GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stamkos Gets First Point

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Stamkos Gets First Point Empty Stamkos Gets First Point Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:20 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Don't know if it's been mentioned but the non-North-East forums have been looking a little dead lately. Smile

Steven Stamkos got an assist last night off of a Vinny Lecavalier PP goal for his first NHL point, earning applause from the Toronto audience.

Lecavalier stole the show, however, with two highlight reel goals.

The Tampa powerplay unit, which was 29th in the league prior to this game, is comprised of:

Ranger - St. Louis
Stamkos - Lecavalier - Prospal

2Stamkos Gets First Point Empty Re: Stamkos Gets First Point Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:11 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Don't know if it's been mentioned but the non-North-East forums have been looking a little dead lately. Smile

Steven Stamkos got an assist last night off of a Vinny Lecavalier PP goal for his first NHL point, earning applause from the Toronto audience.

The Tampa powerplay unit, which was 29th in the league prior to this game, is comprised of:

Ranger - St. Louis

I was watching pieces of that game and thinking to myself, all those assets for Carle and Mezsaros, and you don't put them on the 1st PP unit to save face? Well done.

I wonder how much guys like Lecavalier miss Boyle right about now?

3Stamkos Gets First Point Empty Re: Stamkos Gets First Point Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:38 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Don't know if it's been mentioned but the non-North-East forums have been looking a little dead lately. Smile

Ranger - St. Louis

Anyone else surprised Carle and/or Meszaros aren't on that unit?

4Stamkos Gets First Point Empty Re: Stamkos Gets First Point Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:41 pm

PKC wrote:

Ranger - St. Louis

both of them would make fine choices. except for Mez, he sucks

5Stamkos Gets First Point Empty Re: Stamkos Gets First Point Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:49 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:

Ranger - St. Louis

As I recall Richards used to play the point for them on the PP, so having four forwards is nothing new.

I suppose this is so that they can get IMO their three best forwards out in Prospal, Vinny and St. Louis, and get Stamkos some time in the hope that it can instill some confidence in him. Ranger is their best defenceman IMO, so he's the logical choice in the other spot.

6Stamkos Gets First Point Empty Re: Stamkos Gets First Point Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:15 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Ranger - St. Louis

Lecavalier looked possessed in that game!! Dominant begins to describe it.

7Stamkos Gets First Point Empty Re: Stamkos Gets First Point Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:52 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Stamkos collects his first two NHL goals, and another assist, tonight in a win over Buffalo.

8Stamkos Gets First Point Empty Re: Stamkos Gets First Point Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:09 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Good to see this kid get going. I'm not sure what expectations are on the guy, but 1 point in a month probably isn't meeting them.

9Stamkos Gets First Point Empty Re: Stamkos Gets First Point Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:11 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:Good to see this kid get going. I'm not sure what expectations are on the guy, but 1 point in a month probably isn't meeting them.

Yeah I watched a bit of the his game last night, and he looked to be starting to fit in, he did still make a couple of easy rookie mistakes, but overall he was solid.. I still stick by my prediction that he'll end up with around 60 points this year..

10Stamkos Gets First Point Empty Re: Stamkos Gets First Point Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:15 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I had him pegged for around 50.

He was drafted in the first round of my fantasy draft :lol!:

But then again, this is the same pool in which Kipprusoff went 1st overall scratch

11Stamkos Gets First Point Empty Re: Stamkos Gets First Point Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:24 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:I had him pegged for around 50.

He was drafted in the first round of my fantasy draft :lol!:

But then again, this is the same pool in which Kipprusoff went 1st overall scratch

What kind of people were you playing with? LOL

although Kiprusoff did go first round in our pool, Stamkos didn't even get picked.. and we were 11 of us! Wow with all the sure fire players out there the first round you'd think these picks would be no brainers...

12Stamkos Gets First Point Empty Re: Stamkos Gets First Point Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:07 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Have you guys been watching Voracek and Brassard in Columbus?

13Stamkos Gets First Point Empty Re: Stamkos Gets First Point Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:22 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Voracek last I checked was making quite the Calder push. Brassard: nope.

14Stamkos Gets First Point Empty Re: Stamkos Gets First Point Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:26 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

mattshock wrote:Voracek last I checked was making quite the Calder push. Brassard: nope.

Brassard has two more points than Voracek right now...

15Stamkos Gets First Point Empty Re: Stamkos Gets First Point Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:28 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Let me clarify: I wasn't disputing Brassard's performance, I was just saying to

Have you guys been watching Voracek and Brassard in Columbus?

that I was not following him. Wink

Sounds like they could be an interesting story to follow, and I plan on looking into it later.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum