GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - GAME 4 - Ottawa Senators vs Winnipeg Jets - 2021

+4
DefenceWinsChampionships
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laine sounds doubtful for the Jets, Stutzle sounds doubtful for Ottawa.

Anisimov was on the 5th line at practice, so White will likely come in for him.

Notes from last game:

Stepan continues to be sub 50% on the dot, but then, all of Ottawa is, with the exception of Tierney.

Stepan is a player I think we can all agree needs to drive towards the net and let his wingers (usually Stutzle and Dadinov) make the plays. He's not paid to be a fancy player, he needs to draw defenders to the net aggressively to be successful - and so far, he's done precious little of that.

Paquette is still finding his place in the lineup, but he needs to be better as well, or he'll soon find himself on the 5th line.

Anisismov needs to produce to stay in the lineup, no ifs ands or buts, it's time he put up some numbers. White needs reps and it'll be at his expense soon (if not immediately).

Reilly had a surprisingly solid game and I don't expect Smith to take him out anytime soon.

The GOOD:

Coburn has been a strong addition to the core. Quite surprising.

Gudbranson and Brown have been better than anticipated, clearing the net for Murray to see the play unimpeded.

Galchenyuk was excellent. Drove the play forward, created a huge chance on his first shift of the year and scored a rocket of a PP goal. I can't imagine him getting benched again unless he dogs it. A welcome addition and infusion of skill!

Norris looks a little outmatched at times (especially on the dot) and might need more AHL seasoning at some point, however...his line with Tkachuk and Batherson were possession demons Tuesday and have been all year - with the exception of the wet fart game vs Toronto.

Speaking of Batherson...here's a star blossoming right in front of our eyes. We knew he'd be good, but he's been excellent.

Tierney has been a pleasant surprise this year thus far, like a better face off version of Stepan. Good stuff.

I hope they're ready tonight. This is a team we should beat in theory (especially with Laine out), and hopefully the last 5 minutes of Tuesday's game serve as motivation to get it done.

Go Sens! Cheering

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:

Stepan continues to be sub 50% on the dot, but then, all of Ottawa is, with the exception of Tierney.

Stepan is a player I think we can all agree needs to drive towards the net and let his wingers (usually Stutzle and Dadinov) make the plays.  He's not paid to be a fancy player, he needs to draw defenders to the net aggressively to be successful - and so far, he's done precious little of that.

I don’t know if you’ve even seen Stepan play before this season if you are expecting him to do that. Most players that are acquired for a 2nd would probably be that kind of player, but that’s besides the point.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens leaving Murray out to dry tonight. Aside from the first goal. Whatever, this one is over

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Our additions aren't looking great tonight. The Glachenyuk-Stepan-Dadonov line has been garbage, Josh Brown isn't very good, and Murray's first goal against was awful. Meanwhile Gudbranson is -2, Paquette -2, and Colin White has a team low 7:17 at the time of this post - a full minute less than Galchenyuk. Not a good night

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Brutal game, lots of work to do. I wonder if they practice tomorrow before they fly to Winnipeg.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Keep playing the new vets. All great trades. Quite the culture the young guys are learning from them. At least they are protecting our youth from other teams taking liberties with our young. How did Stutzle look tonight?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Sens leaving Murray out to dry tonight. Aside from the first goal. Whatever, this one is over

Well, he has proven to be a sub 900 goalie so not sure what you expected?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:Brutal game, lots of work to do. I wonder if they practice tomorrow before they fly to Winnipeg.

Played very well in 2 out of 4 games so far. Gonna be a roller coaster all year. Just sit a few guys next game to keep the rotation going.

Also trade for Dubois ASAP

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Keep playing the new vets. All great trades. Quite the culture the young guys are learning from them. At least they are protecting our youth from other teams taking liberties with our young. How did Stutzle look tonight?

He looked fantastic. Although his new nickname is Cussing dumb

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ya know, you used to be controversial but knowledgeable. Now you're mostly annoying. It appears you think you are funny, but appearances can be deceptive.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It was too much for me, man. I couldn't take it anymore. And when i start getting messages about members leaving because of it...well, we only have like 8 active members, we're pretty much a club and we don't need to lose anyone over that.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:It was too much for me, man.  I couldn't take it anymore.  And when i start getting messages about members leaving because of it...well, we only have like 8 active members, we're pretty much a club and we don't need to lose anyone over that.

Did somebody get themselves banned?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:It was too much for me, man.  I couldn't take it anymore.  And when i start getting messages about members leaving because of it...well, we only have like 8 active members, we're pretty much a club and we don't need to lose anyone over that.

Yes. I was him or like...half of our members, so it was the easiest decision ever. Smile

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Yes.  I was him or like...half of our members, so it was the easiest decision ever. Smile

It's too bad really...he used to be able to have a reasonable conversation, but the past couple month devolved into never ending troll posts, to the point where I put him on my "foes" list so it just auto-hid all his posts.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Yes.  I was him or like...half of our members, so it was the easiest decision ever. Smile

It's too bad really...he used to be able to have a reasonable conversation, but the past couple month devolved into never ending troll posts, to the point where I put him on my "foes" list so it just auto-hid all his posts.

It seems to me like he was bitter at the Senators themselves for not hiring him as a draft consultant or something. He put way too much effort in hating the team and their decisions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum