GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+9
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 42 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Geez, Vegas gave away haula.  

I was shocked at how little they got for Haula.  Hard to believe that was the best they could do.

Mind you...he's really only had one really strong year where he had 29 goals and 55 points and then had some kind of bad injury and came back at less than a 0.5 ppg player, so it's not like he's elite or anything, but he would have filled in nicely here for that price.

And another disclaimer (for me) is that I know nothing about the prospect they got.  Apparently he did well in the Calder Cup finals, so there may be something usable there?

Nicolas Roy is more than usable. Vegas did well for a cap dump.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:I’m still here too. But I’m allowed to say my desire to remain loyal to only one team is being tested and slowly broken down with every questionable move or delinquency.

We are all still here but the dispair that this team can pull out is understandable with an ownership/management structure that will likely never invest themselves fully to win the cup. Dorion’s drafting is good but arguably not top 10 in the league. His capability to lead a franchise and make savvy moves is put in question every single trade. His capacity to make the right moves is also hindered by budgetary concerns and restriction that also limit how quickly a rebuild can take place in comparison to mentioned organizations.
More importantly, an atmosphere is settling in past the fan base and into the players that puts humongous question marks on the idea that players will want to resign past their last RFA years putting us into a perpetual rebuilding mode.

To break it down to a simple statement. A rebuild is only successful in Ottawa once the head of the snake is cut and the rest of management is replaced. Then we will see where this team lies.

I know, I’m repeating myself.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Although I never once seen Lehner linked to Carolina, I can see him signing there and when he does, I’m putting money on the Canes for the Cup.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:Although I never once seen Lehner linked to Carolina, I can see him signing there and when he does, I’m putting money on the Canes for the Cup.

I like where your head is at but I think the cup is a reach. They'll still need to make it through some tough competition and think they will fall short.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not surprised the isles are playing hard ball, a long term real for Lehner is a huge risk

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So many people putting all their eggs into the Bobrovsky/Panarin camp that’s it’s going to be great to see how the chips fall. It should amp up the trade market for some teams.

The Duchene story is a good one too.
IMO he’s Nashville bound. Montreal is just a leverage tool for him.
It be great if Montreal didn’t manage to sign anyone but minor pieces

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Panthers are trying to trade Reimer and will likely buy him out if they can't move him.  I'm assuming this is to make room for Bobrovsky and they're hoping Panarin too.  Those two guys improve Florida, but they're still a ways from a Cup I think...hard to say.  

On the subject of Reimer, in some sort of magical land, the Sens could trade Anderson for him and retain a bunch of Anderson's salary. Pickup some assets for taking on Reimer...bah nevermind.

All that said, it's a great time for Ottawa to tank given the Atlantic...even the stupid Sabres have enough weapons to be a fly in the ointment.  Assuming Melynk hits the road within the next couple of years, we should really start to see this team turning the corner in 2 to 3 years.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Looks like Buffalo is the team with vision and a plan to get Miller from Vegas.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

at least he didn’t go to the leafs

Hope to see Clarkson and/or Gusev to the sens on July 1. Not sold on gusev but free asset doesn’t hurt

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I’m 100% sold on Gusev. Yes please.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:at least he didn’t go to the leafs

Hope to see Clarkson and/or Gusev to the sens on July 1. Not sold on gusev but free asset doesn’t hurt

1.He's TINY

2.He's Russian - although we did get Abramov.

I don't see it happening.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:at least he didn’t go to the leafs

1.He's TINY

2.He's Russian - although we did get Abramov.

I don't see it happening.

Ya not interested. We have Abramov and Balcers. I am actually encouraged by how well Balcers did at the WHC. I can see him being a good bottom six winger capable of putting up 30-40 points over a full season.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Please tell me you aren’t comparing the talents of Abramov and Balcers to the talent of Gusev. They aren’t even in the same stratosphere.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

And before anyone mentions Ryan Spooner, please no.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'll say this. Free agency is gonna be wild.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not a big fan of spooner but if it’s a cheap one year then why not

Berglund is looking to get back in to the nhl

Dreger says we have interest in Zaitsev but we’re on his no trade list right now

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Somebody takeaway PTFlea’s keyboard and phone. Nichushkin was just bought out.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pass!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 42 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum