GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will SJ win it all? Will they even make the Finals?

+6
LeCaptain
PTFlea
PKC
rooneypoo
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

How will SJ do in the playoffs this year?

Will SJ win it all?  Will they even make the Finals? - Page 2 Vote_lcap223%Will SJ win it all?  Will they even make the Finals? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 23% [ 3 ]
Will SJ win it all?  Will they even make the Finals? - Page 2 Vote_lcap223%Will SJ win it all?  Will they even make the Finals? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 23% [ 3 ]
Will SJ win it all?  Will they even make the Finals? - Page 2 Vote_lcap215%Will SJ win it all?  Will they even make the Finals? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 2 ]
Will SJ win it all?  Will they even make the Finals? - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%Will SJ win it all?  Will they even make the Finals? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 1 ]
Will SJ win it all?  Will they even make the Finals? - Page 2 Vote_lcap231%Will SJ win it all?  Will they even make the Finals? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 31% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

San Jose are unlikely to make a move on trade deadline, so I say it depends on what teams like Calgary or Chicago will do. I still think Calgary has a shot if they make an awesome trade before March 5th.

All that really matters is that San Jose will win the sim. This real life stuff is just gay...

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anyone care to change their predictions on this years version of the Sharks?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Anyone care to change their predictions on this years version of the Sharks?

No one could have anticipated that the Ducks would be the matchup in the first round...and that Anaheim would have improved their team so intelligently at the trade deadline.

Anyway, the best part about hockey predictions is being wrong LOL :D: Shrug Ahhhhh! :KJK: Sarcasm Facepalm :geek: scratch :*:

:GHF:

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I didn't anticipate anything in December except that I didn't think the Sharks were for real regardless of regular season performance. I could still be wrong because the series is far from over. I said on December 1st that I didn't think the Sharks would make it to the finals.

- Unknown Author

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I didn't anticipate anything in December except that I didn't think the Sharks were for real regardless of regular season performance. I could still be wrong because the series is far from over. I said on December 1st that I didn't think the Sharks would make it to the finals.

Well, Cap, if you're proven right...you win...a virtual round of beers!
Cheers

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I didn't anticipate anything in December except that I didn't think the Sharks were for real regardless of regular season performance. I could still be wrong because the series is far from over. I said on December 1st that I didn't think the Sharks would make it to the finals.

Cheers

Excellent. I expect everyone to come and enjoy them.

- Unknown Author

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Cheers

Excellent. I expect everyone to come and enjoy them.

Maybe we can order some virtual pizza too LOL :D:

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And all you can eat WINGS!! The best part is they're zero Calories and zero Fat Smile

- Unknown Author

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

If they struggle with and barely beat Anaheim, things are not looking good at all. I am thinking SJ would be considered lucky to survive the Ducks, Hillier has been playing well and SJ is lacking the bite they had in the regular season.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm starting to think that the Sharks are running on fumed or something. It's strange, but a friend of mine who's a hockey coach for a AAA midget team in the city made a great point about this series thus far:

It's not like Sharks are playing badly or boinking the dog so to speak. They are playing mostly to the same level they did in the regular season; they just didn't expect to run into a goalie who's smokin' hot right now in Hillier.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Doesn't that sound familiar though Cronie? Ottawa had some great regular seasons then ran into the "HOT" goalie and that was what did us in. I don't buy it. If the Sharks want to be legitimate as an elite team then they need to get past that crap.

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh, I'm not saying that's completely what's going on, but Hillier is certainly standing on his head...

Marleau hasn't been the beast he was in the regular season thus far this series and the team itself looks a little confuddled out there...
There are times where they look completely dumbfounded, like they can't believe they have to WORK for the win or something!?!

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Doesn't that sound familiar though Cronie? Ottawa had some great regular seasons then ran into the "HOT" goalie and that was what did us in. I don't buy it. If the Sharks want to be legitimate as an elite team then they need to get past that crap.

:KJK:

That 'crap'--as you put it--is Luongo, Lundqvist and any other hot goalie you care to name.

Elite teams are foiled by hot goalies in the playoffs all the time. Suggest you go back and check your history on this one, Cap'n.
Wink

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Doesn't that sound familiar though Cronie? Ottawa had some great regular seasons then ran into the "HOT" goalie and that was what did us in. I don't buy it. If the Sharks want to be legitimate as an elite team then they need to get past that crap.

That 'crap'--as you put it--is Luongo, Lundqvist and any other hot goalie you care to name.

Elite teams are foiled by hot goalies in the playoffs all the time. Suggest you go back and check your history on this one, Cap'n.
Wink

With the Sharks history they can't fall back on that excuse right or wrong. Same with the Sens of past seasons. At least San Jose has an elite tender in Nabokov.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:

Wink

Luongo couldn't get past the Ducks. Lundqvist didn't get the Rangers very far last season either. It does happen for sure but to have a top performer in the Regular season go out early again isn't about a Hot goalie.

- Unknown Author

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

cool)
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Wink

Luongo couldn't get past the Ducks. Lundqvist didn't get the Rangers very far last season either. It does happen for sure but to have a top performer in the Regular season go out early again isn't about a Hot goalie.

As I said...elite teams are foiled in the playoffs by hot goaltenders all the time. A regular and frequent occurence...to be more precise.

cool)

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:cool)
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Wink

As I said...elite teams are foiled in the playoffs by hot goaltenders all the time. A regular and frequent occurence...to be more precise.

cool)

How often is the same Elite team foiled repeated in succession?

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum