GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Canes with their best surge yet. They went trick or treating.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sharks...are legit bad with bad goaltending. We have a lightly used Anderson if they wish

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

You want Dorion to trade with Wilson again? Doesn’t even matter if it was to trade Anderson, Wilson would exhume Dorion’s soul and execute him once again.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:You want Dorion to trade with Wilson again? Doesn’t even matter if it was to trade Anderson, Wilson would exhume Dorion’s soul and execute him once again.

No, I really dont want them to trade.

Although....Karlsson returned Tierney who I think we might be able to squeeze a first out of, if not a 2nd plus decent prospect, demelo who has been solid, balcers who has show signs of life, norris who has been excellent to start his pro career and a former 1st, a 1st in a deep draft where the team happens to suck badly and a 2nd.

Not the worst haul ever for a pending ufa

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Geez that goal by svechnikov

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Talking about Norris, Mann the coach of Belleville is really extolling the virtues of him right now. Says he thinks he'll be in Ottawa - and soon. Has the drive, the skill, everything needed to succeed. Coming off off season surgery he isn't even at full speed yet, but will be an important part of Ottawa's team.

Paraphrasing of course, but pretty much that.
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200-1.1389134

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:You want Dorion to trade with Wilson again? Doesn’t even matter if it was to trade Anderson, Wilson would exhume Dorion’s soul and execute him once again.

Although....Karlsson returned Tierney who I think we might be able to squeeze a first out of, if not a 2nd plus decent prospect, demelo who has been solid, balcers who has show signs of life, norris who has been excellent to start his pro career and a former 1st, a 1st in a deep draft where the team happens to suck badly and a 2nd.

Hated it at the time but the Sens made out like bandits with the Karlsson trade.

Norris is going to be a stud and Tierney has been good for the Sens. Add in the 1st rd pick (trending top 10 right now), a 2nd, Balcers who can still be an effective 3rd liner, and De Melo it's not even close. Karlsson was never good defensively and he's getting older, and he's hurt, and he was an upcoming UFA.

Good trade.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Hated it at the time but the Sens made out like bandits with the Karlsson trade.

Norris is going to be a stud and Tierney has been good for the Sens. Add in the 1st rd pick (trending top 10 right now), a 2nd, Balcers who can still be an effective 3rd liner, and De Melo it's not even close. Karlsson was never good defensively and he's getting older, and he's hurt, and he was an upcoming UFA.

Good trade.

Oddly enough, this one is working. Strange how is comes around.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

To say "Karlsson was never good defensively" is 100% wrong. When he was ON, he was great defensively. He'd smoothly break up a play, retain possession, and start a rush going the other way.

That said, I agree, the trade is working out.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:To say "Karlsson was never good defensively" is 100% wrong.  When he was ON, he was great defensively.  He'd smoothly break up a play, retain possession, and start a rush going the other way.  

Tim, he's a career best +10 in a season where he put up 71 points. He was never great in the defensive zone. His speed allowed him to chase down players but positionally he wasn't good

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:To say "Karlsson was never good defensively" is 100% wrong.  When he was ON, he was great defensively.  He'd smoothly break up a play, retain possession, and start a rush going the other way.  

Tim, he's a career best +10 in a season where he put up 71 points. He was never great in the defensive zone. His speed allowed him to chase down players but positionally he wasn't good

He spent a good amount of time generating offence. Can you blame him just by looking at his stats? Kuba, Methot? It’s not like he was paired with anyone that resembled a top 4player. If anything he propped those guys up.
Kalrsson what much better than it’s made out to be defensively in his time in Ottawa.

It’s still a shame what happened and I do not believe that we’d be speaking this way would he still be out captain. He’s not the perfect player but he’d still be proabably a decent top 4 player for another 5-6 years.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tkachuk just scored an unreal goal with 1.4s to go in OT. Nashville led 4-1 in the third. Calgary tied it. Nashville goes ahead late. Tkachuk ties it even later, then the OT goal. Wow. Gotta see it to believe it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sounds exciting, I'll have to check tomorrow as I fell asleep

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Basically he is rushing the goal as a point shot is delivered. The rebound comes right back at him but a little behind, so he reaches back with his stick *better his legs* and one times it top corner.
Then he falls over as he pretty much canopener'd himself.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Tkachuk just scored an unreal goal with 1.4s to go in OT. Nashville led 4-1 in the third. Calgary tied it. Nashville goes ahead late. Tkachuk ties it even later, then the OT goal.  Wow. Gotta see it to believe it.

I've watched that replay a few times. Pretty sweet goal.

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Svechnikov: I’m gonna rule the highlight reels this week.
Tkachuk: hold my beer...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy cow, that takes skill

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Diaz or Gamebred tonight?

Sponsored content