GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 61 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:AHL regular season and playoffs officially cancelled

Really Cussing sucks for Belleville. They had it all coming together for a championship, and they could've really used that publicity to draw more fans.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Mike Futa is one of the best and most respected amateur scouts and is available after leaving LA. He will get an AGM job somewhere soon I’d imagine. Maybe even GM.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:AHL regular season and playoffs officially cancelled

Really Cussing sucks for Belleville.  They had it all coming together for a championship, and they could've really used that publicity to draw more fans.  

I always felt that Belleville would be too young to win. Next year they will still have a very strong team (I already mentioned it earlier that the Sens will not be able to reach the floor with more than a couple more ELCs in the lineup, which means only two, maybe 3 of the following in the lineup in Ottawa: Batherson, Norris, Brannstrom, Brown, Formenton, Balcers plus 2 top-five picks. Their defense should have a bit of an overhaul and goaltending could be stronger. They are still going to have a strong team plus more experience.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Mike Futa is one of the best and most respected amateur scouts and is available after leaving LA. He will get an AGM job somewhere soon I’d imagine. Maybe even GM.

i didn't hear about him leaving LA. when did this happen?

I'm pretty sure i've read that he's already interviewed for GM positions before.
i'm sure they'll be job offers waiting the minute he's available. at least AGM.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Really Cussing sucks for Belleville.  They had it all coming together for a championship, and they could've really used that publicity to draw more fans.  

I always felt that Belleville would be too young to win. Next year they will still have a very strong team (I already mentioned it earlier that the Sens will not be able to reach the floor with more than a couple more ELCs in the lineup, which means only two, maybe 3 of the following in the lineup in Ottawa: Batherson, Norris, Brannstrom, Brown, Formenton, Balcers plus 2 top-five picks.  Their defense should have a bit of an overhaul and goaltending could be stronger. They are still going to have a strong team plus more experience.

who knows really. Dorion had made a few trades to boost up the ranks at the end. I think they had a very decent shot.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Mike Futa is one of the best and most respected amateur scouts and is available after leaving LA. He will get an AGM job somewhere soon I’d imagine. Maybe even GM.

i didn't hear about him leaving LA. when did this happen?

I'm pretty sure i've read that he's already interviewed for GM positions before.
i'm sure they'll be job offers waiting the minute he's available. at least AGM.

Carolina, Edmonton, Minnesota, Buffalo have all interviewed him, Vegas tried I think. And maybe it’s not public knowledge yet. I’ve been away much of this past weekend. I can’t see him staying on until June 30th when his contract expires. He wants out now so I don’t think he will be helping with the Kings draft anymore.

Maybe I’m wrong. I heard it was h

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Some info re: Futa

https://hockeybuzz.com/blog/Ben-Shelley/SHORT-READ-Kings-wont-renew-Mike-Futas-contract/281/105604

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Has there been any update on the potential for a June draft? Last week it seemed like an announcement was imminent, but now I don't see any update about it.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Tons of pushback from teams. For the first time, Bettman wasn’t able to drive, steer and park the negotiations. Dolan and Jacobs weren’t happy with Bettman and those are two key players on the board.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

There's for sure going to be pushback but I think the draft still happens in June.

Pure speculation but ,y guess is the draft announcement is going to be tied to a playoff announcement so they are going to wait until the return-to-play committee agrees to a format. I think this happens after the long weekend, with players being told to travel to certain destinations for a two-week quarantine. By early June, the US will have eased a lot of restrictions and it would give some teams time to train.

My guess is we see the draft by end June and the playoffs start early July with AHL players being eligible to compete. I also think all the hubs will be in the US since Trump is advocating for the return of sports while Trudeau doesn't seem to want to ease restrictions any time soon despite Canadian uptake numbers being low *again* today and primarily contained to Montreal. But that's a conversation for another day Wink

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:There's for sure going to be pushback but I think the draft still happens in June.

Pure speculation but ,y guess is the draft announcement is going to be tied to a playoff announcement so they are going to wait until the return-to-play committee agrees to a format. I think this happens after the long weekend, with players being told to travel to certain destinations for a two-week quarantine. By early June, the US will have eased a lot of restrictions and it would give some teams time to train.  

My guess is we see the draft by end June and the playoffs start early July with AHL players being eligible to compete. I also think all the hubs will be in the US since Trump is advocating for the return of sports while Trudeau doesn't seem to want to ease restrictions any time soon despite Canadian uptake numbers being low *again* today and primarily contained to Montreal. But that's a conversation for another day Wink

yeah... great... Facepalm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:There's for sure going to be pushback but I think the draft still happens in June.

I don't know that they would announce it at the same time but it would make sense to have the rest of the playoffs and format announced. I feel the GM's message these days is much more one of resolute to a June draft whether they like it or not.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

yeah... great... Facepalm

Quebec continues to be the worst at pretty much everything.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Lebrun has a very good article on the Athletic  Dammit!  after his conversation with Daly about the draft and the season.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

I don't know that they would announce it at the same time but it would make sense to have the rest of the playoffs and format announced. I feel the GM's message these days is much more one of resolute to a June draft whether they like it or not.

You would want to issue a meaningful media release which to me means draft and playoff structure. The return-to-work committee met yesterday instead of their scheduled meeting today. I think they're trying to prep an announcement for this Friday before the long weekend- again only speculating - with a return to play after Independence Day.

24 team playoffs, 7 team lottery with original format (only 1 winner). Everybody wins IMO.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

You would want to issue a meaningful media release which to me means draft and playoff structure. The return-to-work committee met yesterday instead of their scheduled meeting today. I think they're trying to prep an announcement for this Friday before the long weekend- again only speculating - with a return to play after Independence Day.

24 team playoffs, 7 team lottery with original format (only 1 winner). Everybody wins IMO.

I also think Vancouver and Toronto (ugh) will be primary candidates for hubs in Canada. Ottawa would make a ton of sense too but I doubt they've been proposed as a potential city. Toronto would be nice because they have the facilities, accommodations and media but controlling moron fans may be an issue. Vancouver makes a ton of sense given their low transmission rates and post Olympic accommodations.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

I also think Vancouver and Toronto (ugh) will be primary candidates for hubs in Canada. Ottawa would make a ton of sense too but I doubt they've been proposed as a potential city. Toronto would be nice because they have the facilities, accommodations and media but controlling moron fans may be an issue. Vancouver makes a ton of sense given their low transmission rates and post Olympic accommodations.

I thought they were going for more "low key" locations than Toronto/Vancouver, but what do I know.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Relatively speaking BC has had the most success managing the virus, and Toronto given their population, is doing an excellent job too.

The last I read Canada has around 32,000 active cases. 82% of them are in Quebec. Ontario has been averaging less than 350 new cases per day over the last little bit, while Quebec is 700+. BC has less than 1,300 active case, Ontario about 3,600.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 61 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum