GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lee sent back to Bingo...

+8
Hayden
mattshock
shabbs
Riprock
beedub
PTFlea
SensGirl11
smash88
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:15 pm

Hayden wrote:J Bo has played in 1 playoff in his junior/NHL career - I do not think he is the saviour everyone thinks he is.

Lee already has more playoff games under his belt.

You can make the same arguement for Luongo when he was traded, same with Jokinen, and anyone else who was stuck in Florida.

Fact of the matter is, J Bo has no one there to help him out on the back end, and even less up front. That is a joke of a franchise. He was still part of the world jr.s are 16 with Spezza, and has all the tallent in the world to be a top 5 D in this league.

J Bo may not be the saviour, but he is exactly the type of player that this team needs and fills the biggest need this team has.

47Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:18 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
504Heater wrote:You'll like what shakes out of this, I guarantee it.
Know something we don't?

Wink

Smile No, but I do know that right now Brian Lee needs 23 minutes a night and he needs to be running the PP - somewhere. That place wasn't here, so he gets some more time to mature and hone his skills. When he comes up, I have a feeling he gets right up into the top 4 and starts feeling more comfortable.

This is essentially his final demotion of his career (I would expect), so all he has to do is take it, learn and run with it.

48Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:22 pm

504Heater wrote:
shabbs wrote:
504Heater wrote:You'll like what shakes out of this, I guarantee it.
Know something we don't?

Wink

Smile No, but I do know that right now Brian Lee needs 23 minutes a night and he needs to be running the PP - somewhere. That place wasn't here, so he gets some more time to mature and hone his skills. When he comes up, I have a feeling he gets right up into the top 4 and starts feeling more comfortable.

This is essentially his final demotion of his career (I would expect), so all he has to do is take it, learn and run with it.

Karlsson, D. Smith, Bass, Lee, Elliot, Folingo. Thats all you need to know. Less than 100 NHL games combined and these r the kids that will be supporting, Fisher, Alfi, Heatley, Spezza, Phillips and A train. This team going forward has all the pieces to be a contender year in and out.

Fans r gonna have to be patient.

49Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:29 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:
Hayden wrote:J Bo has played in 1 playoff in his junior/NHL career - I do not think he is the saviour everyone thinks he is.

You can make the same arguement for Luongo when he was traded, same with Jokinen, and anyone else who was stuck in Florida.

Fact of the matter is, J Bo has no one there to help him out on the back end, and even less up front. That is a joke of a franchise. He was still part of the world jr.s are 16 with Spezza, and has all the tallent in the world to be a top 5 D in this league.

J Bo may not be the saviour, but he is exactly the type of player that this team needs and fills the biggest need this team has.

Martin Gerber disagrees with you.

50Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:32 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:Karlsson, D. Smith, Bass, Lee, Elliot, Folingo. Thats all you need to know. Less than 100 NHL games combined and these r the kids that will be supporting, Fisher, Alfi, Heatley, Spezza, Phillips and A train. This team going forward has all the pieces to be a contender year in and out.

Fans r gonna have to be patient.

I'm psyched about all those kids.

I really think Ruslan Bashkirov has the offensive talents to make it in a few years (he really stood out in the SuperSeries), Ilya Zubov is producing, and I've heard good things about Mattias Karlsson too. For a team that has contended for so long, our farm doesn't get nearly enough cred.

51Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:34 pm

mattbond wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Martin Gerber disagrees with you.

Aside from Luongo, I would take J Bo, over Gerber being replaces. There is no way the goaltending is more of a problem right now then a puck moving D man. I cant stand Gerber, but a puck mover is the biggest hole, no doubt in my mind. Gerber cant get the puck to the forwards, and neither can anyone else on our blue line.

52Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:27 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

This move makes sense if it can help Lee get some more confidence and play a larger role. I still think I would rather see Schubert go back on defence and have Donovan on the 4th line than see Richardson go in. He may be a good teacher for Picard.

53Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:42 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:I think there's a transaction coming. We just opened up 1.3 million more in cap space with Lee's demotion, we could stand a real D-man down there no offense Richardson).

Let's not get hasty. This could just be a 5 or 10 game demotion, one designed to get Lee more playing time and re-build his confidence, and then re-call him. Don't treat this as the final word on Lee this season.

54Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:53 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Berard? Not very good defensively...but can move the puck very well!

55Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:34 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Berard could be had for under $1-million, and he's had a hard time finding a full time job in Columbus, Philly, and wherever else he ended up.... he's not the best, or even safety pick up. I also think there's too much animosity bewteen the Sens and him.

No offence for suggesting it, but there are better options to look at, even if it means giving up something.

56Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

Let's not get hasty. This could just be a 5 or 10 game demotion, one designed to get Lee more playing time and re-build his confidence, and then re-call him. Don't treat this as the final word on Lee this season.

Quite true. Although I think it's more like December before Lee comes back, you have a point.

57Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

COLLAR UP wrote:Berard? Not very good defensively...but can move the puck very well!

The fact that he's legally blind in one eye makes me a little nervous, but yes, he would be a great PP QB. So would Cory Murphy (no I will not get off that bandwagon).

58Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:44 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Or is it on the wagon? Or you could say "don't lift the lid off that pot!"

For those unaware... Hossa is responsible for Berard's blinding. Youtube it... it's life altering.

I hear Bouwmeester is available Wink

59Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:46 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

The fact that he's legally blind in one eye makes me a little nervous, but yes, he would be a great PP QB. So would Cory Murphy (no I will not get off that bandwagon).

Nor should you. I bet Murphy could be had for a song right now. FLA apparently put him on waivers a couple of weeks back.

Anyway, I wonder how Schubert feels about all this, especially Richardson moving up while he remains on the 4th line / cut list. That's quite the commentary on our faith in Schubert as a Dman, I'd say... 🇳🇴

EDIT: PS: anyone see Parros's beauty goal last night against Toskala?!? Wow! Soft hands, big 'stache: he's so my hero.

60Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:Or is it on the wagon? Or you could say "don't lift the lid off that pot!"

For those unaware... Hossa is responsible for Berard's blinding. Youtube it... it's life altering.

I hear Bouwmeester is available Wink

I was there. I saw that happen, scary stuff.

61Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Nor should you. I bet Murphy could be had for a song right now. FLA apparently put him on waivers a couple of weeks back.

Anyway, I wonder how Schubert feels about all this, especially Richardson moving up while he remains on the 4th line / cut list. That's quite the commentary on our faith in Schubert as a Dman, I'd say... 🇳🇴

EDIT: PS: anyone see Parros's beauty goal last night against Toskala?!? Wow! Soft hands, big 'stache: he's so my hero.

Yeah, we should've grabbed him. I was surprised no one did.

62Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:56 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

[quote="rooneypoo"]
504Heater wrote:EDIT: PS: anyone see Parros's beauty goal last night against Toskala?!? Wow! Soft hands, big 'stache: he's so my hero.

Beauty!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum