GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - GAME 4 - Ottawa Senators vs Winnipeg Jets - 2021

+4
DefenceWinsChampionships
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

So frustrating that we couldn't pull out a win on a night where Hellebuyck was struggling.

As some of you mentioned there are some changes that are needed. There's no reason to leave a vet in if a younger player can do just as well or outperform them. I'd rather give White the chance to succeed by playing him than having him watch the game. We know that our future is with the young core, Paquette, Anisimov, etc. can sit for awhile and let's see what L. Brown, White and Brannstrom can do.

Also, nice to see the success Nick Paul is having. I always thought he'd missed his chance but he's finally found his groove. Could we see the same happen with L. Brown in the next few years?

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's gonna be a long season lol....3 straight losses to Winnipeg does not bode well for playing some of the other, better teams.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That was definitely a frustrating night.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:It's gonna be a long season lol....3 straight losses to Winnipeg does not bode well for playing some of the other, better teams.

Winnipeg is the 2nd best in the Division and that is where they were projected by most analysts. Even with Laine out they have a very deep forward lineup and a Vezina recipient in goal.

And if not for that meddling head coach we would have won the first game going away and then, who knows.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've been following the UND highlights on YouTube and JBD is more NHL ready then Sanderson. Neither one of likely getting any NHL time until UND's season is over.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Brannstrom hasn't played in quite a while. Would be very surprised if he sees NHL until after he's had at least a couple weeks in the AHL. And that won't be for a while.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:It's gonna be a long season lol....3 straight losses to Winnipeg does not bode well for playing some of the other, better teams.

Winnipeg is the 2nd best in the Division and that is where they were projected by most analysts. Even with Laine out they have a very deep forward lineup and a Vezina recipient in goal.

And if not for that meddling head coach we would have won the first game going away and then, who knows.

Which analysts? I didn’t see that anywhere at all.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Stepan centering the 4th line tonight with Watson and Galchenyuk on the wings. I'd have much rather that line be Balcers-l.brown-white. This one is on dorion. Line of plugs tonight

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Stepan centering the 4th line tonight with Watson and Galchenyuk on the wings. I'd have much rather that line be Balcers-l.brown-white. This one is on dorion. Line of plugs tonight

Watson is far from a plug. Balcers is a nobody. Just be patient and you'll see some other young players soon.

Stepan will obviously move up again. He's still getting his legs under him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think white should play however I have no problem giving guys like anisimov and paquette 10 games to show their worth. Veterans should start right away and force themselves out. 5 games isn’t enough to determine anything yet.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we claim Ennis on waivers

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:I think white should play however I have no problem giving guys like anisimov and paquette 10 games to show their worth. Veterans should start right away and force themselves out. 5 games isn’t enough to determine anything yet.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we claim Ennis on waivers

I would be. We have enough players as it is including our taxi squad

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I miss ennis.  A guy that was worth re signing

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What are the lines tonight?