GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Team standing 2019-20

+3
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Team standing 2019-20 Empty Team standing 2019-20 Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:45 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So here’s our chance again to show we are wizards in the art of predictions.

Rank them like it finishes in time for the playoffs with a tie breaker of who finishes dead last in the league.

I will go first.

Atl
Tampa bay
Toronto
Boston

Met
Washington
Carolina
Philadelphia

Wild cards
Florida
New Jersey

Cen
Dallas
Colorado
St. Louis

Pac
Vegas
Calgary
San Jose

Wildcards
Nashville
Arizona

Dead last in the league...: Detroit.

2Team standing 2019-20 Empty Re: Team standing 2019-20 Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:05 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ATL

Tampa
TOR
BOS

MET
WASHINGTON
PHILLY
PITTSBURGH

WILDCARDS
FLORIDA
CAROLINA

CENTRAL
DALLAS
COLORADO
NASHVILLE

PACIFIC
VEGAS
SAN JOSE
CALGARY

WC
ST LOUIS
WINNIPEG

PRESIDENT'S TROPHY: TB
LAST IN LEAGUE: OTTAWA

3Team standing 2019-20 Empty Re: Team standing 2019-20 Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:10 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

ATL

Tampa
BOS
TOR

MET
WASHINGTON
CAR
PHILLY

WILDCARDS
PITTSBURGH
MONTREAL

CENTRAL

COLORADO
DALLAS
NASHVILLE

PACIFIC
VEGAS
CALGARY
SAN JOSE

WC
ST LOUIS
Arizona

PRESIDENT'S TROPHY: Vegas
LAST IN LEAGUE: Columbus, Detroit, Ottawa battle for last in the league.

Colorado or Vegas wins the cup. Toronto loses in the first round or fails to make the playoffs.

4Team standing 2019-20 Empty Re: Team standing 2019-20 Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:22 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

At this point, I think The cup either goes to Dallas, Vegas, Colorado or Nashville. I think Nashville might struggle a little in the regular season but Poile has to go all in at this point. Might push all his chips in.
This obviously depends on how things play out and who acquires who in the season but I feel like it’s going to stay in the west this year. Too many more complete teams than out east.

5Team standing 2019-20 Empty Re: Team standing 2019-20 Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:24 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Everyone has montreal in(apart from me) to make the playoffs. I don’t get it. They overachieved last year. I expect some players to step back plus they are gonna transition a lot of youth in this year and youth make mistakes. I see them landing more or less at the same place as last year. Within spitting distance of the playoffs.

6Team standing 2019-20 Empty Re: Team standing 2019-20 Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:56 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Everyone has montreal in(apart from me) to make the playoffs. I don’t get it. They overachieved last year. I expect some players to step back plus they are gonna transition a lot of youth in this year and youth make mistakes. I see them landing more or less at the same place as last year. Within spitting distance of the playoffs.

I don't recall putting them in.

7Team standing 2019-20 Empty Re: Team standing 2019-20 Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:59 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I hate to say it but, I see Calgary taking a big step backwards this season. A lot of players had career years. I don't see Giordano having another Norris type season at his age. I see goaltending being a question mark and Lucic makes them worse not better. I hope I'm wrong but, I think Calgary is fighting for a wild card spot. Might do them some good though rather than coasting to the playoffs.

- Unknown Author

8Team standing 2019-20 Empty Re: Team standing 2019-20 Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:18 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Atlantic
TB
BOS
TOR
FLA
MTL

Metropolitan
WAS
CAR
NJ

Central
STL
NAS
WIN
DAL
COL

Pacific
VEG
CAL
SJ

Dead last
OTT

9Team standing 2019-20 Empty Re: Team standing 2019-20 Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:15 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Everyone has montreal in(apart from me) to make the playoffs. I don’t get it. They overachieved last year. I expect some players to step back plus they are gonna transition a lot of youth in this year and youth make mistakes. I see them landing more or less at the same place as last year. Within spitting distance of the playoffs.

I don't recall putting them in.

mmmhhh, i thought you did. good job Sarcasm

10Team standing 2019-20 Empty Re: Team standing 2019-20 Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:24 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I hate to say it but, I see Calgary taking a big step backwards this season.  A lot of players had career years.  I don't see Giordano having another Norris type season at his age.  I see goaltending being a question mark and Lucic makes them worse not better.  I hope I'm wrong but, I think Calgary is fighting for a wild card spot.  Might do them some good though rather than coasting to the playoffs.

I think you might be right on all counts. I have them that high in the pacific because I have no faith in that division. there's nothing proven about goaltending and it will likely be average at best. I don't see a universe where Lucic redeems himself.
you never know though, Bennet could put it together. Tkachuk likely has risen to the heights he can but he could maintain it or maybe even top it a little. i'm sure treliving will also try to make the team stronger via trade.

11Team standing 2019-20 Empty Re: Team standing 2019-20 Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm steering clear of predictions.

12Team standing 2019-20 Empty Re: Team standing 2019-20 Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:48 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I'm steering clear of predictions.

but you have a fairly good record IIRC?

13Team standing 2019-20 Empty Re: Team standing 2019-20 Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:49 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Atlantic
TB
BOS
TOR
FLA
MTL

Metropolitan
WAS
CAR
NJ

Central
STL
NAS
WIN
DAL
COL

Pacific
VEG
CAL
SJ

Dead last
OTT

that"s your order of teams? colorado and dallas in wildcard spots? mmmhhh ok...

14Team standing 2019-20 Empty Re: Team standing 2019-20 Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:44 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:I'm steering clear of predictions.

but you have a fairly good record IIRC?

I always went with my heart, picking the Senators to be well ahead of where they actually were. I've been right about Buffalo and Florida never living up to expectations, but that's about it.

15Team standing 2019-20 Empty Re: Team standing 2019-20 Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:07 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:ATL

Tampa
BOS
TOR

MET
WASHINGTON
CAR
PHILLY

WILDCARDS
PITTSBURGH
MONTREAL

CENTRAL

COLORADO
DALLAS
NASHVILLE

PACIFIC
VEGAS
CALGARY
SAN JOSE

WC
ST LOUIS
Arizona

PRESIDENT'S TROPHY: Vegas
LAST IN LEAGUE: Columbus, Detroit, Ottawa battle for last in the league.

Colorado or Vegas wins the cup. Toronto loses in the first round or fails to make the playoffs.

I also Edmonton squeaking into a wildcard spot and Pittsburgh falling out in the east

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum