GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+9
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let's get Greg Carvel back. He'd be cheap.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I forgot Gronborg who I think would be a good outside the box hire.

Carvel is interesting, he just led UMass to the NCAA final

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Let's get Greg Carvel back.  He'd be cheap.

i remember him being stunned to be fired along with Clouston. i think he had our PK clicking at ridiculously high levels.

At this point, whoever we hire is going to be a sacrificial lamb for 2-3 years down the road.
I think we need anyone that can teach, develop and instil a positive culture. that widdens the list more than being a proven winner.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Let's get Greg Carvel back.  He'd be cheap.

i remember him being stunned to be fired along with Clouston. i think he had our PK clicking at ridiculously high levels.

At this point, whoever we hire is going to be a sacrificial lamb for 2-3 years down the road.
I think we need anyone that can teach, develop and instil a positive culture. that widdens the list more than being a proven winner.

What do you mean by that? Just curious as I'm confused. Does this mean whoever we hire will be fired in 2-3 years? Or that it doesn't matter since we will likely be bad next year anyway.

I think the list of provided would all be great options for player development and culture.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think what Flo is saying is that coaching won't fix this team but will be waved around as the reason we still suck in a few years and the coach will be fired.

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think what Flo is saying is that coaching won't fix this team but will be waved around as the reason we still suck in a few years and the coach will be fired.

close. I guess what I'm saying is that for once I'm not super picky about who we hire amongst the group of potential hires. I'm not looking for NHL experience, I'm only looking for a good positive structure to build a team identity and isolate the players from negativity, a good understanding of younger players and good developer of talent. yes, whoever we hire will likely be fired in 2-3 years times when results aren't translated into a playoff birth so I don't need a guy that can make us win (although winning doesn't hurt).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Unless it’s an older guy like Jacques who would retire I think we need somebody who will last years. I don’t think they’ll be fired

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Unless it’s an older guy like Jacques who would retire I think we need somebody who will last years. I don’t think they’ll be fired

I agree that Jacque might be a good candidate although i have questions about how good he can be in today’s NHL. He didn’t fair well in MTL.

Can you name any recent NHL coach that have lasted more than 3 years starting with a young NHL team up to contending? The only time you see extensions is with succeful teams that are in the midst of contention.

Ottawa is a coaching graveyard. Of course that’s part of the culture that has to change, I don’t see it happening soon.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can’t help but cheer on Columbus right now. What they’re doing is nothing short of the story of the playoffs this year. Albeit it’s still early.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is a very special night for Columbus. Haven’t seen a fan base so frantic Ina long time. What an amazing performance. They fully deserve this!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Had tMpa just waited 2 weeks to resign cooper.... I’m sorry but I don’t know how you can come back with him. Sure,great regular season but he hasn’t been able to take them to another level.with thatclass of player on board... I dunno.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, the crowd in Columbus was bonkers, and rightfully so. Tampa will 100% come back with Cooper, although what a strange collapse.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, the crowd in Columbus was bonkers, and rightfully so.  Tampa will 100% come back with Cooper, although what a strange collapse.

yeah, ultimately Tampa has placed their bets with cooper for next season but that could still be his last year.

as a fan that's seen his fair share of turmoil, i couldn't help but have a giant grin on my face watching the fans last night. it's like when we first defeated Buffalo in the playoffs. instead, they've had to wait how long? twice as long?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yzerman to be named GM of the wings. The prodigal son comes home.

That’s probably a good move for the wings. Get him to polish off a rebuild for a couple more years and reload.

I’m not sure if the wings can become as successful as Tampa but it’s a good start. Wonder who and if he brings other people on board.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

That Turris contract starting to look really bad for the Preds. Simmonds and Boyle were non-existent as playoff rentals. Not sure how the Preds rebound after such a big upset.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:Yzerman to be named GM of the wings. The prodigal son comes home.

That’s probably a good move for the wings. Get him to polish off a rebuild for a couple more years and reload.

I’m not sure if the wings can become as successful as Tampa but it’s a good start. Wonder who and if he brings other people on board.

Not sure I agree.

Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi all good players to build around. Zadina will be an impact forward, plus a top ten pick and three 2nd rounders this year. They need a goalie and a younger defence (oldest defence in the league?), but think they can be competitive again in the same timeframe as the Sens (2-3 years).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Can you really say that Tampa is successful? This was their peak. They are not getting 62 wins again with this roster. Yet they went out in 4 when it really counted.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:That Turris contract starting to look really bad for the Preds. Simmonds and Boyle were non-existent as playoff rentals. Not sure how the Preds rebound after such a big upset.

I agree, that's bad news. At least Toronto and Vegas lost to equals, I dunno how you rebound from that. At least they have that d core I guess, but it's getting old.

And yeah, wow turris.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum