GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 55 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Kreidrer and Shestyorkin being out is tough to overcome. But Shestyorking came back much sooner than initially expected, so who knows. He wasn't very good last night but perhaps that's to be expected. He should get better.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

SJ lost Couture to injury again and that’s a good thing because the Sharks have been winning games with him in the lineup since he last returned from injury.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dung is very real for the islanders right now. A highly overrated team now faces a big time test. Our first from the isles...is gonna be a very interesting one.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:Dung is very real for the islanders right now.  A highly overrated team now faces a big time test.  Our first from the isles...is gonna be a very interesting one.

Meh, they have games in hand on everyone in the league and when they were healthy they were one of the best in the league. That cushion is almost gone now strictly looking at points, but 3 games in hand on some teams is deceiving.

They are right in a huge pack of teams points-wise and have a fairly even balance of opponents coming up comparably.

If they miss the playoffs, I don’t see their pick being much better than 14th or 15th overall. They will be one of the top two team points-wise to miss in my opinion.

It’s all good because another tier starts at 18. We should get someone from the grouping at 12th to 17th.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

My guess is we trade the Isles pick for someone young under contract

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:My guess is we trade the Isles pick for someone young under contract

Yes, or take Askarov or Quinn if they fall. I don't really care to add another decent forward, I'd rather get something proven or get the best goalie in years.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I can see the Isles 1st and a prospect traded for someone under 23 who can contribute in the top six or top-two. Not suggesting it would be him, but a Dylan Larkin type player with that type of contract would be perfect. I'd even look at trading with Florida for Spencer Knight (1st and Gustavsson).

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I see zero way Askarov falls. He’s gone no later than 11, but it will probably be before Perfetti and Gunler. 9th? Depending on the team even earlier.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chris Driedger playing lights out for the Panthers. Nice to see.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

2-1 final. Leafs feeling some heat, finally.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Leafs just 1 point up on Florida and they are playing Tampa tomorrow

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Leafs just 1 point up on Florida and they are playing Tampa tomorrow

I actually watched the Florida/St Louis game last night. My interest in watching hockey is renewed with the playoff races being so tight.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Friedman reporting Barzal may be offer-sheeted this summer and he may be inclined to sign with a team that gives him more offensive creativity.

Trade them back their pick, a prospect, and a 2nd Dorion!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Leafs just 1 point up on Florida and they are playing Tampa tomorrow

I actually watched the Florida/St Louis game last night.  My interest in watching hockey is renewed with the playoff races being so tight.

Yeah I saw the end. St louis did everything but score lol

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Friedman reporting Barzal may be offer-sheeted this summer and he may be inclined to sign with a team that gives him more offensive creativity.

Diddle yes please. As if they'd take that, but I'd so happily give them back everything they gave for pageau plus a little something, but I cant let go of batherson, Norris, formenton etc sadly

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Friedman reporting Barzal may be offer-sheeted this summer and he may be inclined to sign with a team that gives him more offensive creativity.

We hardly ever see offer sheets, but if we saw one here, I bet the Isles would match.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

Diddle yes please.  As if they'd take that, but I'd so happily give them back everything they gave for pageau plus a little something, but I cant let go of batherson, Norris, formenton etc sadly

well then, don't expect to make any deals happen then Laugh1

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

We hardly ever see offer sheets, but if we saw one here, I bet the Isles would match.

in a second.

that said, I'd love for Montreal to shoot themselves in the foot again against another GM with an offer sheet.

Laugh1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 55 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum