GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which rule change will have the biggest impact for 2019/20?

4 posters

Which rule change will have the biggest impact for 2019/20?

Which rule change will have the biggest impact for 2019/20? Vote_lcap275%Which rule change will have the biggest impact for 2019/20? Vote_rcap2 75% [ 3 ]
Which rule change will have the biggest impact for 2019/20? Vote_lcap225%Which rule change will have the biggest impact for 2019/20? Vote_rcap2 25% [ 1 ]
Which rule change will have the biggest impact for 2019/20? Vote_lcap20%Which rule change will have the biggest impact for 2019/20? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Which rule change will have the biggest impact for 2019/20? Vote_lcap20%Which rule change will have the biggest impact for 2019/20? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Check the article below for a break down of the new rules.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-announces-rule-changes-for-2019-20-season/c-307949196

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

IMO it's the penalties awarded if coach challenges are unsuccessful. we'll likely see fewer coach challenges and see scoring totals go up(either because the coach won't challenge or because an extra penalty will be called if unsuccessful.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

I think you may see more set plays with puck out of bounds and event power play with the attacking team choosing the faceoff side

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:IMO it's the penalties awarded if coach challenges are unsuccessful. we'll likely see fewer coach challenges and see scoring totals go up(either because the coach won't challenge or because an extra penalty will be called if unsuccessful.

I definitely think you'll see less coaches challenges and they may actually only challenge if they truly believe it's worth it rather than just rolling the dice and hoping they win and get a goal called back.

It became a joke and I'm glad it's changed.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I voted coach's challenge (obviously, since it's 100%). But I still think they could do better. On one end of the spectrum, make *everything* reviewable, but penalize wrong challenges as they do in the new rule. If a call (or non call) is wrong then what's wrong with fixing it?

At the other end of the spectrum, *no* coach's challenges at all, but give the refs incentives to question their own decisions (out those of the other officials). Keep stats on referees' challenges (negative points for wrong challenges, positive points for right challenges, safe thing for correct or incorrect calls that were challenged).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum