GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Senators @ Capitals - Nov 22, 2017, 7:00pm

+3
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Of course there was outcry on Twitter.

I dunno...what Boucher players do we have already? Pyatt? Good. Dido? Fine. It's depth, and Dumont can take faceoffs apparently...see where it goes I guess.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Sens claimed Gabriel Dumont off waivers from Tampa.

Why?  Please say its not because he plans on playing 13 forwards and sitting Chabot.  You're killing me, Guy. Facepalm

I really don't understand all this vitriol towards Boucher. Are fans in this city really that fickle? It's mindblowing.
Yes fans are that fickle.

You guys just don't get my sense of humour.  There's no vitriol.

Or was there outcry on twitter?

Sorry I wasn't trying to single you out, I was just frustrated from what I've been reading on the internet. I'm going to limit my sens digest to this site

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’m fine with Boucher if I’m being 100%honest. Probably one of the best coach we’ve ever had. I mean, the proof is in the pudding. I think under his style of play we overachieved last year. Probably partially due Anyways.
I do like the addition of dido and Pyatt. Too early to tell on Gabriel but I would like more offensive minded players getting shots.

But I think things are far from perfect.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What bugs me is that Chabot is sitting there rotting until Washington starts to kill us and it's too late. Diddle I hate that oduya is wasting chabots chance to prove he can play.

Whatver, it's not the way I would coach the roster.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:What bugs me is that Chabot is sitting there rotting until Washington starts to kill us and it's too late.  Diddle I hate that oduya is wasting chabots chance to prove he can play.  

chabot would get dusted by ovie and backstrom if they played him a lot to start

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:What bugs me is that Chabot is sitting there rotting until Washington starts to kill us and it's too late.  Diddle I hate that oduya is wasting chabots chance to prove he can play.  

chabot would get dusted by  ovie and backstrom if they played him a lot to start

...and it would have been worse than what happened? I'd rather see him play big minutes and get burned once in a while and have some silky skill to boot.

We need another horse back there who isn't afraid to take the puck up and attack the zone. Crci did it for about 5 games and stopped, and he really doesn't have the talent.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Ottawa outplayed them in the first.  All they need is to get 1 in the first when they are rolling and it's completely different game.  This is a slump nothing more.  Definitely a playoff team.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t know. I still think our record is better than we are. People have been saying those close losses in oT could have been wins but most of those happened at the beginning of the season when most teams weren’t catching the groove. I don’t know. As it stands today i could see us missing the playoffs just like making it in a wildcard spot. They are gonna have to make this team better offensively or at least get that PP going at a much better pace.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:

chabot would get dusted by  ovie and backstrom if they played him a lot to start

...and it would have been worse than what happened?  I'd rather see him play big minutes and get burned once in a while and have some silky skill to boot.

We need another horse back there who isn't afraid to take the puck up and attack the zone.  Crci did it for about 5 games and stopped, and he really doesn't have the talent.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Right now nothing is really firing on all cylinders. Offense/defense/goaltending has all been sketchy, and I'm not entirely sure what to blame that on...the Sweden trip? Weird.

Anyway, a back to back coming up against Columbus and the Islanders...here's hoping something good happens.

Also, I'd like to do away with 11F/7D for a while. I'm hoping Boucher liked what he saw from Chabot (anyone here anything he said after the game?) and will trust him more in the short-term. Chabot looked pretty good, although he also had a couple brutal turnovers.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:Ottawa outplayed them in the first.  All they need is to get 1 in the first when they are rolling and it's completely different game.  This is a slump nothing more.  Definitely a playoff team.

Umm, what? They were pretty even through 10 minutes or so but the Caps were significantly better after that. While it was still 0-0 I kept thinking they were very lucky (Anderson made some saves and was lucky on others). 2-0 at the end of the first was well earned, even if it did come near the end.

P.S. Ovie was invisible until he scored.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Right now nothing is really firing on all cylinders.  Offense/defense/goaltending has all been sketchy, and I'm not entirely sure what to blame that on...the Sweden trip?  Weird.

Anyway, a back to back coming up against Columbus and the Islanders...here's hoping something good happens.  

Also, I'd like to do away with 11F/7D for a while.  I'm hoping Boucher liked what he saw from Chabot (anyone here anything he said after the game?) and will trust him more in the short-term.  Chabot looked pretty good, although he also had a couple brutal turnovers.

Goaltending has been questionable since day one. Anderson's been sub-.900 since the start and, although Condon started off well he's right there with Andy, now.

i think the Turris trade has upset the balance in the room and maybe the leadership core has not done enough to settle things down. Apart from Turris they've also been missing Ryan (back now), Boro (back for a game, now out for who knows how long). And don't forget White and CMac (I'm fairly certain White would have made the team out of camp if not for the broken hand). Karlsson has not been himself at all since the start, and the last 2-3 games he has not even generated a lot of chances.

It's getting really close to a players-only meeting time.

DiDomenico had his ice time reduced in New York and he was benched last night. So at least Boucher is showing a willingness to sit *his* guys. Unfortunately there appears to be a never-ending stream of "his guys", Dumont being the latest addition. Honestly, we have guys who can be that now and with a higher upside.

Could it be that DiDo and Dumont are $612K and $650K and White/Brown are $925K?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DiDomenico on waivers. Assuming he clears he'll head on down to Belleville.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:DiDomenico on waivers. Assuming he clears he'll head on down to Belleville.
If we loses dido to waivers over having picked up Dumont I’m not gonna be impressed.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:DiDomenico on waivers. Assuming he clears he'll head on down to Belleville.
If we loses dido to waivers over having picked up Dumont I’m not gonna be impressed.

They must feel Dumont is better which is most likely correct.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Right now nothing is really firing on all cylinders.  Offense/defense/goaltending has all been sketchy, and I'm not entirely sure what to blame that on...the Sweden trip?  Weird.

Also, I'd like to do away with 11F/7D for a while.  I'm hoping Boucher liked what he saw from Chabot (anyone here anything he said after the game?) and will trust him more in the short-term.  Chabot looked pretty good, although he also had a couple brutal turnovers.

Karlsson didn't break into the league as an elite player. He broke in as a -5 player in his first year (26 points in 60 games) and a -30 in his second season (45 point in 75 games).

Realizing the sample is incredibly small, Chabot is averaging a +1 and 0.75 points per game. There are going to be hiccups along the way but Boucher should just let the kid play. He gives up a size and experience yes, but the best way to learn is to learn the hard way.

In reality Chabot is our second and worst third best defenceman.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:Ottawa outplayed them in the first.  All they need is to get 1 in the first when they are rolling and it's completely different game.  This is a slump nothing more.  Definitely a playoff team.

Umm, what?  They were pretty even through 10 minutes or so but the Caps were significantly better after that.  While it was still 0-0 I kept thinking they were very lucky (Anderson made some saves and was lucky on others).  2-0 at the end of the first was well earned, even if it did come near the end.

P.S. Ovie was invisible until he scored.  
Ottawa outplayed the Caps in the first.  More scoring chances just no finish.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Agree to disagree, then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum