GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2019/2020 Lineup Combos

+5
Flo The Action
wprager
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

762019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:16 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I haven't watched much of him but was told Connor brown has a lot of the same traits as Clark MacArthur in terms of puck handling. Any truth to this ?

Except better at scoring? Maybe his style of play, but he's a better scorer and a pretty adept passer too.

I don't see that comparison personally.

772019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:48 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I haven't watched much of him but was told Connor brown has a lot of the same traits as Clark MacArthur in terms of puck handling. Any truth to this ?

Except better at scoring?  Maybe his style of play, but he's a better scorer and a pretty adept passer too.

I'm not sure but I feel like one of you is talking about Connor while the other one is talking about Logan.

782019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:58 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm definitely telling about the former leaf

792019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh sorry, I totally misread that.

802019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Except better at scoring?  Maybe his style of play, but he's a better scorer and a pretty adept passer too.

I'm not sure but I feel like one of you is talking about Connor while the other one is talking about Logan.

Lol, I was talking about Kyle Connor. I don't know why I leapt to that assumption there.

812019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:11 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Lol, I was talking about Kyle Connor.  I don't know why I leapt to that assumption there.

That's okay. Kyle Connor is about to get paid!

822019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:47 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Should the Sens make a play for one of these RFA's? A few guys really impressed at camp and there is certainly no room for everyone this year or even going forward. I guy like Laine could really add a punch to the Sens and may not be all that expensive to add.

Rantanen, Marner, McAvoy, Tkachuk, Boeser are all off the table, but maybe Laine, Point, Connor or Konecny could be traded for? I look at teams with more than one RFA (Philly, Winnipeg) as possibilities.

832019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:49 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Balcers, Abramov, SJ 1st for Laine?

842019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:55 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Balcers, Abramov, SJ 1st for Laine?

This is cliche but that's not even close IMO. I'd do that in a heartbeat.

852019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laugh1 You're the best, really. You make me happy when I'm upset.

Turn it around. A no name prospect, a slightly less no name prospect and a mid to late 1st for Chabot?

862019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And I'm not making fun of you, I appreciate the proposals, but you have to remember Winnipeg doesn't have to do anything with Laine. Same with any of the RFAs. Now...a pending UFA can be had for pennies.

872019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:15 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

Laugh1  You're the best, really.  You make me happy when I'm upset.

Turn it around.  A no name prospect, a slightly less no name prospect and a mid to late 1st for Chabot?
I wouldn't consider them no name, but for a 21 year old RFA sniper it is not enough

882019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:16 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Fair. But when I look at what we got for Stone and Duchene, or to some extent Karlsson, is it really that far off? Two prospects (albeit tier 2's) and a 1st.

Whatever. I'm a dreamer I guess.

892019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:18 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:And I'm not making fun of you, I appreciate the proposals, but you have to remember Winnipeg doesn't have to do anything with Laine.  Same with any of the RFAs.  Now...a pending UFA can be had for pennies.

Laine would get them a bigger return than what was traded for Kalrsson IMO. More control over the player, can be traded anywhere...

902019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:24 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Fair. But when I look at what we got for Stone and Duchene, or to some extent Karlsson, is it really that far off? Two prospects (albeit tier 2's) and a 1st.

It's the UFA vs RFA that make a huge difference. Laine has more value than every player listed IMO

912019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Fair. But when I look at what we got for Stone and Duchene, or to some extent Karlsson, is it really that far off? Two prospects (albeit tier 2's) and a 1st.

It's the UFA vs RFA that make a huge difference. Laine has more value than every player listed IMO

Yeah, the pending UFAs garner a LOT less unless there's a sign and trade. Really, we were lucky Vegas did us a solid and paid the extra to get Stone knowing they would/could sign him.

Laine's value is absolutely through the roof. GUARANTEED at least 5 years before he hits free agency. More if you want to really pay through the nose - and then you can retrade him in the summer before the 5th year and get back some of what you've paid initially.

922019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:26 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Things can obviously change but it sounds like the Sens are going with some interesting line choices in camp:

Tkachuk-White-C.Brown
Duclair-Pageau-Batherson
Paul-Brown-Veronneau

Chabot-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Brannstrom

Given the above:

- Don't think L.Brown will make the team unless he's the best player on the ice. May be hard with Paul and Veronneau as his linemates
- Love the Tkachuk line. Very gritty line.
- The Duclair line will be interesting if it works. Not sure how defensively responsible it will be.
- Is Ryan destined to play on the 4th line? Or possibly on a line with Anisimov and Formenton/Balcers/Abramov?
- Brannstrom with Hainsey sounds like they want Brann to make the team
- Leaves a fourth line of Ennis-Tierney-Boedker (worst line in hockey?)

932019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 6 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:37 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Things can obviously change but it sounds like the Sens are going with some interesting line choices in camp:

Tkachuk-White-C.Brown
Duclair-Pageau-Batherson
Paul-Brown-Veronneau

Chabot-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Brannstrom

Given the above:

- Don't think L.Brown will make the team unless he's the best player on the ice. May be hard with Paul and Veronneau as his linemates
- Love the Tkachuk line. Very gritty line.
- The Duclair line will be interesting if it works. Not sure how defensively responsible it will be.
- Is Ryan destined to play on the 4th line? Or possibly on a line with Anisimov and Formenton/Balcers/Abramov?
- Brannstrom with Hainsey sounds like they want Brann to make the team
- Leaves a fourth line of Ennis-Tierney-Boedker (worst line in hockey?)

Ennis has been with Anisimov and Ryan which would be a great 4th line

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum