GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2019/2020 Lineup Combos

+5
Flo The Action
wprager
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

1062019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 8 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:59 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:That's what they were doing last night. At least in the first period (listened to the rest but saw little of it). The Leafs had zero time to decide what to do with the puck age after they got rid of it they got whacked. I don't think they kept stats for hits (both teams with zero on NHL.com) but just from watching the first is say the Sens were far ahead in that respect.

I didn't see the whole game, but from what I did see, the Sens were applying a lot of pressure defensively, not giving Toronto much time with the puck. It was nice to see.

1072019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 8 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:38 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Brann, De Melo, Lajoie were NHL probables.

Chabot, Zaitsev, Hainsey, Jaros, Boro did not play.

Neither did Austin Matthew's though. Chabot is the key to everything and might be even better than anyone thinks, but we're gonna be struggling in the zone quite a bit I think.

Still, there were distinct changes in coverage, basically allowing for point shots and restricting shots from the hash marks to the net and it seemed to work.

Quite interesting to watch in an otherwise boring game.

1082019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 8 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:59 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Brann, De Melo, Lajoie were NHL probables.

Chabot, Zaitsev, Hainsey, Jaros, Boro did not play.

Neither did Austin Matthew's though.  Chabot is the key to everything and might be even better than anyone thinks, but we're gonna be struggling in the zone quite a bit I think.

Still, there were distinct changes in coverage, basically allowing for point shots and restricting shots from the hash marks to the net and it seemed to work.

Quite interesting to watch in an otherwise boring game.

I thought Brann was really good at doing that specifically. I think that Tkachuk like can cause fits for Matthews and co tonight. Brown will want to be physical, and I think Tkachuk will try to assert himself physically. I actually like how we match up against Toronto.

1092019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 8 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Spezza is the key. He was -3 in a 3-1 loss.

Even though one of those was definitely on Marner and another was an ENG.

1102019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 8 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:29 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It's going to be a long season for Spezza in Toronto. Those fans are savages. He's pretty much just good for winning faceoffs and PP. Otherwise I think he's a liability on the ice

1112019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 8 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Or a very short one.

1122019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 8 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They said they wanted to use him in a defensive role, taking faceoffs on the PK. He was also playing the point on the PP. God help them if he's the last guy back and there is a short handed breakout.

1132019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 8 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:26 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Babcock specifically said something about seeing if Spezza's interested...it was a weird comment I guess meant to challenge him.

1142019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 8 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:49 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Babcock specifically said something about seeing if Spezza's interested...it was a weird comment I guess meant to challenge him.

Yeah, it sounds like this is a match made in hell. This will not be fun for Spezza.

1152019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 8 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:11 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Oh ya. Spezza in Toronto is a recipe for disaster. Funny enough, I thought Ceci actually looked okay yesterday but man did Harpur look bad. Missed the check that led to the first goal and got pummelled in a fight later in the game. I see the two of them not getting a lot of ice time/being healthy scratches. Too bad Spezza will end his career on this note.

1162019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 8 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What dimwit thought Spezza would be a good 4th line C? I don't get it. He's not the energy kind of guy, he's good at faceoffs and he's good on the PP, maybe a 3C, but a 4C should bring immediate energy and grind out shifts and he's the EXACT opposite of that.

1172019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 8 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:04 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:What dimwit thought Spezza would be a good 4th line C?  I don't get it.  He's not the energy kind of guy, he's good at faceoffs and he's good on the PP, maybe a 3C, but a 4C should bring immediate energy and grind out shifts and he's the EXACT opposite of that.

It's a terrible fit especially on a bad defensive team. I'm sure Spezza's agent called and said he wants to be a Leaf and play for league minimum. Knowing the cap situation, Dubas probably thought it was a slam dunk. Sucks for Freddy Gauthier who is six years removed from his draft year (24 years old) who is much better suited for this position as a 4C. I imagine they look at moving him or buying him out once Hyman or Dermott are off the IR. Toronto is in trouble...

1182019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 8 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Based on the last game I think Sabourin sticks around, and Batherson goes to Belleville. Brannstrom needs a half season in the AHL as well. Brown should get a few games to prove himself either way.

1192019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 8 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:57 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Based on the last game I think Sabourin sticks around, and Batherson goes to Belleville.  Brannstrom needs a half season in the AHL as well. Brown should get a few games to prove himself either way.
Hard to evaluate as there’s no consistency game after game. I hope Sabourin gets a shot. I like to cheer for the underdog. Brannstrom looked good, he’ll get some games, might get sent down before the season really starts.

I don’t see brown not heading to the AHL again. Batherson hasn’t shown he should be up here either.

1202019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 8 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Brown was buttered up by DJ after being sent down. Saying he's almost there can't be how he truly feels. Batherson will be on a very short leash. Lots of players ready to give it a shot.

1212019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 8 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:20 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Brown was buttered up by DJ after being sent down. Saying he's almost there can't be how he truly feels. Batherson will be on a very short leash. Lots of players ready to give it a shot.

Re-visiting this thread. I guess no one would have thought Namestnikov or Sabourin would be on this team. I guess we all saw Boedker in a limited role. Can't imagine the Sens not waiving him. He may be a good presence to have in the AHL. Some vet leadership never hurts.

I think Brown gets called up at the B-Sens 15 game mark. I think tonight is game 4? With Paul called-up, I'd like to see how he and Batherson do with Abramov.

Anyone know the status of Balcers' injury and when he's expected back?

1222019/2020 Lineup Combos - Page 8 Empty Re: 2019/2020 Lineup Combos Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:47 am

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

I believe Balcers is due back in another week or so.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum