GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Colaiacavo injured...again.

+4
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
wprager
Riprock
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Colaiacavo injured...again. - Page 2 Empty Re: Colaiacavo injured...again. Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:34 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Soon to be Fisher.

17Colaiacavo injured...again. - Page 2 Empty Re: Colaiacavo injured...again. Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:16 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

True...he must already be part of that list. Spezza too.

18Colaiacavo injured...again. - Page 2 Empty Re: Colaiacavo injured...again. Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:23 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:True...he must already be part of that list. Spezza too.

Here it is:

http://www.dobberhockey.com/content/view/142/51/

Both Fisher and Spezza are "Certified Band Aid Boys," as is Colaiacovo. I think it'll be a while before anyone displaces Havlat, Connolly, and Gaborik from their executive spots.

19Colaiacavo injured...again. - Page 2 Empty Re: Colaiacavo injured...again. Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:38 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Spezza? That's odd. If he gets injured he misses a few games.

20Colaiacavo injured...again. - Page 2 Empty Re: Colaiacavo injured...again. Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:47 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:Spezza? That's odd. If he gets injured he misses a few games.

We're talking about the guy who injured himself getting out of the car on the way to get groceries... remember?

21Colaiacavo injured...again. - Page 2 Empty Re: Colaiacavo injured...again. Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:50 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, but I'd harldy lump him in the same category as Havlat and Carlo, or Forskinberg.

22Colaiacavo injured...again. - Page 2 Empty Re: Colaiacavo injured...again. Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:13 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:Yeah, but I'd harldy lump him in the same category as Havlat and Carlo, or Forskinberg.

I hear you to an extent, but... look at that list of injuries and tell me you don't see a pattern:

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/Jason_Spezza/

23Colaiacavo injured...again. - Page 2 Empty Re: Colaiacavo injured...again. Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:26 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Nevermind, I see your point now... He's never made it past 78 games as an Ottawa Senator, though the lockout year he played 80 in Binghamton.

He misses on average 9.75 games/year, still not extremely bad.

24Colaiacavo injured...again. - Page 2 Empty Re: Colaiacavo injured...again. Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:01 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

"The big thing with Carlo, and I tell him every day, you're not in very good shape and that's your fault. And it leads to all the other issues you had in the past," said Wilson.
-From an interview, available on Sportsnet.ca

That would eb the second player from the Leafs (former Leaf Wellwood) to have his fitness and conditioning questioned.

25Colaiacavo injured...again. - Page 2 Empty Re: Colaiacavo injured...again. Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:04 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I hear what you're saying about Spezza being injury prone, but I don't see him as one of the NHLs leading "glass men".

I can't really justify that with any sort of argument, it's just not how I see him. Fisher seems to be more of the "glass" variety.

26Colaiacavo injured...again. - Page 2 Empty Re: Colaiacavo injured...again. Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:20 pm

mattshock wrote:I hear what you're saying about Spezza being injury prone, but I don't see him as one of the NHLs leading "glass men".

I can't really justify that with any sort of argument, it's just not how I see him. Fisher seems to be more of the "glass" variety.
Thick glass, but glass none the less.

27Colaiacavo injured...again. - Page 2 Empty Re: Colaiacavo injured...again. Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:57 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah, you could make that argument I suppose. He definitely has an injury history.

28Colaiacavo injured...again. - Page 2 Empty Re: Colaiacavo injured...again. Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:42 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Plexiglas.

29Colaiacavo injured...again. - Page 2 Empty Re: Colaiacavo injured...again. Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:32 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Did you guys hear Wilson rip Colaiacovo? Said he was out of shape and that's why he's getting injured all the time. HA HA! Pulling no punches...

30Colaiacavo injured...again. - Page 2 Empty Re: Colaiacavo injured...again. Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:37 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Did you guys hear Wilson rip Colaiacovo? Said he was out of shape and that's why he's getting injured all the time. HA HA! Pulling no punches...

He's probably right, but his timing is not. The guy got a puck in the foot or ankle. A little fat down there probably would have helped. Unless he's saying he's so out of shape he can't even "Flamingo" at an NHL-pace.

31Colaiacavo injured...again. - Page 2 Empty Re: Colaiacavo injured...again. Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:35 pm

DashRiprock wrote:Plexiglas.
Fiberglass

32Colaiacavo injured...again. - Page 2 Empty Re: Colaiacavo injured...again. Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:55 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:Plexiglas.
Fiberglass

Prop glass.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: