GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Flames' player with the biggest impact on the Franchise?

TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Vote_lcap25%TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Vote_lcap214%TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Vote_rcap2 14% [ 3 ]
TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Vote_lcap227%TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Vote_rcap2 27% [ 6 ]
TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Vote_lcap20%TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Vote_lcap20%TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Vote_lcap25%TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Vote_lcap236%TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Vote_rcap2 36% [ 8 ]
TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Vote_lcap213%TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Vote_rcap2 13% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 22

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Empty TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:06 pm

This is the first franchise without a goalie. the only one considered was Dan Bouchard. My pick was Al MacInnis, Followed closely by Theo.

2TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Empty Re: TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:08 pm

Really? Even Mike Vernon?

3TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Empty Re: TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:10 pm

he wasnt that good with Calgary. Bouchard was excellent(all things considered) with Atlanta.

4TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Empty Re: TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:25 pm

Ya, he won 236 Regular season games and a Stanley Cup, but OK.

5TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Empty Re: TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:32 pm

vancanuck1 wrote:Ya, he won 236 Regular season games and a Stanley Cup, but OK.
both his GAA and S% were nothing special, and he hardly had the effect on the franchise these players did. The cup was hardly his earning.

6TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Empty Re: TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:39 pm

Without that toe save in round one against the Canucks in 89, the flames dont win. Simple as that. He played unreal that year.

7TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Empty Re: TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:45 pm

Hey man, its your list, your rules. But all I know is just about every goalie's GAA and Save % was high in the 80's. I'm sure if you asked people in Calgary they would disagree with you as well, he meant alot to the community being a homegrown boy and all.

I cant believe Im actually debating for the Flames..... what has this world come to?

8TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Empty Re: TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:00 pm

Ya I was shocked Vernon wanst on there ether.

9TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Empty Re: TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:33 pm

if enough people voted for other, I'd redo the poll and include Vernon.

10TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Empty Re: TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:10 am

I dont think many, if any, will vote for Vernon, but he at least should have been included in this.

11TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Empty Re: TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:15 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I too voted Other. Vernon tops my list. I was a HUGE Flames fan in the 80's. Went through the heart ache of losing in 86 and then staying up late for the OT games in 89, watching some unreal glove saves.

- Unknown Author

12TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Empty Re: TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:55 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Lots of great choices.

It came down to McDonald, Vernon, and Iginla for me.

13TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Empty Re: TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lanny!

14TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Empty Re: TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:44 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

I had to pick Iggy... Is there anyone more valuable to their team in today's NHL than him?

15TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Empty Re: TBOFS-Atlanta Flames/Calgary Flames Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:51 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:I had to pick Iggy... Is there anyone more valuable to their team in today's NHL than him?

#8 comes to mind.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum