GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 Playoffs

+6
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Flo The Action
Lagoon
tim1_2
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 19]

462018 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:18 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:John Stevens next Sens head coach? Barry Trotz? I imagine both these guys will be on thin ice if their respective teams lose. Man, Trotz would be awesome but I doubt he passes up on a chance to coach the Rangers over Ottawa...
I thought about Trotz the second the final buzzer went last night. To bad he will probably want more than Kathleen Wynne’s minimum wage. I don’t see why Stevens job would be in jeopardy though.

472018 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:21 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:John Stevens next Sens head coach? Barry Trotz? I imagine both these guys will be on thin ice if their respective teams lose. Man, Trotz would be awesome but I doubt he passes up on a chance to coach the Rangers over Ottawa...

Trotz would be an awful choice. He's a guy who always disappoints when it really matters.

482018 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:23 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Lagoon wrote:
wprager wrote:Let's not forget Vegas is playing a wildcard team that missed the playoffs last year.  I honestly thought LA would be better, but they are playing like an okd, slow team.  
Ok, you go ahead and look at it that way and I will look at it like Vegas is playing a wild card team because they earned that right throughout their regular season of winning...and Vegas didn’t even exist last year. I will also say that the Kings look old and slow because they are on the ice with Vegas. Not a very good post by you. Sounds like you haven’t watched a second of Vegas this season. But it is only 3 wins, lots of games left.
It really is a shame that 4 of Vegas, Winnipeg, Nashville, TB and Boston have to lose.

Look, this isn't #2playing #3. You can look at the Boston-Toronto series and say that the Leafs are getting schooled. They finished relatively close in the regular season standings and are wiping their asses wit the Leafs' jerseys right now.

Whereas the Knights finished well above the Kings and are -- on paper -- much more of a favorite than Boston over the Leafs. If both series end up as sweeps, which one is the more unexpected result?

492018 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:32 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

Trotz would be an awful choice. He's a guy who always disappoints when it really matters.

There's zero point considering Trotz or Vigneault anyway since they'd both be waaaaaay too expensive. I think we're going to go into uncharted territory with Boucher.....year 3.

502018 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:45 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
wprager wrote:Let's not forget Vegas is playing a wildcard team that missed the playoffs last year.  I honestly thought LA would be better, but they are playing like an okd, slow team.  
Ok, you go ahead and look at it that way and I will look at it like Vegas is playing a wild card team because they earned that right throughout their regular season of winning...and Vegas didn’t even exist last year. I will also say that the Kings look old and slow because they are on the ice with Vegas. Not a very good post by you. Sounds like you haven’t watched a second of Vegas this season. But it is only 3 wins, lots of games left.
It really is a shame that 4 of Vegas, Winnipeg, Nashville, TB and Boston have to lose.

Look, this isn't #2playing #3.  You can look at the Boston-Toronto series and say that the Leafs are getting schooled.  They finished relatively close in the regular season standings and are wiping their asses wit the Leafs' jerseys right now.

Whereas the Knights finished well above the Kings and are -- on paper -- much more of a favorite than Boston over the Leafs.  If both series end up as sweeps, which one is the more unexpected result?
I really don’t see your opinion here but it really doesn’t matter to me because it is only opinion. But, Boston and Toronto were separated by 7 points in the final regular season standings and Vegas and LA, 11. Seeding means nothing to me. Vegas money...was not on Vegas as the bets rolled in. They just get no respect because of bitterness and jealousy in my opinion.

512018 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:46 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

There's zero point considering Trotz or Vigneault anyway since they'd both be waaaaaay too expensive.  I think we're going to go into uncharted territory with Boucher.....year 3.
I agree that a good coach that will probably demand a matching salary will not be entertained by Melnyk.

522018 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:47 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

There's zero point considering Trotz or Vigneault anyway since they'd both be waaaaaay too expensive.  I think we're going to go into uncharted territory with Boucher.....year 3.

I would go with Boucher again. Let him prove himself.

532018 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:15 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

Fair. But same thing was said about Boudreau and we were all salivating at the chance.

542018 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:18 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

I think it would bode well on the organization to give him a shot. It would go a long way to change the opinion of Ottawa being a coaching graveyard. But if he is brought back things need to change. Ie: he needs to stop playing certain players, change up his system, practice, and fix his special teams. I'd hate to lose him mid season and appoint Crawford as interim.

552018 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:11 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

Yup. Most likely. And then when/if they fire him we will go back to a cheap NHL rookie coach.

562018 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:14 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

I think it would bode well on the organization to give him a shot. It would go a long way to change the opinion of Ottawa being a coaching graveyard. But if he is brought back things need to change. Ie: he needs to stop playing certain players, change up his system, practice, and fix his special teams. I'd hate to lose him mid season and appoint Crawford as interim.

The most likely scenario.

Let’s see if he adopts Dorion’s points of view.

572018 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:54 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

Yup. Most likely. And then when/if they fire him we will go back to a cheap NHL rookie coach.

Nothing wrong with cheap rookie coaches . See John cooper and Bruce Cassidy

582018 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They've got a Cup winning head coach. No way they go with a rookie.

592018 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:07 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

I actually want Crawford to take over. I think it is the most likely scenario and one that will work. Crawford has shown patience with young players before, yet given them the ice time needed to develop and learn through the good and bad. He had the Sedin’s through their rookie years and kept playing them through their struggles. Auston Matthews had great things to say about what he learned under Crawford in Switzerland. What Crawford took over in Vancouver is exactly what the Sens are now and plan to be. I think Vancouver missed the playoffs in Crawford’s first two years, and then they become a consistent playoff team after. I see many parallels between those early Canucks team and their blended team of vets and high draft picks. His former style was offensive and prone to defensive mistakes. We have players with very high IQ, Karlsson, Stone, Duchene, White, Brown, Chlapik, Pageau, Chabot and Wolanin. Let these guys play the game with their natural instincts. Crawford has said himself the Sedin’s hockey sense is the reason why he kept playing the Sedin’s through their early struggles in adjusting to the NHL.

602018 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:14 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

Nothing wrong with cheap rookie coaches . See John cooper and Bruce Cassidy

If you pick the right one. Look at the laundry list of coaches the Sens have gone through. And some of them I even liked...Dave Cameron especially.

612018 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:52 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Oddly enough, Cameron just lost his latest job with Calgary.

622018 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oddly enough he lost his job because they missed the playoffs, which is the subject of this thread.

632018 Playoffs - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:44 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

When your opponents goalie has a .948 save percentage and a 1.55 GAA, it is tough to win a 7 game series. That is unless you are Vegas and you wipe the floor with Jonathan Quick and the LA Kings in 4 straight games. Vegas baby!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum