems to be regretting it just as much. Maybe it wasn't such a fleecing on Rutherford's part as most of us thought it was. It may also show some of Murray's insight in that he knew both players were at their peak of their tradeability and that he was best to get rid of them when he did, even though what he got back didn't really work out.

really though had we kept Stillman and Commodore is that trade really a loss? I don't think so.. That is a big win for us I would say...

5Corvo and Eaves ontrade block? Empty Re: Corvo and Eaves ontrade block? Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:23 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This actually doesn't surprise me so much. Although, like mojo said, it does make me feel better knowing that we didn't make out so well, and neither did Rutherford...

Ah well, back to square one...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum