GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2020 Expansion draft

+3
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

162020 Expansion draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:26 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:Since you cannot fall more than 3 spots there is a huge benefit of finishing dead last this year in particular.  Significant drop off from the top 4.

Yeah that does make sense, although I’m not sure we’ll manage to really dip to 1st. Even with only 4 points out of a playoff spot.

172020 Expansion draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:26 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

10.5% to 18.0% is a very significant jump.  And if Buffalo is 30th you know they never win, so add their 12.5% Smile

I'm sure you've already heard about Ev@n Bouchard.  Ranked 6th in the latest ISS Top-31 list, just behind Adam Boqvist. But Boqvist is smaller and plays in Europe.  In other words Bouchard is already playing NA style hockey.

If the Sens win the lottery it's a no brainer, you take Dahlin.  If they are picking 2nd or 3rd then it's Zadina or Tkachuk (I just don't see them picking a Russian, yet). But if they are picking 4/5 then they may well go for Bouchard.  He has size and playing in the O on his side over Boqvist, and he's a rightie, to boot.

Last edited by wprager on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

182020 Expansion draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:35 pm

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Svechnikov is a better pick than Zadina or Tkachuk.  Ottawa might take Bouchard over Boqvist but not one of the wingers.

192020 Expansion draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens haven't taken a Russian since Perestroika. Well, not that far back, but still. I'll believe it when I see it.

202020 Expansion draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:25 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They don't have an Anti Russian bias. They just don't want to take KHLers. Svechnikov has played in Michigan and Barrie the last two years. If he didn't want to play NHL he wouldn't have done that

212020 Expansion draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:28 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:They don't have an Anti Russian bias. They just don't want to take KHLers. Svechnikov has played in Michigan and Barrie the last two years. If he didn't want to play NHL he wouldn't have done that

You don’t know what the Sens want, so don’t pretend to. The actual facts laugh in the face of what you pretend to know about Ottawa’s drafting preference. Consider for example, since the Sens last Russian draft selection of Bashkirov in the 2nd round, 60Th overall in 2007 the following teams have drafted this many Russians:
Anaheim - 1
Atlanta - 2
Boston - 2
Buffalo - 3
Calgary - 2
Colorado - 4
Columbus - 5
Chicago - 4
Dallas - 4
Detroit - 3
Edmonton - 7
Florida - 5
Minnesota - 3
Montreal - 4
Nashville - 4
New Jersey - 4
New York Islanders - 7
New York Rangers - 5
Philadelphia - 7
Pittsburgh - 3
Phoenix - 2
Los Angeles - 6
Tampa Bay - 8
Toronto - 6
St. Louis - 6
San Jose - 4
Vancouver - 3
Vegas - 1
Washington - 7
Winnipeg - 2

Those are actual facts and that’s why they are stated as such.

So yah, every single NHL team has drafted Russians and most multiple Russians since the Sens last called one to the stage in 2007.

You also have no idea what Svechnikov wants to do or why.

You post is crap and has been called out.

Last edited by Lagoon on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

222020 Expansion draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:50 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:They don't have an Anti Russian bias. They just don't want to take KHLers. Svechnikov has played in Michigan and Barrie the last two years. If he didn't want to play NHL he wouldn't have done that

You don’t know what the Sens want, so don’t pretend to. The actual facts laugh in the face of what you pretend to know about Ottawa’s drafting preference. Consider for example, since the Sens last Russian draft selection of Bashkirov in the 2nd round, 60Th overall in 2007 the following teams have drafted this many Russians:
Anaheim - 1
Atlanta - 2
Boston - 2
Buffalo - 3
Calgary - 2
Colorado - 4
Columbus - 5
Chicago - 4
Dallas - 4
Detroit - 3
Edmonton - 7
Florida - 5
Minnesota - 3
Montreal - 4
Nashville - 4
New Jersey - 4
New York Islanders - 7
New York Rangers - 5
Philadelphia - 7
Pittsburgh - 3
Phoenix - 2
Los Angeles - 6
Tampa Bay - 8
Toronto - 6
St. Louis - 6
San Jose - 4
Vancouver - 3
Vegas - 1
Washington - 7
Winnipeg - 2

So yah, every single NHL team has drafted Russians and most multiple Russians since the Sens last called one to the stage in 2007.

I know for a fact the Sens wanted to draft Grigorenko, Burmistrov, Yakupov, and Sergachev in their respective drafts. They signed Gonchar and traded for Filatov.

It's pretty obvious that Svechnikov wants to have an NHL career having come over to the USHL and OHL. You have no clue what you're talking about if you can't see why this means he wants to play NHL.

There are not many Russians in the league and the Sens don't want to draft Russian KHLers. They are not anti-Russian, they are anti KHL Russians. You listed some teams with 2 Russians drafted since 2007. That's pretty much the same thing. It's just a case where the Russians the Sens actually wanted to draft didn't fall in their lap.

If I had access I would ban you right now for being a huge troll over the last month or so. It's getting ridiculous and making this site not enjoyable to visit. You're wasting your time because nobody wants to talk to you if you continue this way.

232020 Expansion draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:04 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

No, you don’t know they wanted to draft those 4 Russians for a fact.

And signing the veteran Gonchar and trading for an already volatile Filatov do nothing to enhance your attempts at being a Sens internet draft insider. Good effort at changing the topic though.

242020 Expansion draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:19 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:No, you don’t know they wanted to draft those 4 Russians for a fact.

And signing the veteran Gonchar and trading for an already volatile Filatov do nothing to enhance your attempts at being a Sens internet draft insider. Good effort at changing the topic though.

Yeah, I'm just not going to talk to you anymore. You're a troll and nothing more. Goodbye.

252020 Expansion draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:23 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Heaven forbid someone finally calls you out on your crap. Watch what you post.

Peace out. I will be here to let others know actual facts like the truth above.

262020 Expansion draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:37 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Anaheim - 1
Atlanta - 2
Boston - 2
Buffalo - 3
Calgary - 2
Colorado - 4
Columbus - 5
Chicago - 4
Dallas - 4
Detroit - 3
Edmonton - 7
Florida - 5
Minnesota - 3
Montreal - 4
Nashville - 4
New Jersey - 4
New York Islanders - 7
New York Rangers - 5
Philadelphia - 7
Pittsburgh - 3
Phoenix - 2
Los Angeles - 6
Tampa Bay - 8
Toronto - 6
St. Louis - 6
San Jose - 4
Vancouver - 3
Vegas - 1
Washington - 7
Winnipeg - 2

I know for a fact the Sens wanted to draft Grigorenko, Burmistrov, Yakupov, and Sergachev in their respective drafts. They signed Gonchar and traded for Filatov.

It's pretty obvious that Svechnikov wants to have an NHL career having come over to the USHL and OHL. You have no clue what you're talking about if you can't see why this means he wants to play NHL.

I love that you say I have “no clue” what I’m talking about and try to display your superiority when really there are so many reasons why what you just said is the most surface-level intelligence when it comes to hockey, kids and drafting. Take for example just because Svechnikov comes to NA play at an early age means not what you think it means. He comes here as a kid, gets treated like a star, gets playing time and minutes as a teen in a foreign land and then gets drafted to the NHL and faces his first bit of playing time adversity, discipline, professional structure, etc. He doesn’t get his way, attitude changes and that doesn’t fly in the NHL. What happens then? He’s always been able to get away with it and now he’s being held truly accountable. Ottawa’s been burned by Russians before talent-wise and attitude, and I would assume, as my facts would seem to support, they seem a little gun-shy to draft one again, unlike every single team in the NHL since Ottawa’s last attempt.

Carry on with your grade school knowledge and bully facts.

272020 Expansion draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:05 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Anaheim - 1
Atlanta - 2
Boston - 2
Buffalo - 3
Calgary - 2
Colorado - 4
Columbus - 5
Chicago - 4
Dallas - 4
Detroit - 3
Edmonton - 7
Florida - 5
Minnesota - 3
Montreal - 4
Nashville - 4
New Jersey - 4
New York Islanders - 7
New York Rangers - 5
Philadelphia - 7
Pittsburgh - 3
Phoenix - 2
Los Angeles - 6
Tampa Bay - 8
Toronto - 6
St. Louis - 6
San Jose - 4
Vancouver - 3
Vegas - 1
Washington - 7
Winnipeg - 2

I know for a fact the Sens wanted to draft Grigorenko, Burmistrov, Yakupov, and Sergachev in their respective drafts.

There are not many Russians in the league and the Sens don't want to draft Russian KHLers. They are not anti-Russian, they are anti KHL Russians. You listed some teams with 2 Russians drafted since 2007. That's pretty much the same thing. It's just a case where the Russians the Sens actually wanted to draft didn't fall in their lap.

Didn’t fall into the Sens lap? Did you ever think with your limited knowledge that maybe those 4 players you “know for a fact” the Sens wanted didn’t fall into the Sens lap because the Sens have Russians ranked so low that they would never fall that far? Especially considering Grigorenko was consensus pre-ranked at 8th overall in 2012, actually got drafted 12th and the Sens picked 15th. If the Sens wanted him, they had ample time to trade up. Burmistrov was consensus pre-ranked at 7th overall in 2010. He got drafted 8th. If the Sens really wanted a Russian in 2010, at 16th they could have drafted a guy by the name of Tarasenko, who was ranked 8th overall and still on the board when the Sens chose to trade for Swedish Rundblad instead. The Sens had ample opportunity to pick Burmistrov or change their focus to the falling Tarasenko. Sergachyov you say? In 2016, he was consensus pre-ranked at 7th overall, got picked 9th and the Sens had the 12th selection. The Sens had ample time to trade up as all 3 Russians fell below their draft ranking. The Sens wanted to draft Yakupov. Laughing3 good one.

Don’t try and spew your Dung with me around.

282020 Expansion draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:25 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

@lagoon
Your logic that the Sens are gunshy with drafting Russians is quite flawed. You state how they could have easily moved up but it’s not that easy to do. The Sens have been very interested in CHL Russians to the extent they have brought some to Ottawa pre draft for interviews and testing. Tarasenko was a risk to not come over and Murray passed. It’s well known the Sens coveted Sergechev but moving into the top 10 is tough.

292020 Expansion draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:33 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Oglethorpe wrote:@lagoon
Your logic that the Sens are gunshy with drafting Russians is quite flawed.  You state how they could have easily moved up but it’s not that easy to do. The Sens have been very interested in CHL Russians to the extent they have brought some to Ottawa pre draft for interviews and testing.  Tarasenko was a risk to not come over and Murray passed.  It’s well known the Sens coveted Sergechev but moving into the top 10 is tough.

I’m not sure what you are reading because

1 - I never said the Sens were gunshy. I said they seem to be gunshy as the facts presented of every other team in the NHL drafting Russians and most multiple times over since the Sens last did. I don’t pretend to know more than Pierre Dorion, Murray or staff like others do.

And

2 - I also didn’t say the Sens could easily have moved up. I said they had ample time if they wanted to draft those 4 specific Russians as 3 of them were already falling. Yakupov, that’s just laughable unless the Sens wanted to do what you say is not easy to do. If it isn’t easy to do, why would Ev say the Sens wanted him? That’s like saying a fat kid wants candy. Of course he does. I know it is not easy to do and that why I laughed at the Yakupov suggestion.

And of course the Sens bring in most all players for pre-testing and interviews. They are in the NHL after all.

$$$$$$$ The fact is, if the Sens wanted to draft those 4 Russians that were suggested by Ev, they either had to trade up or hope all 4 fell well below their mock draft ranking consensus. If that was the Sens strategy to hope all 4 fell, can you really state you know for a fact the Sens wanted them? I’m sure all the Stanley Cup winners hope higher ranked draft eligible players fall. It’s up to them to go get them if they want, just like the Sens have done before for non-Russian players or many other teams do every single draft day.

Ev’s post is crap. I’ve proven it and will continue to do so with actual fact not opinion stated as fact.

302020 Expansion draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:51 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:@lagoon
Your logic that the Sens are gunshy with drafting Russians is quite flawed.  You state how they could have easily moved up but it’s not that easy to do. The Sens have been very interested in CHL Russians to the extent they have brought some to Ottawa pre draft for interviews and testing.  Tarasenko was a risk to not come over and Murray passed.  It’s well known the Sens coveted Sergechev but moving into the top 10 is tough.

Yup it's pretty well known of their interest in Sergachev and they did attempt to trade up. Tarasenko was a KHL Russian. Completely different scenario.

My advice, put this clown on ignore. He's been here before under multiple usernames.

312020 Expansion draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:08 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

REDACTED Bouchard is my dark horse pick for the Sens if they don't draft Dhalin.

Prospects with NHL potential: White, Brown, Formenton, Batherson, Perron, Gagne, Chlapik

Defensemen: Jaros, Englund

We have a lot more forward depth. If Karlsson is traded I think Ottawa will go with Bouchard who is a 6'2" puck moving RHD. Leads London and OHL defencemen with points.

If Ottawa does get Dhalin I imagine Karlsson will be kept and Ceci traded. Just a hunch.

322020 Expansion draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:09 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hmmm... apparently when I type 'REDACTED' it changes to 'REDACTED'

332020 Expansion draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 Expansion draft Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:10 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev@n ? Does this work?

Super weird. What is going on around here

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum